What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU vs. Arizona | Feb. 17th @ 6pm | ESPNU

The dude on the telecast said this is the first time that we've won 5 straight conference games since 2005.

That can't possibly be right.... can it?
I'm surprised it's not "ever". We're talking about a program that has won 2 NCAA tourney games since the 1960s and had only made the Dance a couple times since the 60s until Tad (did it under Ricardo).

Great physical game. In the 2nd half, Buffs went until last 6 minutes without fouling. There's been a few times in this stretch where Buffs are in the bonus and the opposition isn't close. That's a big advantage. Team has become mentally and physically tougher. Love that. Needs fans to see the change and give more support. Student section is embarrassing. Roll Tad!

Earlier in the Battey was a bit of a liability defense. He was getting lots on screens and help defense frequently. He seems to have figured things out. Especially when defending in the post. Good luck trying to back that guy down. He isn't moving.
Yep. What I loved about the possession I talked about is that it had everything. First, UA tried to set the offense twice by using their big to orchestrate from the 3pt line at the top of the key. Battey didn't go above the free throw line to challenge, following his scouting report that the guy couldn't shoot from range, and did a great job of eliminating any passing lanes into the lane area. Then, when UA gave up on that and motioned the big into the post, Battey didn't allow a deep post position off of motion -- forcing him to set up a couple feet outside the block. Then he stoned the guy twice without fouling, leading to a shot clock violation. Maybe the best individual performance on a defensive possession I have seen all year from a CU player.

Damn, Arizona plays Cal next. I was really hoping that losing streak would keep growing to 8+.

And of course the year that CU doesn't get the bay area schools twice, Cal is laughably bad.

Damn, Arizona plays Cal next. I was really hoping that losing streak would keep growing to 8+.

And of course the year that CU doesn't get the bay area schools twice, Cal is laughably bad.
AZ can complete the circle of suck

Forget Cal. Be nice to see Stanford get knocked back in the standings, though.

Why is Google so stupid? We have a better overall record than USC, we have the same conference record but beat them head to head (so we are ahead) , and C is before U in the alaphabet, but those ****ing dumb **** nerds have USC higher in the PAC12 standings.

Screenshot_20190219-222449.png

Why is Google so stupid? We have a better overall record than USC, we have the same conference record but beat them head to head (so we are ahead) , and C is before U in the alaphabet, but those ****ing dumb **** nerds have USC higher in the PAC12 standings.

View attachment 29037

3 way tie. SC is 2-1 against tied teams (beat Stanford twice), we are 1-1, Stanford is 1-2.

So I rewatched this game on my airplane trip home yesterday (I need to start bringing more than one book) and one thing bothered me. A lot. I loved watching the team get out to the big lead. I loved watching them toy with Arizona. I loved watching one of the better gameplans I've seen in a long time. Kin's 7-0 run by himself was a thing of beauty. I loved hearing the crowd. But I just couldn't get over one thing that was really damn stupid and I can't believe we did it.

You don't wear silver jerseys for sub-.500 teams.

So I rewatched this game on my airplane trip home yesterday (I need to start bringing more than one book) and one thing bothered me. A lot. I loved watching the team get out to the big lead. I loved watching them toy with Arizona. I loved watching one of the better gameplans I've seen in a long time. Kin's 7-0 run by himself was a thing of beauty. I loved hearing the crowd. But I just couldn't get over one thing that was really damn stupid and I can't believe we did it.

You don't wear silver jerseys for sub-.500 teams.

tenor.gif

Back