What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

With Roper as interim we might have a chance to 6. Hard to believe that a coach hired less than a year ago has left such an impression on all the players that they asked RG to make this decision.

Pretty cool post. I feel bad now for Mike, I imagine this is a really difficult situation. He’s a good man, he did give it his all here and transformed us from some insanely bad team play. Hopefully our future is bright and he can continue to be successful in his future.
I really don’t hold anything of the past day/ press conferences against Mike. Sure he could have handled it better. So what; none of us are perfect, and he’s dealing with not only losing a job I fully believe he poured his heart into, but he’s also losing the chance to coach his son. His world’s been flipped upside down and damnit if I wouldn’t be a bit out of sorts too.

I totally agree he should play, it is just an emotional moment for him, and I would imagine he will handle it and play his heart out. Nobody on here would say he should definitely not play, he has earned everything, despite some potential friction with some players.
Everyone I know loves the kid and noone questions his heart or commitment to the team. “Bitches” don’t lay themselves out in the middle and suffer multiple concussions but still keep going.

Holgerson seems a little unstable....and coming here seems a little far fetched... but he would be a great get imo. losing to OSU in Stillwater is not a huge deal. like others said.....OSU has W's over 3 ranked teams at home this year.
Plus he wears a visor. I don’t want a guy who wears a visor.

Search firm and search committee are two different things. You need the former and not the latter. Bohn liked search committees ( donors, faculty, students, etc.) I think they are stupid. Search firms can establish mutual interest and save everyone wasted time. They also can insulate you from tampering charges. Agents for a lot of coaches will be contacting CU but a lot of that can be just agent BS to leverage their client a pay raise. Search firms that are good can iron some of that out.

It was a faculty committee that outed McElwain as an unacceptable hire. When asked about academics he allegedly said he’d implement what they had in the sec holding classes in the AD building with AD professors. You could hear a pin drop.

The last thing you or RG wants is the faculty to turn against him.

Not making excuses for MM because there are very few, 3 dropped passes in 17 from going bowling comes to mind. MM now is known in CFB as being the great "fixer" and nothing more, there's schools that will be interested in hiring him to turn their FB program around. CU will be the hi lite of his resume, couple that with the coach of the year awards he'll get another job.

The coaches on this staff whose groups have underachieved are Chev and Adams. Both of their failures were instrumental in MM getting fired. Having said that, it is the right move to let him go. If those guys are still around I’m gonna have serious questions

Back