What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament General Thread

Oh my brother didn't like that UNI shot, he came up yesterday. He's a big Texas fan. He doesn't like some of the department heads though. Good old boy network is how he puts it.

Poeltl vs Sabonis should be pretty interesting in the UT/Gonz game tonight. Both are possible lottery picks. I'm also a big Wiltjer fan, but at times he goes to the basket with too much finesse and not enough power. Can get hot from outside, though.

Miami is destroying Wichita State. ACC looks good

Kid who hit the winning shot for UNI yesterday was a UVA transfer, Paul Jespersen
Seems common for underdogs to catch one team by surprise, but not two. Suggesting the 'surprise' may be more significant than the talent. Also may be something of a letdown after a big emotional upset win. I know very little about the lower seed teams so not disparaging their talent, just an observation. I'll be surprised if UALR hangs with ISU today. Fortunately my son got tix so I'll be there to find out in person. Really looking forward to the Utah-Gonzaga game though.

Seems common for underdogs to catch one team by surprise, but not two. Suggesting the 'surprise' may be more significant than the talent. Also may be something of a letdown after a big emotional upset win. I know very little about the lower seed teams so not disparaging their talent, just an observation. I'll be surprised if UALR hangs with ISU today. Fortunately my son got tix so I'll be there to find out in person. Really looking forward to the Utah-Gonzaga game though.

I agree with your overall statement, but I don't think Wichita State has much of an underdog mentality these days. Miami is certainly the favorite, but Wichita has every expectation that they can hang with anybody. They may just be tired from their third game in 5 days

Basically, toss the seeds out in this game. In reality, it's a game between a Miami squad that's ~10th in the nation and a Wichita side that's ~22 (low 20s). Wichita is far, far better than what an 11 seed implies (40-44). I don't disagree too much with where they're seeded because a resume is a resume, but it is misleading

I agree with your overall statement, but I don't think Wichita State has much of an underdog mentality these days. Miami is certainly the favorite, but Wichita has every expectation that they can hang with anybody. They may just be tired from their third game in 5 days

Think you are right. Hard to play that frequently when every game is win or go home.

For a lot of the underdogs getting that tourney win was the target. They aren't looking at sweet 16 or final 4 they just wanted to prove that they belonged, the upset does that. At the same time the team that got upset expected to win, they were looking ahead. Second round and you start taking everybody seriously.

Wichita is a 2 point favorite in this game which pretty much tells you what Vegas thinks about the committee this year.

Basically, toss the seeds out in this game. In reality, it's a game between a Miami squad that's ~10th in the nation and a Wichita side that's ~22 (low 20s). Wichita is far, far better than what an 11 seed implies (40-44). I don't disagree too much with where they're seeded because a resume is a resume, but it is misleading

Miami is a more talented team but it's hard to discount a team that has had success and a coach who has proven he can win.

By the way, I don't understand - how does Wichita get an 11-seed with a playin game? Why aren't playins all 16 seeds?

Poeltl vs Sabonis should be pretty interesting in the UT/Gonz game tonight. Both are possible lottery picks. I'm also a big Wiltjer fan, but at times he goes to the basket with too much finesse and not enough power. Can get hot from outside, though.

I fully admit to being biased bc I thought his dad was an all-time great, which we unfortunately didn't get to see at the height of his powers. Still, I think Sabonis is a great player. I understand why mocks have Poetl higher, but I think Sabonis is so skilled that he'll do better in the league than Jakob. The two "upsets" I had were Providence over UNC and Zags over Utah.

Yale needs to speed it up on offense. Duke D folds like s cheap tent if you don't give them time to settle in

ACC! ACC!

Not in this case! **** the ACC when Duke or Carolina are involved! But in all seriousness, ACC goes to 8-1 assuming Duke holds on. Almost too good. Do UNC or UVA lose tonight? Each faces a dangerous opponent. Providence is inconsistent but can hang with anyone when they show up, and Butler's knack for March is almost unrivaled

Not in this case! **** the ACC when Duke or Carolina are involved! But in all seriousness, ACC goes to 8-1 assuming Duke holds on. Almost too good. Do UNC or UVA lose tonight? Each faces a dangerous opponent
I haven't looked at the Vegas lines, but if all ACC teams were picked to advance to the 16 I wouldn't be surprised. I would be surprised if all 6 do, but I think chances are great for at least 4.

And I'll be rooting like hell for your boys. My bracket has them in the Final 4 (I got Carolina winning that next game -- don't think you can hold that against me).

Back