What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

In that range, yes. Same as every other stadium

Oregon was barely able to get any sate funding to build Autzen and from what people are hearing the University would never get help with an Autzen expansion. You would be surprised how hard it is to get the state to agree to helping pay for any part of a stadium even with a winning team.

(I realize with Phil Knight that state funds are not needed for anything)

Oregon was barely able to get any sate funding to build Autzen and from what people are hearing the University would never get help with an Autzen expansion. You would be surprised how hard it is to get the state to agree to helping pay for any part of a stadium even with a winning team.

He claims that no state funds will be used for the stadium. Which is true - until the revenue streams don't meet expectations and the AD has to borrow money from the school to payoff the loans.

He claims that no state funds will be used for the stadium. Which is true - until the revenue streams don't meet expectations and the AD has to borrow money from the school to payoff the loans.

Woops misunderstood that.... Guess I am just a regular dumbass Duck fan.

Coloradan's are very sensitive to using any money to support college athletics - or colleges in general for that matter

This is actually genius. Claim that the stadium will be paid for by private donors. Borrow huge amounts of money against those (future donations) and (private commitments.) Build the stadium as quickly as you can knowing that the donations aren't coming and the school is on the hook for the loans. Now despite how bad you suck or how many empty seats you have as you are left out of the major conferences and their media money you can argue that the school has to keep supporting you so you can have revenue coming in to "pay off" the loans despite the fact that you are actually losing money playing football. The school goes along with it because they don't want to have to explain why they have a $200 million white elephant sitting in the middle of campus.

This is actually genius. Claim that the stadium will be paid for by private donors. Borrow huge amounts of money against those (future donations) and (private commitments.) Build the stadium as quickly as you can knowing that the donations aren't coming and the school is on the hook for the loans. Now despite how bad you suck or how many empty seats you have as you are left out of the major conferences and their media money you can argue that the school has to keep supporting you so you can have revenue coming in to "pay off" the loans despite the fact that you are actually losing money playing football. The school goes along with it because they don't want to have to explain why they have a $200 million white elephant sitting in the middle of campus.
Welp, good thing we have Jack Graham and Marc Driscoll on our side. Those two could pay for the entire thing themselves. Jack Graham will pay for it himself if he has to

Goody-Freaking-Gumballs...I'm sure that's exactly how he made all those riches...sound investments, 22% at a time. If he can foot the bill then why is he bothering those 15 other lammie Go-zillionares for their spare change?

To steal Flukes' nomenclature...Canard'd!

Woops misunderstood that.... Guess I am just a regular dumbass Duck fan.

Get back in the blind.

Welp, good thing we have Jack Graham and Marc Driscoll on our side. Those two could pay for the entire thing themselves. Jack Graham will pay for it himself if he has to

Serious question: What is Jack Graham's net worth? I couldn't find anything on the google-lator.

Serious question: What is Jack Graham's net worth? I couldn't find anything on the google-lator.

it is definitely not over a billion or he would be on the Forbes list. I tried to find this out last night. Stryker is worth over a billion!!!

wow I just found out he may have killed 44 people.

John "Jack" Gilbert Graham ..... was a mass murderer who killed 44 people by planting a dynamite bomb in his mother's suitcase that was subsequently loaded aboard United Airlines Flight 629

Fantastic. Your AD is run by boosters. Check your history on how that has turned out historically for other programs.

346716-long_pointy_hat_beard_looks_merlin_me.jpg

How dare you question the net worth of Jack Graham?

Jack Graham is the magician of Ft. Collins.
Whatever Jack Graham touches turns to gold.
By the time Jack Graham is done CSU will be deciding if the Big XII is good enough for them, not vice versa.
By the time Jack Graham is done CSU will be holding SuperBowls in Jack Graham Stadium
Jack Graham can turn bushes into full sized trees just with a fart
Jack Graham makes Chuck Norris cower in fear.
In the presence of Jack Graham the Dos Equis guy gives up and goes home.
The real reason Kim Kardashian dropped Chris Humphreys was her secret love for Jack Graham.
By the time Jack Graham is done CU will be begging Jack Graham for games in Ft. Collins.
Jack Graham can cure cancer in horses, and sheep.
Jack Graham makes OMFGasm blush just by breathing in the same county.

How dare you question the power of Jack Graham. CSU hired him, the sheep fans adore him, he will be . . . . . well, he will be Jack Graham. What more can be said about him.

Fantastic. Your AD is run by boosters. Check your history on how that has turned out historically for other programs.
Good thing this time it's actually working out.

See stadium. See record Ram Club donations. See first time CSU football in the news in years. See recruits actually caring about CSU now.

Derp

I don't see that his home in Boulder has been sold or is even on the market. So my guess is the Boulder home is his domicile.
It's not unreasonable for a multi-millionaire to have multiple homes right?

He lives in the lofts in Old Town.

See stadium. See record Ram Club donations. See first time CSU football in the news in years. See recruits actually caring about CSU now.

Derp
Doesn't understand anything more than the present. Doesn't understand that his use of derp is at the same time: sophomoric, idiotic, and ironic.

Derp

I have seen your stadium, it is out in the middle of nowhere. It does have nice shrubs though. And I wouldn't brag about CSU being in the news, since the biggest story to come of late is 3 of your best players getting kicked of the team.

How much money does he have?
From what I understand, $200million.

@Darth-It has been understood from the beginning that Graham wouldn't be here forever. He was hired to get the stadium built and create excitement for football. Well it's worked.

Thats why we just hired (and stole) the Senior Associate AD from Washington. AD of the future (who also raised $250million for their stadium renovation). I wouldn't doubt or be mad if JG was only at CSU for 2-3 more years

Back