What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre: Does He Make It Through 2016?

How long will Mike MacIntyre last?

• 1 game: Loss to CSU and Rick George says **** it, time to make a statement!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 2- games: Buffs lose to CSU and a D-IAA program? Gone

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 3-4 games: Michigan and Oregon are certain losses, but if they get embarrassed?!

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • 5-6 games: Buffs sitting at 2-3 or 2-4 may spark this.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 7-8 games: I have Buffs at 3-5 after 8. Does needing to go 3-1 in last 4 make George.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 9-10 games: Buffs are not bowl eligible in this timeframe and makes it easy

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • 11-12 games: Two winnable home games and if Buffs are 4-6 going into them, he HAS to win both.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • 2017 Extension: Buffs make a bowl and continue to show improvement.

Votes: 86 48.9%

• Total voters
Were they recruited by MMac?
Do you think that should matter? These guys were all starters or on the field often. They didn't dislike HCMM because of playtime. It was his coaching, his decisions or lack of them. He was described as artificial and cold.

I supported him retaining his job for this season. If he doesn't get us to a bowl game in 2016, I'll support any decision RG decides to make (because I do believe that RG is the guy at AD who can get CU back to challenging for conference titles and NCAA playoffs).

The interesting situation here is that I think the guy to get us to the next level is on this staff.
It's either MM and he is retained. Or it's JMFL.

Do you think that should matter? These guys were all starters or on the field often. They didn't dislike HCMM because of playtime. It was his coaching, his decisions or lack of them. He was described as artificial and cold.
Understand I was agreeing with you.

The interesting situation here is that I think the guy to get us to the next level is on this staff.
It's either MM and he is retained. Or it's JMFL.

If the defense plays great but the team doesn't win this year, I think that could very well be the path taken. Tumpkin would likely get promoted to DC and we'd hire a LB Coach, keeping most things together for continuity in the rebuild.

But let's just win and make this thread moot.

If the defense plays great but the team doesn't win this year, I think that could very well be the path taken. Tumpkin would likely get promoted to DC and we'd hire a LB Coach, keeping most things together for continuity in the rebuild.

But let's just win and make this thread moot.

That's why I'm not worried about this coaching situation. Either we win and MM is retained, or we continue to suck and MM is gone and JL takes over, hopefully keeping Chev on staff. We're in a good spot.

If we make a coaching change could we at least go through a legitimate process of finding a new coach instead of just handing it to someone. I will totally puke if they just give it to someone on the staff.

If we make a coaching change could we at least go through a legitimate process of finding a new coach instead of just handing it to someone. I will totally puke if they just give it to someone on the staff.
I think RG would do it right. I would think he'd have a plan in place before pulling the plug on Mac, if it gets to that. I think a quick selection would be important for recruiting so he'd have to have at least a short list at the time he pulled the plug.

I am sure a guy who can raise money for a $180+ million facilities can come up with a decent package.

This is why I'm pretty damn calm about the HC situation. I trust RG. Whatever he decides, I'll believe it was a smart decision made for the right reasons and be supportive. If I didn't have so much trust in RG (and Lance Carl), I'm sure I'd have much stronger opinions.

Interesting write up by Stuart.

http://www.cuatthegame.com/2016/experience-counts-doesnt-it/

Did Embo really leave the program burned to the ground? Mac 2 said so sometime after his first year.

Mac2 is great at playing the "Dancing with the press game"

The addage of execs that just took over from somebody:
If something works out bad, or fails blame it on the old management team
If something works out good, or succeeds take the credit.

Ya know, I want the team to get a bowl game this year. I am hoping the coaches can guide them to it. Hoping I say.

It ain't always about the jimmies and the joes.

Well mighty,so you are saying Embo's team is better than this current team. Are you even partially serious? Do you remember the team that was worse than a lot of high school teams--- my god that is a rediculous post!

The issue with embo is he left a bad and inexperienced team behind. There was no leadership and what little talent he did leave transferred out. It why people were worried about giving mac a fourth year since it is such a big recruiting class, luckily there is also a big junior class.

Well mighty,so you are saying Embo's team is better than this current team. Are you even partially serious? Do you remember the team that was worse than a lot of high school teams--- my god that is a rediculous post!

You mean ridiculous? You need to read the write up. But whatever you do, don't count the win/loss records.

Better than this current team? You said it not me. I was just pointing out some stuff. You can do what you like. No matter to me. But we will see how their records compare now won't we.

Hoping for a bowl game. Hoping

The issue with embo is he left a bad and inexperienced team behind. There was no leadership and what little talent he did leave transferred out. It why people were worried about giving mac a fourth year since it is such a big recruiting class, luckily there is also a big junior class.

Not saying embo was the best. Or the worst. But after two years he also realized like Mac2 did after year 2 that his staff was weak. Especially at the DC and OC positions and he was making changes.

Embo is a bit like Mac don't ya think.

Not saying embo was the best. Or the worst. But after two years he also realized like Mac2 did after year 2 that his staff was weak. Especially at the DC and OC positions and he was making changes.

Embo is a bit like Mac don't ya think.
I think there is quite a difference between the 2014 and 2012 squad actually, especially when considering the talent inherited. Either way I don't really think it needs to be rehashed, we are where we are and it's not going to change.

I think there is quite a difference between the 2014 and 2012 squad actually, especially when considering the talent inherited. Either way I don't really think it needs to be rehashed, we are where we are and it's not going to change.

Good point.

I get tired of the "lets blame Embree" excuse. Embree has the job 22 months and had one full recruiting class. MacIntyre has had 3 full recruiting classes and has had twice as long as Embree on the job. I think guys like Spruce displayed plenty of leadership.

MacIntyre has failed to recruit over many of Embree's recruits - Liufau, Linsay, Ross, J. Irwin, Kough, Kelley, Kronshage, S. Irwin, Tupou, Gilbert, and Derrick McCartney are all projected to be starters and were recruited to the program by Embree. So half of the starters and several contributors are from the old regime going into year 4 of the new regime. The burned down argument was used by Dan Hawkins also.

The burned down argument was used by Dan Hawkins also.

I've not seen similarities in the soundbites from Hawkins and MacIntyre until this summer. It seems that the pressure of results has had a somewhat similar effect on these two. Probably the same at other schools in similar situations too.

I get tired of the "lets blame Embree" excuse. Embree has the job 22 months and had one full recruiting class. MacIntyre has had 3 full recruiting classes and has had twice as long as Embree on the job. I think guys like Spruce displayed plenty of leadership.

MacIntyre has failed to recruit over many of Embree's recruits - Liufau, Linsay, Ross, J. Irwin, Kough, Kelley, Kronshage, S. Irwin, Tupou, Gilbert, and Derrick McCartney are all projected to be starters and were recruited to the program by Embree. So half of the starters and several contributors are from the old regime going into year 4 of the new regime. The burned down argument was used by Dan Hawkins also.
Hahaha your bias in this situation becomes more apparent every time you post. You constantly distort facts to fit your opinion of Mac. We get it, you don't think he is a good coach and obviously as a person and I have seen you post valid reasons before but now it is just over the top. In your first sentence, you even say Embree had one full recruiting class but Mac has had three despite one of his classes not suiting up a game for the Buffs yet and a transition class which was technically Embree's.

To compare the situations that Hawkins took over and Mac took over is laughable and not debatable no matter how you want to spin it. A team that won the big-12 north, despite it being a weak division, to a team that lost to a 4 win CSU team that finished tied for 6th in a 10-team non power five conference, and a 6-win FCS team that finished in a 3 way tie with UNC for 5th in conference. Combine this with a ****ty reputation as an athletic department (especially athletic director) and the worst facilities in a power five conference and you have a situation that rivaled Kansas after Weiss left.

So in his fourth year on the job he has recruited players such as Shay Fields, Tim Lynott, Chido, Tedric Thompson, Isiah Oliver, Witherspoon, Afo, Gillam, Lee, Carrell, Leo Jackson, Kabion Ento, Shane Callahan, Juwan Winfree, Franke and Falo that are all supposed to be significant contributors as non freshman (which there are a couple that will contribute out of a 16 player class) and you want to say he hasn't brought in any players other than those that Embree brought in. Guys like Irwin, Kelley and Kronsage are all upper clansmen that should be on top of the depth chart to begin with.

There are very valid arguments as to why Mac should not be the coach this year or especially after this year but consistently claiming he over exaggerates the situation he inherited is not one of them. Bringing the wrong coaches and not moving on from coaches soon enough is where the discussion should begin.

Back