What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Tucker has to be the source.

Good.

tenor.gif

Rick George completely danced around the question of whether Tucker was truthful and honest about the process. Translation: Tucker and his reps were working behind CU's back to get this done. @hawg1 can we drop the notion that RG was in the loop the whole time please. Tucker is a snake.
He looked pissed about it to me. At least, he stayed composed. I sure as hell wouldn't have. :D

that's really the worst. **** us over as fans, alright **** you but we get the game. But those kids that were out there running through walls for you and you just ditch them without saying ****? What a *****

Did he ask to address the players?

I'm sorry but what the **** is Will talking about?

Will's gone a bit off the hook. But RG hasn't had a great run with hiring and contracts, so he is not teflon here.

Also, Rick George doesn't exactly walk on water for CU basketball fans like he has for CU football fans. Perceptions of job performance driven by what sport someone cares about more.

fwiw, I think he's a damn good AD who has been extremely good for the competitive foundations of CU athletics. He has made mistakes, but I have a lot of confidence in him.

Rick George completely danced around the question of whether Tucker was truthful and honest about the process. Translation: Tucker and his reps were working behind CU's back to get this done. @hawg1 can we drop the notion that RG was in the loop the whole time please. Tucker is a snake.
Agreed, but it looks like you cannot take the SEC out of SEC Coaches!!! More physical, more brutal backstabbing. Look at all the coaching moves down there.

Maybe Tucker wanted to address the team and Rick George told him to pound sand. Based on RG's comments, I think it's likely that they no longer have a good relationship.
This was the right response from Rick. He’s moving on. Real exec.

Read the replies. He says the agreement between MSU and Tucker was reached before he attended the donor event, but can't remember where he saw it as "it's a blur".
That may be, but Will is implying RG knew about the contract being signed and Tucker being gone before all that. I believe Tucker probably had an agreement in place prior to all of that, but to suggest RG would sit there and let him lie through his teeth.

Back