What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Regrading the "double your salary" concept--CU, I assume, could not match but.sounds like they were prepared to at least increase but were not given that opportunity.

I don’t know if the kids knew yesterday at 7PM. But this post is either hilarious or hilariously ironic. He says he’s committed to CU btw so that’s good, he’s a good kid.
39C3E8D8-CC88-4985-8732-CEEE530EB358.jpeg

I'm reading too much into this, but he doesn't seem at all comfortable up there. He looks really nervous and I wonder if he isn't surprised by the backlash
Totally agree. After processing this for a day, I think what bothered me the most about hearing ****er was leaving this morning was this gut feeling that he was making a big mistake for the sake of money. I was just flat out disappointed in him. I think he knew he had a great thing going here (support from all angles), and the money would take care of itself eventually. At some point, the money from MSU got to the point that he felt like he had to take it. Fair.....but watching his intro presser at MSU, I couldn’t help but notice this look of fear on his face and demeanor. I think he is concerned that he made decision that will help his bank account long term, but that’s about it. We’ll see if he’s happy there.

Totally agree. After processing this for a day, I think what bothered me the most about hearing ****er was leaving this morning was this gut feeling that he was making a big mistake for the sake of money. I was just flat out disappointed in him. I think he knew he had a great thing going here (support from all angles), and the money would take care of itself eventually. At some point, the money from MSU got to the point that he felt like he had to take it. Fair.....but watching his intro presser at MSU, I couldn’t help but notice this look of fear on his face and demeanor. I think he is concerned that he made decision that will help his bank account long term, but that’s about it. We’ll see if he’s happy there.

I hope not. **** him.

It’s still up in the air as to whether this is good for his bank account, long term. Failing at a “higher tier” program is usually career (and bank account) suicide.

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken here, but evidently MSU was given several opportunities to do whatever it took to get CFMT, but CU was given no opportunities to counter. So that is what made it difficult to leave CU?

Look he lied, he is getting excoriated publicly and one would assume privately for it, and his relentless schtick is not working. So very very sad for him.......

Wow. I just watched the entire press conference. He is broken. I am sure he will bounce back. Bu damn. That was terrible. He was a mess

For those of you who insist everyone would take the money were they in Tucker’s position, you’re simply wrong. Thing is, most of those people wouldn’t be in his spot, because, to them, beyond a certain point money and prestige aren’t worth what it costs family and self. It’s your business if you would, but don’t make the mistake of thinking your values are universal.

giphy.gif
and Nik has the audacity to publicly revile puns. Hypocrite I say!

For those of you who insist everyone would take the money were they in Tucker’s position, you’re simply wrong. Thing is, most of those people wouldn’t be in his spot, because, to them, beyond a certain point money and prestige aren’t worth what it costs family and self. It’s your business if you would, but don’t make the mistake of thinking your values are universal.
This is actually scientifically proven.

Yeah there are plenty of coaches that take less than their market value, two on staff actually with chev and kap. I think the part that pisses fans off is that this opportunity would have came for him at some point, he is a hell of a recruiter and I think we all were optimistic about where he was taking the program. He left recruits and coaches/staff hanging with his timing and really but the program that gave him his first opportunity and completely embraced him in a really tough spot. Big 10 and sec programs are always going to Be throwing money around so not burning a bridge in the process probably should have been more important.

Sorry if already posted as I haven't had the time to read all 45 pages of this thread and counting, but look at it this way...CU paid MT $2.6 million. MSU has to pay CU $3 million. In essence CU got a year out of MT for free.

Yes, this is really part of Rick George’s statement that the program is better off than 14 months ago. In many ways it is. The buyouts are off the books for MacIntyre, we have $3 million in buyout money from MSU for the next coach, and we just landed a good recruiting class.

Hire a good coach, hold the team and recruits together, and this is just a bump in the road. Lot of ifs there, but a quick recovery is possible.

Back