What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament General Thread

Virginia fans warming up to sing Auld Lang. Syne. Another ACC team in the 16.

It'd be great if loss #2 comes later tonight but UNC is obviously a big favorite in that game. And tomorrow ND and Syracuse go up against a 14 and 15 seed, respectively.

Would love if "good" Providence showed up tonight. Jekyll and Hyde team. Providence faced UNC in the tournament two years ago. Josh Fortune did his disappearing act

The story of the NCAA B-Ball in the West is not a good one this year.

At this point, the entire left half of the country is represented by:
1 Oregon
3 Utah
11 Gonzaga
13 Hawaii

No teams invited or remaining from California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas, Nebraska, or Alaska.

Utah in trouble right now. Hawaii will have all they can handle vs 5 Maryland.

The networks can't be happy with the lack of inventory out west before the S16. Yuck.

Blowout city. Can't say I mind Utah getting flattened, but this is an embarrassment for the Pac. The conference will drop to 2-6. Starting to look like the league was grossly overrated. Win yourself a few key early OOC games and your RPI is set...

Remember when the 10th place Pac team beat Gonzaga? Yeah, things are weird like that. Really hard to judge conferences by the (1 and done) tournament, even though lots do it. That being said, the ACC has really impressed so far this weekend.

The story of the NCAA B-Ball in the West is not a good one this year.

At this point, the entire left half of the country is represented by:
1 Oregon
3 Utah
11 Gonzaga
13 Hawaii

No teams invited or remaining from California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas, Nebraska, or Alaska.

Utah in trouble right now. Hawaii will have all they can handle vs 5 Maryland.

The networks can't be happy with the lack of inventory out west before the S16. Yuck.
Kansas, Oklahoma? They're right below Nebraska...but if you consider MST and PST zones it's pretty barren.

Remember when the 10th place Pac team beat Gonzaga? Yeah, things are weird like that. Really hard to judge conferences by the (1 and done) tournament, even though lots do it. That being said, the ACC has really impressed so far this weekend.
W/L in head-to-head competition is the best tool that we have. Anything can happen in an individual game, and I agree at that some of the seeds and matchups were real headscratchers that didn't always favor our conference. Having said that, our record in the tournament is a trend that I think can fairly be considered statistically significant.

I view it as as good of a time as any. We judge on games in November (that's how the Pac ended up with 7 teams). Seems neutral courts in March would be the best time. Of course nothing is perfect, though

Major fan exit at Pepsi Center 6:51, Utah down 25. Gonzaga fan support at least double that of Utah, or maybe it just seems like it since Utes have had little to cheer.

W/L in head-to-head competition is the best tool that we have. Anything can happen in an individual game, and I agree at that some of the seeds and matchups were real headscratchers that didn't always favor our conference. Having said that, our record in the tournament is a trend that I think can fairly be considered statistically significant.

I don't disagree with most of what you say here. The trend is admittedly concerning and discouraging, but less than ten games is definitely not statistically significant.

Blowout city. Can't say I mind Utah getting flattened, but this is an embarrassment for the Pac. The conference will drop to 2-6. Starting to look like the league was grossly overrated. Win yourself a few key early OOC games and your RPI is set...

As bad as the P12 is doing, at least it's not the MWC.

Not in a "one and done" situation, that's just silly. Zags shoot what, 68% from the floor tonight? Think they'll do that next game?
Think Mid Tenn. State beats MSU ever again? Or Yale over ****Baylor? Is mediocrely talented KU 24 better than UCONN the 1st half every night?

Not in a "one and done" situation, that's just silly. Zags shoot what, 68% from the floor tonight? Think they'll do that next game?
Think Mid Tenn. State beats MSU ever again? Or Yale over ****Baylor? Is mediocrely talented KU 24 better than UCONN the 1st half every night?
What standard do you recommend? Why is our conference on the wrong side of so many of these? I'm not talking about one game.

What exactly do some of you expect? 7 game series consisting of hundreds, if not thousands of games? The Pac12 has been abysmal. The NCAA Tournament is the best gauge we have. You can find a flaw in anything, but at the end of the day the Pac12 appears to have been a bit overinflated due to a few nice early OOC wins

Back