What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEBRASKA CANS PELINI!

The key is the "legendary" coach has to be willing to retire.

still not getting the Texas. Bowden was reportedly forced out following public comments in which he appeared very confused. Recall him mistaking the opponent they had just beat during a post game presser.

Bo certainly has his failings and is easy to laugh at but he didn't do a terrible job at Nebraska.

If he takes a year of two at a coordinators position and gets a chance to evaluate what he did at Nebraska he could be a very good candidate for someone in a year or two.

still not getting the Texas. Bowden was reportedly forced out following public comments in which he appeared very confused. Recall him mistaking the opponent they had just beat during a post game presser.
Seriously?

Muschamp was the DC at Texas under Brown. They made him the associate HC (or something like that) with the idea that he would be the guy to step in when MB retired or moved upstairs into administration.

Time went on and MB didn't leave, Muschamp started getting ansy. It didn't help that his defenses were a focus of Texas fans displeasure frequently. It started to get awkward. When Florida offered he jumped and nobody was overly upset to see him go.

At least that is how I remember it going down.

Seriously?
yeah, the Big 8/XII was never really on my radar.

Muschamp was the DC at Texas under Brown. They made him the associate HC (or something like that) with the idea that he would be the guy to step in when MB retired or moved upstairs into administration.

Time went on and MB didn't leave, Muschamp started getting ansy. It didn't help that his defenses were a focus of Texas fans displeasure frequently. It started to get awkward. When Florida offered he jumped and nobody was overly upset to see him go.

thanks. got it now.

I don't believe Muschamp was getting antsy. Florida, offered him a HC job starting now. That's bird in the hand vs. only one bird (maybe) in the bush. FL job is more or less equal to TX job and it's now, concrete and real. Only a fool would turn it down.

Bo certainly has his failings and is easy to laugh at but he didn't do a terrible job at Nebraska.

If he takes a year of two at a coordinators position and gets a chance to evaluate what he did at Nebraska he could be a very good candidate for someone in a year or two.

He won at least 9 ****ing games each year he was at Nebraska.

He is an outstanding candidate for someone right now.

Either a head gig or a DC, he's gonna get paid by someone.
Which_a4bb0a_1052879.jpg

He won at least 9 ****ing games each year he was at Nebraska.

He is an outstanding candidate for someone right now.

Look deeper than W/L records son.

.500 record against teams with a winning record. Annual embarrassing blow out loss. Never could win a big game. Not to mention he's a public embarrassment.

Look deeper than W/L records son.

.500 record against teams with a winning record. Annual embarrassing blow out loss. Never could win a big game. Not to mention he's a public embarrassment.

well, I guess you can be thrilled with a 2-10 coach who is a public gem, then.

Personally, I'd take a guy who was a PR nightmare if he won 9 games every single year.

well, I guess you can be thrilled with a 2-10 coach who is a public gem, then.

Personally, I'd take a guy who was a PR nightmare if he won 9 games every single year.

I'd take anyone if he won 9 games every year in our conference!

You are ignoring the fact that they play a bunch of patsies at home every year for a non-conference schedule and play in a weak conference.

They went 5-3 in conference this year by beating @Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers and @Iowa (on a last second FG).
Those opponents went 11-21 in the Big10 this year.

No program can be satisfied with those results in year 7, when it's year after year, with no upward improvement.

I'd take anyone if he won 9 games every year in our conference!

You are ignoring the fact that they play a bunch of patsies at home every year for a non-conference schedule and play in a weak conference.

They went 5-3 in conference this year by beating @Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers and @Iowa (on a last second FG).
Those opponents went 11-21 in the Big10 this year.

No program can be satisfied with those results in year 7, when it's year after year, with no upward improvement.

Results speak for themselves:

9-4
10-4
10-4
9-4
10-4
9-4
9-3

Played for conference championship 3x.

Pelini has no control over how good or how bad his opponents are. It's out of his control how other teams perform. All he can control is his own team - and he did pretty darn well in that regard.

Come back 7 years from now -- do you think the next Husker coach will win 70+% of his games?

Pelini did control his own results which are not that good when you peel the onion.

He beat a bad Iowa team by 3, when he needed to put an exclamation point on it. He got STEAMROLLED by a Wisconsin team that is just better coached. He got beat by Minnesota... at home.

5-3 in conference is not good enough!
NEVER winning the conference championship.
NOT being relevant at the end of ANY football season in his tenure?
Not showing ANY improvement year to year - ever.
Having lowly Minnesota pass you up in competiveness and relevancy?

Husker fans know that this year's schedule was the year for them to get back to top 15.

Reminds me of the argument of how good Barnett's teams were because we won the North year after year only to get shellacked by good teams.

Pelini did control his own results which are not that good when you peel the onion.

He beat a bad Iowa team by 3, when he needed to put an exclamation point on it. He got STEAMROLLED by a Wisconsin team that is just better coached. He got beat by Minnesota... at home.

Husker fans know that this year's schedule was the year for them to get back to top 15.

Reminds me of the argument of how good Barnett's teams were because we won the North year after year only to get shellacked by good teams.

I was one of the biggest advocates of getting rid of Barnett.

Sure would be nice to have him and his 7-5, 7-6, 8-5, 9-5 type seasons now.

This is simply a glass half full/half empty argument. Winning 9 games a year is nothing to sneeze at. Ever. However, the Nubs consider themselves an elite top 5 program. They better be very careful, because the next guy is very likely to be worse and they are not exactly sitting in a recruiting hot bed.

This is simply a glass half full/half empty argument. Winning 9 games a year is nothing to sneeze at. Ever. However, the Nubs consider themselves an elite top 5 program. They better be very careful, because the next guy is very likely to be worse and they are not exactly sitting in a recruiting hot bed.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on it. Yeah he lost big games but we also almost won so many times to count. 5 points in the MSU game. The 2nd half implosion with Minnesota. If he would have won that Minnesota game being up 21-7 at half we wouldn't be having this conversation. We've already had de-commits and the players were VERY much behind Bo so team morale is extremely low and we have a young core. He was also starting to do some cool things to stay in the media and try and keep recruits intrested (cheezy cat thing with Feux). I just think it was dumb looking at the big picture. Christ we just extended him last year.....

Last edited:

I wish.

No seriously, it's true. Your fan base predominately believes that.

In all seriousness a majority of us do not. The older ones, maybe. Younger fans are pretty realistic about it for the most part. I just want a ****ing conference championship. Am I crazy but why wouldn't Michigan jump on Pelini?

Back