What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New OC Possibilities (if Kiesau leaves)

I'd love to get Logan on the staff just to get an extra advantage in recruiting the group of kids at Mullen. They will be quite highly rated recruits next year and it'd be great to haul them in. That being said, I doubt Logan wants any part of leaving what he has to work for a year as Hawks OC or position coach.

I'd love to get Logan on the staff just to get an extra advantage in recruiting the group of kids at Mullen. They will be quite highly rated recruits next year and it'd be great to haul them in. That being said, I doubt Logan wants any part of leaving what he has to work for a year as Hawks OC or position coach.

Actually, if he does come in for a year as an assistant, it might be just the thing he needs to make the jump to HC. Not that I think it would be appropriate, but it could be that he's thinking that Hawk is gone in another year, so why not put yourself in a position to step in then? He's a lot closer to the HC job as the OC or WR coach than he is as the HC at Mullen.

Actually, if he does come in for a year as an assistant, it might be just the thing he needs to make the jump to HC. Not that I think it would be appropriate, but it could be that he's thinking that Hawk is gone in another year, so why not put yourself in a position to step in then? He's a lot closer to the HC job as the OC or WR coach than he is as the HC at Mullen.

Good point. That scenario is probably the only way he gets a shot at being HC at CU anyway, not sure if he realizes that.

So assuming he would come here as an OC, would it be a good thing? Isn't Mullen usually known for their stout defense more than their high flying offense? I'd say going for high school HC to college OC would fail, but Gus Malzahn did it quite well.

When Glanville resigned on Nov. 17 after three seasons with the Vikings, Chisholm said he wanted PSU’s next coach to have extensive college experience and a commitment to excellence on and off the field.

Maybe they'll buy out Hawk's contract since he's obviously a perfect fit? :thumbsup:

Good point. That scenario is probably the only way he gets a shot at being HC at CU anyway, not sure if he realizes that.

So assuming he would come here as an OC, would it be a good thing? Isn't Mullen usually known for their stout defense more than their high flying offense? I'd say going for high school HC to college OC would fail, but Gus Malzahn did it quite well.

I think you can successfully make the jump from HS HC to college OC. There's no doubt in my mind that Dave Logan posesses a ton of football knowledge. The guy knows the nuts and bolts of the game.

Back