What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Colorado @ California Football Game thread

Oliver misses 3 kicks and the refs take 7 points from us. Any one of those goes the other way and we win.

Was as I the only one yelling to go for two at the end of regulation and when we scored in OT? I like my chances of getting two yards to win a game when you are a road underdog.

we're sore right now because we know we could've won this game but didnt...throughout the week though, we'll feel better better about the game and the numbers... we need to do something about our Defense in this league., need to step it up... TT was surely missed.

Lots not forget that we contended for the ASU game for awhile too. Thats more than one game in the same season where we didnt look like ****. Versus looking like **** weekly. I see parallels between the early Mac years and the early Mac years.

Oliver misses 3 kicks and the refs take 7 points from us. Any one of those goes the other way and we win.

Was as I the only one yelling to go for two at the end of regulation and when we scored in OT? I like my chances of getting two yards to win a game when you are a road underdog.

So many plays that went against us.

- missed field goals
- 3 or 4 dropped balls by our receivers
- ruling of a drop instead of a fumble on the Thompson return for TD
- Sefo forcing the pass for an INT instead of throwing it away
- roughing the passer on Tupou
- PI called back
- Sefo overthrowing Spruce in the 3rd quarter
- numerous shoestring tackles on our RBs when they were so close to breaking loos into the open field
- missed tackles (especially on the long TD play when we looked like the Keystone Cops)
- blowing a 1st and goal from the 2 opportunity in OT

Ugggghhhhhh! What might have been? Should have been?

Nope. Totally agree. Ride the momentum.

My reading comprehension is adequate. However, you're probably right about a blown play as opposed to a complicated play call. I'm in weird state right now. It's been a while since I've been this fired up over a close CU loss. Played a great game, but we SHOULD have won that thing.

I was about to respond to this post of yours and say "no worries .. I totally understand." But then you ratified Nik's "fify" ... so now both of you are in my ****house. :pissed:

And believe me ... you don't want to be in my ****house. For a number of reasons. :eiertritt:

I was about to respond to this post of yours and say "no worries .. I totally understand." But then you ratified Nik's "fify" ... so now both of you are in my ****house. :pissed:

And believe me ... you don't want to be in my ****house. For a number of reasons. :eiertritt:

:lol:

Lots not forget that we contended for the ASU game for awhile too. Thats more than one game in the same season where we didnt look like ****. Versus looking like **** weekly. I see parallels between the early Mac years and the early Mac years.

I do too. And I was there. ;)

Should have gone for two in the first OT, without a doubt.

I mean, after scoring on the first play of the possession? It was a no brainer, imo.

Didn't see the game and had ****ty cell service (you guys suck at play by play, btw). Saw our last play on ESPN. WTF kind of call was that?

But out that's not the point of my post. The point I would like to make is that, dammit, we are improving game by game this season. I just get the feeling that we are really close to figuring things out. It just feels like it is just a small mistake and/or bad break here and there that costs us. I'm both frustrated and much mor hopeful than I was after csu.

It's the old "learn how to win" thing. We have to learn how to win and when we do that, we will begin to turn the ship around.

Unless you miss it. Then its the most criticized call of the game.

Of course it would be, but I think almost everyone would agree that going for two in OT on the road against a team whose offense you can't be counted on to stop from the 25 yard line would never be a stupid thing to do.

Didn't see the game and had ****ty cell service (you guys suck at play by play, btw). Saw our last play on ESPN. WTF kind of call was that?

But out that's not the point of my post. The point I would like to make is that, dammit, we are improving game by game this season. I just get the feeling that we are really close to figuring things out. It just feels like it is just a small mistake and/or bad break here and there that costs us. I'm both frustrated and much mor hopeful than I was after csu.

It's the old "learn how to win" thing. We have to learn how to win and when we do that, we will begin to turn the ship around.

As much as I hate to say it, considering the fact that we're still not winning conference football games, we have started turning the ship around. Look back two years ago and see what happened against ASU in Boulder and against Cal in Berkeley. It's a sad statement about where we were, but the fact that we're not getting our doors blown off is a sign of big improvements.

As much as I hate to say it, considering the fact that we're still not winning conference football games, we have started turning the ship around. Look back two years ago and see what happened against ASU in Boulder and against Cal in Berkeley. It's a sad statement about where we were, but the fact that we're not getting our doors blown off is a sign of big improvements.

More than that, they're starting to respond to adversity with some fight. It still sucks, but it's an infinitely better version of suck.

Agreed. This team is young and we saw them fight their hearts out today. Oliver had the worst game of his life. they kept fighting back. Sefo is legit. Everyone that can attend better be there for OSU and get loud. This team deserves some backers.

Yes

We had 4 chances from the 2 yard line in double OT. All failed. Our goalline offense is an abomination. Not sure why so many on here think going for two would have been any more successful.

I'm sorry man, you're half right on this one. Sefo was amazing, but the brain fart was to try a play that they have obviously rarely practiced on 4th and 1 from the 1 in OT. Nut up and punch it in! Seriously, I was calling for a QB sneak. At the least, run the exact same PA pass to Frazier that you called earlier. Anything but cute.

Fair.

Last edited:
Not sure what thread had someone asking who else had the 14 touchdowns in one game, but I found the info on BI.

"California and Colorado played the first game in FBS history where both teams threw for at least 7 passing touchdowns. The 14 combined passing touchdowns ties the FBS record set in the 1990 Houston-Eastern Washington game in which David Klingler set the FBS single-game record with 11 passing touchdowns. It's the most passing touchdowns ever in a game featuring two FBS opponents."

Back