What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

EB is probably one of the top 3 candidates for the next round of NFL HC hires. EB was also upset about the Embree tenure. No way he's coaching here. So whoever thinks EB would entertain Boulder, please stop.
I see that side. However, on the podcast EB seemed like he had come to terms with it and even actually ended up in a better spot. He wants to be a HC. He has interviewed for positions but been turned down.
There is no doubt how the University let Embree and Bienemy go was ugly but...we have a new regime with Rick George. Never say never.

MT is absolutely getting hammered by coaches, former coaches and sports analysts nationally. That great reputation he had - gone!

One thing could make this day better - if the MSU board that is meeting at 3:00pm decides not to allow the hire! Given his resignation at CU, the douche nozzle would be without a job and his reputation permanently stained!

Love hearing those comments. We’ll see if he truly believes this in the next year or two.
Sounds great. Those are the kind of words that can really come back to haunt you if you end up taking a job somewhere else in a year or two. Could come across as very Todd Graham-ish. But if he holds true and builds a legacy here, all the better.
What if he takes a new job in a day or two?

What the actual ****.

So, Mel Tucker pulled the Todd Graham method of leaving, being too much of a chicken**** to meet with the team? That pretty much tells me all I need to know about Mel Tucker.
Is that confirmed. I behind on player tweets.

EB is probably one of the top 3 candidates for the next round of NFL HC hires. EB was also upset about the Embree tenure. No way he's coaching here. So whoever thinks EB would entertain Boulder, please stop.

You still have to make the call. It would be idiotic not to judge interest.

ezgif-3-2f7c23b687e2.gif

Buyout details for Tucker

if he leaves:
In 2019: $4 million
In 2020: $3 million
In 2021: $1.8 million
In 2022: $1 million
In 2023: $1 million

If we fire him:
In 2019: $12 million
In 2020: $10.7 million
In 2021: $8.85 million
In 2022: $6.45 million
In 2023: $3.5 million

This really is poor contract writing
What leverage did RG have?

I was born in the late 90’s so I never experienced a relevant season. I love this program. Bleed black and gold, but it just takes more and more out of me emotionally. It feels like Colorado Football are my drug addicted emotionally unavailable parents who I love unconditionally but always find a way to turn what should be a love into the ultimate hell and sadness. I ****ing hate rooting for this team. It genuinely hurts.
Roll Tad, CU is a goddamn basketball school now.

***All CU 2020 Recruits!!!*** Tucker doesn't represent us as a fan base or Buff Nation, you do. We love you!!! Please come to CU and bring back our winning tradition and make Colorado Mel Tucker's biggest regret. ***Shoulder to Shoulder!!!***

Buyout details for Tucker

if he leaves:
In 2019: $4 million
In 2020: $3 million
In 2021: $1.8 million
In 2022: $1 million
In 2023: $1 million

If we fire him:
In 2019: $12 million
In 2020: $10.7 million
In 2021: $8.85 million
In 2022: $6.45 million
In 2023: $3.5 million

This really is poor contract writing
What leverage did RG have?
I think that is the kind of contract CU has to write in order to attract a top candidate. However, that would have signaled to me (if I were RG), that Tucker wasn't committed to CU long term (more than 2 years) anyways.

Tucker is a piece of ****. Nothing better. I hope he crashes and burns at that piece of **** school in East Lansing. They deserve each other. He is a liar, a phony, and a fraud. Bring in a guy with Colorado ties so that we have less of a chance of being burned by a POS like Tucker. I've never wanted someone to fail so badly as I want him to fail. Good riddance. Talk to Logan or Chiaverini and make something happen. I've lost love for college football today. I love the Buffs but this is just a dirty business and I think it's a shame. No honor, no commitment, and no honesty.
You lost cred at Logan.

Back