What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Colorado @ California Football Game thread

agree but this is bad football at the end. team not used to winning.

Yep. Breakdowns on defense, offense, special teams, and communications from the coach box.

That's why I'm pissed off.

But there was also so much good today that gives me hope that it's feeling good to be pissed. Conference road loss that we had in our grasps for a victory. It's a good angry compared to how I've felt the past several years. That's all I'm saying.

Time for another Scotch now.

TT getting hurt killed us. Hope he isn't out next week.
+1 TT is quickly becoming the heart of the defense (moreso than Gillam-in part b/c of his injury I assume). Our D dropped big time after he went out and they exploited his absence on several throws.

This!!! A decent team wins this game! Coaches and players blew this game.

Wow. Kinda surprised after they showed the heart they did that you can feel that way about them. I thought they played head-and-shoulders above anything I have seen them do in years. They deserve more respect for what they achieved out there than I think you are giving them. Hopefully when the players come here to see what we are saying they will see that we saw how hard they fought...and they will be glad that they were doing it for a fan base that appreciated the effort they put into the entire year to get to this level of improvement.

Call them out when they suck...but they didn't suck today. It was a very, very hard fought loss with many flashes of heroism.

Yes we are making improvements but our oline needs to get tougher in the redzone. We need safeties badly, I'd if White is ready, I hope he is. On D, I don't give two ****s about how many yards we give up, show me a few categories. Redzone D, 3rd D, turnovers, and qb pressures or sacks. End of the day, ****ing FINISH.

If this isn't a one game funk with Oliver, we're in deep ****. We have enough problems as it is. We can't have Oliver go Aric Goodman on us. We'll need Oliver next week.

If this isn't a one game funk with Oliver, we're in deep ****. We have enough problems as it is. We can't have Oliver go Aric Goodman on us. We'll need Oliver next week.

He had a miss that was a momentum killer against CSU, too. I don't know why, but he's regressed this season. Needs to turn it around.

The last minute TD to tie the game with 21 seconds and then the D holding when Cal could have found a way to get into FG range, plus the 1st play TD pass in the 1st overtime all showed this team has grown up big time and is starting to believe in themselves and definitely don't fold easily.

They are getting an attitude about them. Believing in themselves and definitely not rolling over. Most fight I have seen from our team on the road against a P5 team in a LOONG time. I am encouraged and pissed off we lost and thinking of the would have should have. Oliver sucked it up today but also losing TT I think was what really changed the direction of the game. He is the real deal back there-plays with attitude, creates turnovers..

Is it just me or does he kind of look lost? Glad we didn't hire him like I wanted

He has "the look". When a coach displays "the look", the chances of success are slim. We got the right guy between Mac and Sonny. I think it will show over time.

Is it just me or does he kind of look lost? Glad we didn't hire him like I wanted

There's a reason he only brought his offensive staff from La. Tech with him when hired. And rearranged much of his defensive staff again in the offseason. With him it's all about trying to quickly score points and cross his fingers that the other team will make more offensive mistakes so he can win in a shootout. May win a few games with gaudy scores but as he's seen the last two weeks it's not a good business model if your expectation is to ever win conference championships.

Yeah in the end it still came down to going for it on 4th & 1 leaving the door open for them to answer...

Always better to go down guns blazing... Like getting burnt blitzing game in the line v. picked apart playing prevent.

Football awards aggression.

Really??! When was the last time we were able to score 56 points? Yeah couple mistakes were made play calling but both teams had that.

Yeah, really. Let your players make a play. He had a chance to play big boy football and decided to pull a play out from his MWC bag of tricks.

Yeah, really. Let your players make a play. He had a chance to play big boy football and decided to pull a play out from his MWC bag of tricks.

The only series I will complain about is the final set of downs. Lindgren called a hell of a game other than that.

we're sore right now because we know we could've won this game but didnt...throughout the week though, we'll feel better better about the game and the numbers... we need to do something about our Defense in this league., need to step it up... TT was surely missed.

I'm sorry man, you're half right on this one. Sefo was amazing, but the brain fart was to try a play that they have obviously rarely practiced on 4th and 1 from the 1 in OT. Nut up and punch it in! Seriously, I was calling for a QB sneak. At the least, run the exact same PA pass to Frazier that you called earlier. Anything but cute.

In case it wasn't obvious newbie ... me saying "the only brain-fart" was in reference to the game Sefo played, not the play calling. And that final play was obviously supposed to be a fake handoff to Frazier and then a simple handoff to Jones to run towards a different hole. Apparently Jones was not aware of that for some reason ... he went too wide for Sefo to get him the ball. If he had been in a position to get the ball from Sefo, he very well may have scored ... and then we all would have been praising a great play call.

Funny how after a loss, reading comprehension seems to go south on AB.

i posted in another thread, i still don't understand how he got that job in the first place.

I think some plan Bs or plan As for the lower totem P5 schools is to just court a Johnny-come-lately winner from the regional midmajor. Pac-12 may do this with MWC just as Big Ten does with MAC. I'd say it's lazy but it got us MacIntyre and having those regional ties especially with a school in a football rich state may mean less ground to make up with recruiting connections for a new staff.

He'd be a good fit in Texas somewhere, SMU maybe? I know his dad very well, I don't know him much.

Tech is having a disappointing year. Kingsbury was recruited by Spike and Sonny was on staff when Kliff was in college so I could see Sonny being OC back at Tech after this year or next when he is fired by Cal. Or OC at Wazzu because of the Leach connection. The college game definitely has its Norv Turner-like savants who should stick with the coordinator role.

Well ill just say this, a lot of you guys have played ball at a high level or a lower one. Thing is this, to me anyway, it's not getting blown out or losing a close one that hurts the worst. It's the ones you give away that sting for a long time, that's mho. They better learn and forget about it. Next time you have a chance to knock somebody's dick in the dirt, execute and don't let the kicker do anything but kick extra points and drink spiked Gatorade.

Well ill just say this, a lot of you guys have played ball at a high level or a lower one. Thing is this, to me anyway, it's not getting blown out or losing a close one that hurts the worst. It's the ones you give away that sting for a long time, that's mho. They better learn and forget about it. Next time you have a chance to knock somebody's dick in the dirt, execute and don't let the kicker do anything but kick extra points and drink spiked Gatorade.

:nod:

If they're turning the corner, they'll have a great week of practice and come out pissed next Saturday.

If the leadership and psyche isn't there yet, they'll be take a step back and come out flat.

And take field in second half with head on shoulders, not inside rectum.

In case it wasn't obvious newbie ... me saying "the only brain-fart" was in reference to the game Sefo played, not the play calling. And that final play was obviously supposed to be a fake handoff to Frazier and then a simple handoff to Jones to run towards a different hole. Apparently Jones was not aware of that for some reason ... he went too wide for Sefo to get him the ball. If he had been in a position to get the ball from Sefo, he very well may have scored ... and then we all would have been praising a great play call.

Funny how after a loss, reading comprehension seems to go south on AB.

My reading comprehension is adequate. However, you're probably right about a blown play as opposed to a complicated play call. I'm in weird state right now. It's been a while since I've been this fired up over a close CU loss. Played a great game, but we SHOULD have won that thing.

Back