What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU @ New Mexico | Dec. 11th @ 7pm | ESPN2

Sure...some credit is warranted. Road wins are always nice and definitely an impressive comeback.

However I’m not sure why you’re acting like beating a mediocre team is some kind of “gotcha moment.”

If this season turns out to be a legitimately impressive one (and I sincerely hope it does) then feel free to hassle me about it all you want. But we’re certainly not there yet.

(y)

Sure...some credit is warranted. Road wins are always nice and definitely an impressive comeback.

However I’m not sure why you’re acting like beating a mediocre team is some kind of “gotcha moment.”

If this season turns out to be a legitimately impressive one (and I sincerely hope it does) then feel free to hassle me about it all you want. But we’re certainly not there yet.

I think you underestimate road wins against quality teams. They may not be FF contenders, but they're still a quality, "mediocre" team. Last night's win definitely could be a "gotcha moment."

Perhaps instead of trying to be smarmy, just root for this team, if they are your team. If they aren't your team, I have no idea why you're on these boards. If you're a Buffs fan, this team warrants your fandom. Instead of sitting back, criticizing, but "hoping" they do well, just ****ing support them like true FANS. Damn... ....last night was a great win, and people acting like they're too smart to be happy.

GO BUFFS! Great ****ing win; everyone that's a CU fan should be proud, in spite of whatever specifics we can critique.

I think you underestimate road wins against quality teams. They may not be FF contenders, but they're still a quality, "mediocre" team. Last night's win definitely could be a "gotcha moment."

Perhaps instead of trying to be smarmy, just root for this team, if they are your team. If they aren't your team, I have no idea why you're on these boards. If you're a Buffs fan, this team warrants your fandom. Instead of sitting back, criticizing, but "hoping" they do well, just ****ing support them like true FANS. Damn... ....last night was a great win, and people acting like they're too smart to be happy.

GO BUFFS! Great ****ing win; everyone that's a CU fan should be proud, in spite of whatever specifics we can critique.
JRK would troll his wife about producing an average baby.

I enjoyed reading this thread from start to finish. I also enjoyed being at the Pit to watch the Buffs pull out the win, finish strong, and show some guts and grit!! Fun road trip. I'd do it again.

UNM fans were harmless, one bought us a round at halftime. The stadium has a larger capacity, which was fun, but I wasn't all impressed by the noise (they got the loudest when the entire stadium finally stood up on one of CU's last big possessions, which ended in Buffs free throws).

Huge road win for the basketball team. First half had it's ups and downs, we shot horribly from the FT line, shot at around 41% in general, and obviously turned the ball over 12 times. All of these were corrected, players stepped up, and the real young ones who didn't contribute much and looked discombobulated the entire game learned some lessons. I didn't need to mention any names here, you all already did. Off to the holiday tournament for the Buffs now!

Go Buffs!

If the Buffs solidly defend the 3 they'll be fine. Mix in any level of rebounding advantage and we're safe as houses. UNM can't win if they don't shoot over 40% from 3.
BUFFS 83
HOBOS 77
Got close. Lobos shot 40% from 3pt, but we out rebounded them by 13. Good win.

Don't have time to read this thread but I will later, sorry if its already been discussed but I thought Walton was in rare form even for him last night. When he went down the rungs of the Pac 12 I was laughing out loud. USC....Well......they cant do anything on the court at all....

He was also spot on about Bey, and what it takes to be great. The howling of course I could have done without.

I enjoyed reading this thread from start to finish. I also enjoyed being at the Pit to watch the Buffs pull out the win, finish strong, and show some guts and grit!! Fun road trip. I'd do it again.

UNM fans were harmless, one bought us a round at halftime. The stadium has a larger capacity, which was fun, but I wasn't all impressed by the noise (they got the loudest when the entire stadium finally stood up on one of CU's last big possessions, which ended in Buffs free throws).

Huge road win for the basketball team. First half had it's ups and downs, we shot horribly from the FT line, shot at around 41% in general, and obviously turned the ball over 12 times. All of these were corrected, players stepped up, and the real young ones who didn't contribute much and looked discombobulated the entire game learned some lessons. I didn't need to mention any names here, you all already did. Off to the holiday tournament for the Buffs now!

Go Buffs!

Hard to tell on TV but it didn't look like the pit was rocking like it can when they are really into a game.

Still a big arena with a crowd that is used to seeing their team win games makes it a tough place to play.

Not the best of UNM teams this year as well but when CU got down deep in the first half on the road a lot of prior Buffs teams would have folded up and taken their beating. UNM hit some tough shots, CU missed some shots they would expect to make, they had some fouls called against them, just a bunch of stuff at once that got them off to a bad start but they stuck with it and pulled out a win.

They need though to learn from it an not get into that hole early. Against better teams they won't be able to make the comeback from that far down.

Go Buffs!
They weren't howling? They usually do when they start getting hammered and it's a big game. I hear ya though, I've been there when it wasn't that loud and I've been there when you couldn't hardly hear the person next to you.

They weren't howling? They usually do when they start getting hammered and it's a big game. I hear ya though, I've been there when it wasn't that loud and I've been there when you couldn't hardly hear the person next to you.
Heh, yeah the stupid howl noise was blaring over the sound system at times, along with some yapping noises at one point (sounded like chihuahuas nipping at your heels lol). But yes, I could see how it gets deafening. Not their year though.

Namon Wright says hello. So does Carlon Brown.
Did you read my post? That's what, a transfer every 4yrs? Marcus Relphorde even...I know CU has had transfers. Tad is not doing well getting them and seems to handcuff himself by self imposing JC/transfers must qualify out of HS. Alex Strating is still on scholarship for MBB at CU. Let that sink in.

Did you read my post? That's what, a transfer every 4yrs? Marcus Relphorde even...I know CU has had transfers. Tad is not doing well getting them and seems to handcuff himself by self imposing JC/transfers must qualify out of HS. Alex Strating is still on scholarship for MBB at CU. Let that sink in.

Really? You're going to go out on this limb? Fair enough. That was two names that I thought were relevant today and historically. Shane Gatling is also a transfer on this team. Derrick White was a transfer. Josh Fortune, although he weirdly regressed as a shooter here, but that guy always played hard.

I'd much rather build a team with high school recruits and fill in with the occasional transfer.

Touche. I had forgotten about a few of those names. That is beside my point. It's odd to me that Tad is keeping extra schollys and allowing players of AS' level to remain on the team. You fill those positions with transfers and Tad has been having trouble doing that.

Impressive comeback, twice, from 17 and later 14 points down. I'd feel really good about a successful PAc12 schedule if we could get back to back good performances from Namon, DeShawn and Gatling because NW4, Bey and generally Siewert and Battey are consistently giving positive performances. The next bunch of games agains just OK teams will tell alot.

You know, D'Shawn couldn't get a bucket to fall last night, but he played with confidence on O. That's what we need from him because his ability to score can produce some really good outings from him. Just keep shooting and getting to the rim. Some of his misses were puzzlingly bad bunnies though.

Schwartz was absolutely horrid for 3/4 of that game and could not make a thing! I kept commenting throughout the game how horrible he looked and I was so nervous every time he touched the ball! But, for the team overall, so many improvements and lessons to learn from this game in particular. We should win the upcoming holiday tournament, to be honest. Looking at the other teams, who they have played, and how their records have gone so far. We should be champions of this tournament. Would be very nice going into tough Pac-12 play with away games to ASU and UA.

HEY, while I have everyone's attention, by chance does anyone know of any CU-friendly bars in Madison, WI or watch party places?? I will be there Jan. 3rd through 6th for a DU hockey weekend and would like to catch the ASU and U of A game on those Thursday and Saturday evenings. I am going to post about it as well. But thank you for reading. GO BUFFS!

Back