What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offensive Line

HCMM was a decent coach. Players generally liked him as a person and he was especially liked by many player families for his meaningful belief in taking care of the person, not just the player. He had two enormous blind spots, though. One, he was a catastrophe as a manager of his staff allowing loyalty to override accountability, and two, he doggedly adhered to a bygone therory of smaller, nimble, ‘let’s develop them’ players on the LOS. Both faults were his ultimate undoing.
I'd like to add that he couldn't make a half-time adjustment to save his life.

MM just didn't fully embrace recruiting and believed more in wish fulfillment as the foundation of the program. Combining an apathetic attitude toward recruiting and his philosophy for the OL (way too small and not quick either, rather than larger and stronger), and you get the horrendous OL play we saw. Also, keeping a non-recruiter like Gary Bernardi as OL coach (arguably the most important Asst Coaching position on the team) for the first 3 seasons of his tenure was an enormous mistake.

FIFY

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but from Brian's chat today regarding Moretti "He's still trying to get back to full health. He's out this spring and has lost a lot of weight. From what I hear, he's around 270. So, even if he is cleared by summer, as I've heard, it might be tough for him to get to the weight he needs to really help much this year. But, he's so talented, I wouldn't rule him out."

You gotta feel bad for the kid but at this point, if he doesn't get to playing weight by fall and contributes, I don't see him ever being healthy enough to play which is sad to see. By all accounts, he's a very positive, upbeat kid.

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but from Brian's chat today regarding Moretti "He's still trying to get back to full health. He's out this spring and has lost a lot of weight. From what I hear, he's around 270. So, even if he is cleared by summer, as I've heard, it might be tough for him to get to the weight he needs to really help much this year. But, he's so talented, I wouldn't rule him out."

You gotta feel bad for the kid but at this point, if he doesn't get to playing weight by fall and contributes, I don't see him ever being healthy enough to play which is sad to see. By all accounts, he's a very positive, upbeat kid.
Getting healthy and making weight by fall are two separate issues. Not playing this fall because he's underweight won't hamper his career moving forward assuming the knee is right.

Getting healthy and making weight by fall are two separate issues. Not playing this fall because he's underweight won't hamper his career moving forward assuming the knee is right.
Completely agree. I guess I misstated my intended point. I don't see him wanting to stick around another year after not being able to play and just medically retiring because it's got to be a mental toll not consistently getting on the field in the sport you love for the past is it 4 years now?

Ride that horse till it bucks ya. I hope it works out for him, sucks that it's part of the game. It very much is, though.

...you wouldn't have so many decades of life experience by which to make such decisions. You'd also know his goals and dreams which would give you insight into his plans.
I said “consider.” And I’m sure he is and has.

2 out of 5 maybe if Hambright arrives in shape.
It was a dart board I have set up like a carnival game. Spin the wheel and threw the dart, it takes awhile because drinking was involved. Plus I really am pulling for Moretti so I cheated until I got him at LT. lol I have no idea who's going to start

It was a dart board I have set up like a carnival game. Spin the wheel and threw the dart, it takes awhile because drinking was involved. Plus I really am pulling for Moretti so I cheated until I got him at LT. lol I have no idea who's going to start
I don’t think anyone knows at this point.

Back