What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tourney Selection Show - Sunday @ 4pm on CBS

How do you explain our resume... How do you explain the fact we had SIX wins against the precious RPI top 50 while teams like Clemson and UAB had none. If you are looking at numbers how does that make any sense?? It doesn't so next theory please.

That's just it, how does 6 wins against the top 50 not get us in. Bilas summed it up and he says the same thing every year, and he's right - what EXACTLY is the criteria?

How do you explain our resume... How do you explain the fact we had SIX wins against the precious RPI top 50 while teams like Clemson and UAB had none. If you are looking at numbers how does that make any sense?? It doesn't so next theory please.

Dude. I'm on your side. I think we should have been in. But our RPI and SOS were WEAK. Our OOC was what... 325? We didn't fit whatever formula they used. That's it. I think that is clear.

That's just it, how does 6 wins against the top 50 not get us in. Bilas summed it up and he says the same thing every year, and he's right - what EXACTLY is the criteria?
especially when 4 of those were against the "Elite" top 25... Sure 3 were against KSU, but if that makes those wins less impressive then why the hell are the pussy cats number 5...

SEC got some love with Florida as a 2 and Georgia as a 10. I can somewhat wrap my head around the Florida seeding, but WTF on the Georgia seeding?

But even if that was the case it doesn't make sense because Bama got left out going 12-4 in conference. I'm not saying they deserved to get in, but if they were overvaluing the SEC then they would've put Bama in. Point is they're not consistent.

Dude. I'm on your side. I think we should have been in. But our RPI and SOS were WEAK. Our OOC was what... 325? We didn't fit whatever formula they used. That's it. I think that is clear.
My point is if so much emphasis is put on RPI then how come those six wins were that much more impressive. I know our OOC was not good like people have said that doesnt make much sense either... I guess we should schedule like MSU and lose most of our games against top 25 opponents instead of having more wins...

No it's not clear. At all. If it's RPI then how the hell does USC get in over schools like BC and VT? And where is St. Mary's and Missouri State? And our SOS is better than Clemson's and VCU's.

No it's not clear. At all. If it's RPI then how the hell does USC get in over schools like BC and VT? And where is St. Mary's and Missouri State? And our SOS is better than Clemson's and VCU's.
Our RPI is better than USC. At least the graphic ESPN had up showed that.

But our OOC SOS isn't. Of course, at the end of the year what should matter is how strong your overall schedule was and what you did against it, but the NCAA apparently has a raging hard on for trying to make big conference schools schedule "tougher", and completely overweights the OOC SOS stat. That's why Mick has a point about changing the way we schedule.

The Oregon game was in Eugene. Luke Jackson went off and we blew a big halftime lead.

D'oh. Right. That old arena was shaking from all the O fans. The dagger was David Harrison losing the handle on a loose ball and having it bounce hopelessly out of bounds.

Something else I got to thinking of that makes no sense - related to Big 12 in general, seeding. Kansas is a legit #1. Missouri at 11 makes sense. But Texas at #4 and A&M at 7 while ****ing Kjuco is a 5????

Wonder if Martin has been greasing the palms of the selection committee - not like he's a squeaky clean indiviaul by any stretch of the imagination.

Texas at a four seed is an absolute joke, too. Worse than BYU? Worse than Florida? Ridiculous.

Oh, okay, I see it now. Beeeebeeee and the bigTex heads traded with the selection committee.

Danny B: "I have permission out of the lone star state to take a #4 seed for the donghorns, and in return, you guys leave out Colorado. You win by getting a couple of seed bumps for the BigLeast and get to include another mind-blowing, questionable team, and we get to wave goodbye to the guys in Boulder."

Tourney Committee: "Sounds really good. How do we spin it?"

The schedule is one of the reasons CU got to the record it did.

This team couldn't beat ISU or OU on the road. You think they were going to go into some Big 10 fieldhouses or SEC fieldhouses (Georgia?) or Pac-10 arenas, etc. and win?

Play a tougher schedule and this CU team is 15-15 or something. They aren't ready for a big time non-conference schedule.

This team couldn't beat ISU or OU on the road. You think they were going to go into some Big 10 fieldhouses or SEC fieldhouses (Georgia?) or Pac-10 arenas, etc. and win?

Play a tougher schedule and this CU team is 15-15 or something. They aren't ready for a big time non-conference schedule.

Fine I understand that the SOS sucks. We should schedule more difficult teams I get it. However I cannot imagine the reason for not giving us a shot at the Play-In round. If the committee has a question whether we can compete let us prove it to get in to the tournament. I have no doubt we would beat UAB, Clemson, USC, or VCU. I understand not giving us a bye because of our OOC but not even a shot thats what upsets me the most.

We don't need a "big-time non-conference schedule". We just need a schedule that is not a complete laugher.

They wouldn't have to play all those games on the road. And they did beat K-State on the road and again in what was basically a road game.

With 6 top 50 wins, I think it's a bit ridiculous to assume we couldn't have beaten some teams around #100 or 150 RPI (and yes, that's the type of games they would have needed to schedule).

6 wins against the RPI top 50. Are you forgetting that?

Every ****ing analyst from across the country is stunned that CU got snubbed. Every single one when asked about the team most snubbed has been taking the time to blast the selection committee on passing on the Buffs. Analysts had Colorado past being on the bubble anymore going into today. Something is royally ****ed. Go football BCS!! Cause this is what playoffs gets you.

This comment makes no sense at all. You're saying a team that beat Texas, took A&M into OT, beat Missouri and Kansas State (3 times) would not be able to beat the likes of Denver, Wyoming, Utah, etc? By upgrading the OOC, all CU would have had to do is go from playing teams with RPI in the 300's to teams in the mid 100's. We'd still win those games. That's the enfuriating thing about all this. Well, that's one of the enfuriating things. There's a lot to be enfuriated about right now.

screwedcolor.gif

man is good

http://www.drewlitton.com/categories-2/basketball/2011/03/13/buffalowed/

Back