What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread - Pac-12 Tourney: Buffs vs. the D!*k Chards

Buffs played hard but we just didn't have enough pieces to make a run. More notably we needed Dom, Wes and Tory to step up big time. We were dominated in the paint. Maybe next year Walton can help out by being a shot changer down low. Come on Seniors, suck it up, and bring us home an NIT Title.

Though the Buffs should get into the NIT this year, here's my starting five prediction for next year.

G - Bryce Peters (assuming he gets his life and game under control)
G - Namon Wright (nice scorer who should average 10/5 for us, should be an upgrade from fortune)
SF - D'Shawn Schwartz (big time talent, high IQ)
PF - George King (Fills in at XJ's slot in the starting lineup, mismatch nightmare for opposing big men)
F/C - Tory Miller (Needs a big offseason, we need 12/8 from him next year)

Bench PG - Dom Collier (I love Dom, but he just doesn't have enough play making ability as a starting Pac-12 point guard)
Bench SG - Deleon Brown (I think he gets better and could be our 6th man of the year)
Bench SF - Tyler Bey (Dre reincarnation if we're lucky, have to find a way to get him minutes)
Bench PF - Lucas Siewert (looks like he can get better)
Bench C - Dallas Walton (interested to see how he can change the game down low)

F/C - Tory Miller (Needs a big offseason, we need 12/8 from him next year)

Josh Scott averaged 14 & 8 his junior year. I know Nik disagrees but I really think expectations for Tory are quickly getting out of control.

Josh Scott averaged 14 & 8 his junior year. I know Nik disagrees but I really think expectations for Tory are quickly getting out of control.

I think 12/8 is high. He won't score that much. Will be nights he scores 15 or 16, but also a lot of 4 point games, I think. With that, he'll be pretty efficient with his TS% and very useful to playing winning basketball. His rebounding is what is most important, though, and I believe he'll average 8+.

I think the 8 is possible if he stays out of foul trouble. Agreed on the 14.

Yup, Miller is a role piece asking him to play starters minutes is no bueno.

Gordon had 24.6 minutes this year
King/XJ 27 minutes
White 32

Hard to see Tory with those PT numbers.
Foul trouble a concern.

That was the lowest mpg for Wes since his freshman year, fwiw.

Tad's not afraid to play extended minutes to a core group.

That was the lowest mpg for Wes since his freshman year, fwiw.

Tad's not afraid to play extended minutes to a core group.

Wes was basically sleep walking (or so it seems) through most of the season. Much more productive his So and Jr years for sure. I wonder if it's because he felt some sort of drive ... Push. Pull. Get up a be better ... from Josh Scott.

One of the (4 or 5) reasons the Buffs fell back a few games this season is/was because both Fortune and Gordon suddenly, and at some points shockingly, played as though they were kinda going through the motions.

Noted and I agree, but I said we need, not that he will. Whoever it may be, we need some prowess, some bangers so we don't get demolished down low by bigger teams like Arizona and Utah. If we want Tory to be that starting big that controls the paint, he needs a big off season. But who knows, maybe Walton will be better than expected and can fill that void.

Last edited:
You're awfully persnikitty. Were you around when Tom Apke or Tom Miller or Joe Harrington or Ricardo Patton were coaching? Would you prefer Jeff Bzdelic back?
Why is it that the instant someone criticizes an obvious coaching flaw, we MUST WANT THE OLD COACH BACK?

Can't we maybe, just maybe, be suggesting he could improve his coaching? Or has he reached his absolute ceiling?

Why is it that the instant someone criticizes an obvious coaching flaw, we MUST WANT THE OLD COACH BACK?

Can't we maybe, just maybe, be suggesting he could improve his coaching? Or has he reached his absolute ceiling?
Oh, for sure. I get frustrated with his coaching at times. But your still persnikitty.

Oh, for sure. I get frustrated with his coaching at times. But your still persnikitty.
Fine, I'll take that.

I also hate, HATE that he refuses to go at an opposing player with 4 fouls. It's almost like he tells his players to lay off.

Does that up my persnikitty level too?

Back