What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

I had a bad feeling last night when I read somewhere that MSU was going to make another push at Tucker. I should follow my gut more in life, it seems to be spot on.

Tucker, what a lying sack of dix.

I hope we hire Bienemy. Idk if Chev is ready, but I see CU falling back on that option in this situation.
But, but, but, people kept telling me I was wrong when I shared that Russillo podcast with Feldman from Monday.

giphy.gif

Out buyout of Tucker if we fired him would have been like $8 million. So it doesn't work both ways.
Yeah I missed a word out of my reply indicating the break at year three being relatively painless

These posts aged well and there’s so many more. Some of my all time favorite posters spent so much time telling everyone they we’re idiots. Ha.
I am not sure how you got that out of my post? I just thought the whole thread was funny without people knowing what was going on.

Keep living that fragile life.

Buyout details for Tucker

if he leaves:
In 2019: $4 million
In 2020: $3 million
In 2021: $1.8 million
In 2022: $1 million
In 2023: $1 million

If we fire him:
In 2019: $12 million
In 2020: $10.7 million
In 2021: $8.85 million
In 2022: $6.45 million
In 2023: $3.5 million

This really is poor contract writing

This gets ****ing worse and worse the more it goes on. He lied to the fans, he lied the players and their families. He lied before, during and after all of this. The worst part is he hasn’t even faced his TEAM? Really? You can’t even man up and face your team and tell them you’re a jackass? You don’t even allow the school you swear you’re committed to, to counter offer? What a weasel.

I’m not one to take everyone at their word but holy **** this couldn’t be handled any worse by him. This is up there with some of the coaching stories we’ve seen.

**** you Mel Tucker, I hope you fail so ****ing hard. I’m now suddenly a big Michigan fan.

I am not sure how you got that out of my post? I just thought the whole thread was funny without people knowing what was going on.

Keep living that fragile life.

You got pulled into the “these posts aged well” but that wasn’t directed solely at you or Manhattan. The idiot poster call out was a few other posters.

In retrospect, hiring Mel Tucker is the worst mistake that CU could have made. This will do great harm to CU's football program at a time when we could least afford it. I found out that Mel Tucker is not the man I thought he was, he is not a man of integrity and honor. He did not finish the job he was hired to do.

This is going to hurt the fan base, why should people invest emotionally and financially in the CU program when this crap happens. I am probably a little dramatic at the moment but I think this is a big hit.

I'm way more worried about recruiting than the fan base... The fans have shown that they will show up if you put even a semi-decent product on the field. Hell - the fact that I keep showing up is evidence of that...

But how do we ask top tier players to even consider CO when we can't string together two winning seasons in a row and have a revolving door of coaches?

EB is probably one of the top 3 candidates for the next round of NFL HC hires. EB was also upset about the Embree tenure. No way he's coaching here. So whoever thinks EB would entertain Boulder, please stop.

On the other hand look at the contract with the HUGE buyout for HCMM or the extension for HCDH? How did those work out for us?

Buyouts work both ways, it would have been nice to have a larger one after year one but this contract set us up so that if Tucker was a failure we could move on without much pain after at year 3.
Agree, but not mt's fault. CU needs to find their sweet spot. This is what happens when it's too low.

The more I think about it CU and RG got played by a used car salesman.
He was saying all the right things all the way to the end..
Yeah. I bought in and thought he was the guy. Was pretty convincing in person. But clearly he wasn’t who we thought he was. So in the end (now or eventually) we would have learned that.

Tucker is a piece of ****. Nothing better. I hope he crashes and burns at that piece of **** school in East Lansing. They deserve each other. He is a liar, a phony, and a fraud. Bring in a guy with Colorado ties so that we have less of a chance of being burned by a POS like Tucker. I've never wanted someone to fail so badly as I want him to fail. Good riddance. Talk to Logan or Chiaverini and make something happen. I've lost love for college football today. I love the Buffs but this is just a dirty business and I think it's a shame. No honor, no commitment, and no honesty.

Back