What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Basketball/Volleyball Facility

Not a lot of progress in the last week, which is odd because the weather has been fine. They're probably doing a lot of interior work that we can't see. At least I hope that's what's going on. The exterior has been pretty much in the same state for at least a week.

I found this on the Colorado Volleyball facebook page the other day.
"The front of the indoor CU volleyball practice facility is getting the sandstone rock facade applied. It's really starting to come together. They're also already starting to put the 4 volleyball courts in. Very cool!"

That was posted on Friday, 02/25. Wish I was in Boulder to check out the progress in person.

I found this on the Colorado Volleyball facebook page the other day.
"The front of the indoor CU volleyball practice facility is getting the sandstone rock facade applied. It's really starting to come together. They're also already starting to put the 4 volleyball courts in. Very cool!"

That was posted on Friday, 02/25. Wish I was in Boulder to check out the progress in person.

Thanks!

And welcome to the board.

image.jpg

The bricks are going on the exterior walls...any word when the exterior will be done since I'd say another month or two.

next pg

While standing at the urinal troth at the game tonight, I couldn't help but notice a brochure stuck to the wall at eye level. There is a basketball camp for girls June 24-26 and the practice facility will be one of the sites they'll be playing games. So it looks like the courts will be ready by June. I think that's ahead of the original schedule.

anyone disappointed the flagstone wasn't done by now. I could have sworn we had this much done on the web cam 2 or 3 weeks ago when it first went out.

Last time I walked by they were almost done with the stonework facing. Too bad they didn't decide to continue that onto the Keg. Would be nice to have some new pics in this thread.

DSC00464.jpgDSC00461.jpgDSC00463.jpgDSC00462.jpg

bump

Front Face is finished. All the stone work is now on the north side. They are also working on the hill to the CEC hopefully putting in the stairs soon.

It has been said in this thread before, I wish they'd have budgeted a little extra for some flag-stone on Coors as well.

It has been said in this thread before, I wish they'd have budgeted a little extra for some flag-stone on Coors as well.

they can't do that right now. Bohn had read my posts and now he wants to pop the top on the can and expand it out and up.

Needs to be done. Hopefully they'll at least do the flagstone facing on the ticket office when they pop that out.

rep to anyone that can hack it. I tired a few buffs + colorado + basketball combos without any luck.

This is so ghey. Why even put it back up on cubuffs.com if you require a password to view the webcam? If they are worried about the bandwidth then I would suggest just taking a still shot at the end of each business day and posting it on the website so we can view the progress.

This is so ghey. Why even put it back up on cubuffs.com if you require a password to view the webcam? If they are worried about the bandwidth then I would suggest just taking a still shot at the end of each business day and posting it on the website so we can view the progress.
when things like this happen it usually means it broke...

they still have to "wash the north side" get all of the extra grout and dust off the stone. Should be done by tomorrow or monday. Then I am guessing/hoping the red tile comes in. They are also forming up the stairs to the main entrance. It will be nice when that is finally done. Yesterday it looked like they were moving a bunch of dirt around probably filling in against the foundation. Amazing that the exterior is almost done.

Its looking great! We may not get many new facilities on a regular basis but when we do, they tend to do them right!

except for the keg.

At the time it was built, the CEC was considered a state of the art facility. They used to host concerts up there. I remember when the Kinks played the CEC. Problem is that the acoustics turned out to really, REALLY suck. But that's why the North end is notched like that - to allow room for a stage.

Anyhow, I agree that the CEC hasn't aged well, but when they built it, it was considered pretty awesome. Figure that building is 31 years old. It's older than McNichols Arena was when it was torn down.

At the time it was built, the CEC was considered a state of the art facility. They used to host concerts up there. I remember when the Kinks played the CEC. Problem is that the acoustics turned out to really, REALLY suck. But that's why the North end is notched like that - to allow room for a stage.

Anyhow, I agree that the CEC hasn't aged well, but when they built it, it was considered pretty awesome. Figure that building is 31 years old. It's older than McNichols Arena was when it was torn down.

I remember seeing Stevie Ray Vaughn at CEC back when I was in school. And unfortunately yeah, the acoustics sucked.

Back