What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament Round of 64 -- Official Day One Thread

I'm losing a final four team

I'm losing a final four team in one ESPN bracket ... and a national champ in another. :cry:

Oh well ... I guess that's what I get for buying into the whole MWC superiority thingy. :huh:

But ... as one who grew up watching Ivy League basketball (Princeton) ... FEAR THE IVY!!!

But ... why did it have to be ****ing HAHVAHD?

This is at least as big as Princeton beating defending champ UCLA in the first round in 1996 ... and 16 seeded Princeton almost beating 1 seeded G'town in 1989 (and who would have beaten them but for a phantom foul call in the last few seconds).

My day in review:
Things Confirmed: A10 is good. Pac12 is underrated. SEC Stinks. WCC stinks, Gonzaga will probably get bounced earlier than their seeding implies.
Things we probably learned: MWC is overrated. Rams looked good, but they beat a team from the crappy SEC.
Thing I think, but can't really confirm: The middle of the Big East is overrated. Doesn't mean Louisville isn't legit. Syracuse will have a much more interesting matchup against Cal then silly Montana. Marquette deserved to lose.

All the Mountain Worst fans running their mouths about how great a BB conference it is. They Lost UNLV (#5 seed) and UNM (#3 seed) today. CSU advanced but gets to play Louiseville in Lexington next, count them gone. This leaves SDSU facing an Oklahoma team that they could beat but then get Georgetown.

This "great" BB conference will have zero teams in the sweet 16. Meanwhile 3 PAC teams advanced with another still to play.

All the Mountain Worst fans running their mouths about how great a BB conference it is. They Lost UNLV (#5 seed) and UNM (#3 seed) today. CSU advanced but gets to play Louiseville in Lexington next, count them gone. This leaves SDSU facing an Oklahoma team that they could beat but then get Georgetown.

This "great" BB conference will have zero teams in the sweet 16. Meanwhile 3 PAC teams advanced with another [2] still to play.

fify (UCLA)

This "great" BB conference will have zero teams in the sweet 16. Meanwhile 3 PAC teams advanced with another still to play.

There's no underestimating how full of **** they are. This past week, I've encountered multiple MWC trolls on an ACC team board. I mean, come on...

There's no underestimating how full of **** they are. This past week, I've encountered multiple MWC trolls on an ACC team board. I mean, come on...

It's amazing to look at the seeding they got then look at an Oregon at #12 and Cal at #12 who both beat #5s.

No offense but with the Mountain West's tournament history, anyone that picked New Mexico going to the Final Four deserves to have their bracket ****ed up.

This is going to be a fun tourney to watch. Other than Louisville, all other Regions are wide open.

I was looking at the AB brackets. I can't believe you're the only person who picked Florida to win it all. Makes me wish I'd gone with them. If they win, you pretty much win no matter what other boneheaded picks you may have made. :lol:

I was looking at the AB brackets. I can't believe you're the only person who picked Florida to win it all. Makes me wish I'd gone with them. If they win, you pretty much win no matter what other boneheaded picks you may have made. :lol:

I got caught up in the "Florida is 0-6 in close games" stuff or whatever that was I read.

I just noticed that as well. Pretty funny and they more than likely will lose and I will be furked. I lost 2 sweet 16 in my 4 loses today but still have 184 pts possible. That will continue to drop and it will be fun to watch. I am not able to watch the games live this week as I am in San Fran working and even had to try and record the CU game tomorrow while I am flying home. Go Buffs!

Perusing the CSU boards, and I noticed someone asked if the fans would complain about the seeding next year if they got an 8? Do CSU fans really think they have a snowball's chance in hell of being good next year?

Perusing the CSU boards, and I noticed someone asked if the fans would complain about the seeding next year if they got an 8? Do CSU fans really think they have a snowball's chance in hell of being good next year?

Delusional CSU fans are always delusional.

You never know what can happen. We didn't think we would be in the tourney the past two years. They can always grow up and make a nice run in the MWC tourney.

No offense but with the Mountain West's tournament history, anyone that picked New Mexico going to the Final Four deserves to have their bracket ****ed up.

Damnit New Mexico! I had you in my Final Four!

:lol:

Serves me right. Just another reason to hate on the little brother conference of the West. That and enjoy the fact that they legitimize their status as second tier.

At least the lammies didn't let me down in the bracket. But they are now the sacrificial lambs being led to the slaughter in the next game.

Syracuse's 47-point win is largest ever by 3-seed or lower in NCAA Tournament since seeding began. Ironically they broke VCU's record from earlier last night.

Back