What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tourney Selection Show - Sunday @ 4pm on CBS

I was prepared to be disappointed and I got the arguements for teams like VT, St. Mary's, and other that got left out or made it in (Penn St, Mich, etc) but then VCU and UAB getting in just was unconscionable.

I was really believing that Alec Burks talent and wanting to showcase a guy that that might help push us in.

Furk me.

here is how you win the ncaa
football -schedule cupcakes in non conference and go to bowl
basketball - play top teams on the road and lose then win your weak conference and go to dance

ESPN is literally talking about Colorado and not much else

That's something positive, at least. Potential recruits, families, hs/aau coaches are all hearing the espn analysts talk about the quality of our team, our coaches, and the fact that we should be in the dance.

Doesn't relieve my numbness, tho.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaack. I'm so pissed right now. I'm not even excited for my Spring Break trip anymore

I think I'm more shocked than pissed right now. Glad to see ESPN ripping the committee to shreds. It's all political, it has to be.

Un
****ing
believable

I think I'm more shocked than pissed right now. Glad to see ESPN ripping the committee to shreds. It's all political, it has to be.

Un
****ing
believable

The more I think about it, the more I think Beebe and the Mack 10 are behind it. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

tad sounded like he just got hit by a truck
****in unreal. Was at buffalo wild wings with bout 40 members of the band. None of us could believe that this happened. Band director said the only way it makes any sense is if the committee didn't consider the tournament. The camera shot of the party at Tad's house was heartbreak. rhelphorde, cory, and levi looked like they had just been runover by a train...

ODU was '06 I think. '04 was... Oregon? Same embarrassing result at home. I hope Spring Break plans don't empty the arena for us. Need that home court advantage and to make a statement that this team has the support to succeed.

The Oregon game was in Eugene. Luke Jackson went off and we blew a big halftime lead.

Tough break. Weak OOC and soft losses to SF, Okla, and ISU sunk us.

Committee clearly didn't respect the Big12 this season.

Tough break. Weak OOC and soft losses to SF, Okla, and ISU sunk us.

Committee clearly didn't respect the Big12 this season.

Bullsh*t. Look at some of the other teams that got in and tell me that they had a better season than we had. Yes, we lost a few games we should have won, but so did 3/4 of the teams in the tournament. That clearly was not the deciding factor. There is something more behind this. Something evil. It smells like texas.

ESPiN has an article up on the top 5 tourney snubs. We are, naturally, #1....

Colorado Buffaloes (20-13, 8-8 Big 12; RPI: 66; SOS: 70)

What the committee would say: "Colorado's nonconference schedule ranked No. 331 in the nation. Without the 10 wins Colorado got against sub-150 RPI teams -- which included plenty of sub-200 and sub-300 teams, too -- the Buffaloes would be 10-13 overall. We like to reward teams for going out and playing teams in the nonconference, even if they don't win. We also really like the RPI, and Colorado's was 66. That might make very little sense to you but makes plenty of sense in the logic-free land we call the committee room. Sorry, but we think UAB's better. Why is everyone yelling at us?"

What the fans -- OK, pretty much everyone -- would say: "Are you guys kidding? You put UAB and Clemson in the bracket. Guess how many top-50 wins those teams have combined? Do you know? The answer is zero. Guess how many Colorado has? Six. The Buffaloes beat Kansas State three times and beat Texas once. No, the nonconference schedule wasn't pretty. No, the losses at San Francisco, Oklahoma and Iowa State didn't help Colorado. But when you're looking for a team that can be competitive in the NCAA tournament, wouldn't you prefer one whose best wins came against the best teams in its own conference both in the regular season and in the conference tournament. What about UAB's awful resume makes you think they belong more than us? It can't be the eye test. It can't be the wins. It has to be RPI, and if it's RPI, that's not good enough. We all promised ourselves there would be no outrage this year, and you somehow pulled it off. Frankly, we're not even mad. We're sort of impressed. And deeply, deeply confused."

Bullsh*t. Look at some of the other teams that got in and tell me that they had a better season than we had. Yes, we lost a few games we should have won, but so did 3/4 of the teams in the tournament. That clearly was not the deciding factor. There is something more behind this. Something evil. It smells like texas.

Of course I think the Buffs deserve to be in more than a ton of teams. But if you looks at the raw numbers, that is what sunk CU. I buy into that before I buy into back-room politics theory. SOS and RPI were the problem. We beat Harvard and SF, then maybe that gets overlooked. We beat ISU down the stretch, and maybe that gets overlooked.

I think the Buffs got screwed, we should have been in. But I can see the argument for why we didn't.

THIS

What the committee would say: "Colorado's nonconference schedule ranked No. 331 in the nation. Without the 10 wins Colorado got against sub-150 RPI teams -- which included plenty of sub-200 and sub-300 teams, too -- the Buffaloes would be 10-13 overall. We like to reward teams for going out and playing teams in the nonconference, even if they don't win. We also really like the RPI, and Colorado's was 66. That might make very little sense to you but makes plenty of sense in the logic-free land we call the committee room. Sorry, but we think UAB's better. Why is everyone yelling at us?"

What the fans -- OK, pretty much everyone -- would say: "Are you guys kidding? You put UAB and Clemson in the bracket. Guess how many top-50 wins those teams have combined? Do you know? The answer is zero. Guess how many Colorado has? Six. The Buffaloes beat Kansas State three times and beat Texas once. No, the nonconference schedule wasn't pretty. No, the losses at San Francisco, Oklahoma and Iowa State didn't help Colorado. But when you're looking for a team that can be competitive in the NCAA tournament, wouldn't you prefer one whose best wins came against the best teams in its own conference both in the regular season and in the conference tournament. What about UAB's awful resume makes you think they belong more than us? It can't be the eye test. It can't be the wins. It has to be RPI, and if it's RPI, that's not good enough. We all promised ourselves there would be no outrage this year, and you somehow pulled it off. Frankly, we're not even mad. We're sort of impressed. And deeply, deeply confused."

Of course I think the Buffs deserve to be in more than a ton of teams. But if you looks at the raw numbers, that is what sunk CU. I buy into that before I buy into back-room politics theory. SOS and RPI were the problem. We beat Harvard and SF, then maybe that gets overlooked. We beat ISU down the stretch, and maybe that gets overlooked.

I think the Buffs got screwed, we should have been in. But I can see the argument for why we didn't.

How do you explain our resume... How do you explain the fact we had SIX wins against the precious RPI top 50 while teams like Clemson and UAB had none. If you are looking at numbers how does that make any sense?? It doesn't so next theory please.

Texas at a four seed is an absolute joke, too. Worse than BYU? Worse than Florida? Ridiculous.

SEC got some love with Florida as a 2 and Georgia as a 10. I can somewhat wrap my head around the Florida seeding, but WTF on the Georgia seeding?

Back