What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

I am incredibly disappointed like many of you. In seeing the numbers, Coach Tucker got a top 12 salary for himself and a top 6 AC budget. This is another dead canary in the coal mine for the P12. Michigan State has the ability to pay Dantonio a crazy number in retirement and close to $12mm for a new staff.

There’s a serious (and likely insurmountable) resource gap in this sport. Without a sugar daddy/momma and/or a mega rich media deal, no team outside of the inner circle has any chance to hire and retain top coaches.

Wow. Nice raise but not a good look for him. Will most likely be his last HC gig. No pressure.
This is a business. If he kills it at MSU and a plumb SEC job opens you don’t think he would go? With money the B1G and SEC schools are getting even big buyouts aren’t stopping coaches moving.

Broke and alone.
giphy.gif

This was a legitimately chilling thread to read. Except for maybe SC and Oregon this could happen to any team in the conference. Larry Scott has just completely screwed us. By the time this magic PAC 12 Network deal gets done we will be lucky if we don’t have the local newspaper boys coaching our programs. Condolences Buffs but I’m afraid you won’t be the last PAC 12 school to face this.

Oregon? The same Oregon that lost Taggart after a year?

This is a business. If he kills it at MSU and a plumb SEC job opens you don’t think he would go? With money the B1G and SEC schools are getting even big buyouts aren’t stopping coaches moving.
that's the problem: it's business, not sports: contracts, one's word and honor no longer exist. paying players will aggravate this. how can anyone respect tucker as a man? 3 times Tuesday he was on Denver radio saying wasn't leaving. F' tucker in the arse. Roll Tad! Does this mean signed recruits can decommit? how many kids did mel lie to?

This thread is astounding. I can’t imagine what y’all will do when we have a winning season and other schools talk to Coach Tucker and his agent.
Just so I’m clear: I think those upset about a reported interview were overreacting.
RG and MT handled it like big time football pros. It looks like it will take some time for a few of the fans to catch up.
Fair enough. It was the new 73 posters that added so much value.
Dumbest thread in Allbuffs history

These posts aged well and there’s so many more. Some of my all time favorite posters spent so much time telling everyone they we’re idiots. Ha.

Last edited:
Tucker handled this as poorly as he possibly could have. What's worse is that the scrutiny he will face will pass more quickly than the tarnishing of CU's image nationally. RG needs to get a good to great replacement in here stat to limit the damage. If we remain without a HC for too long this could get really ugly for the Buffs.

So, suck a dick MT, but with with that said, who is out there that we can get in here to keep momentum moving forward?

Tucker handled this as poorly as he possibly could have. What's worse is that the scrutiny he will face will pass more quickly than the tarnishing of CU's image nationally. RG needs to get a good to great replacement in here stat to limit the damage. If we remain without a HC for too long this could get really ugly for the Buffs.

So, suck a dick MT, but with with that said, who is out there that we can get in here to keep momentum moving forward?

Side note to your comment. What will the BOR do now after this debacle when we offer up another football contract?

Back