What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

Any news or rumors? are we rolling with 1 less coach still? Is there going to be any replacement/up-grade?

Bernardi to the most seldom used position on the offense. Why not just replace him?

Also, where are all the people who said Hagan was not joining the staff???

Interesting reshuffle. Sort of excited to see what Adams can do. We don't use a TE or FB much, so since he doesnt recruit, Bernardi is now doing the least amount possible...

Hopefully Hagan can be another plus recruiter full time. He seems to do ok in spurts.

Yeah I'm perfectly fine with hagan coming on as a coach but keeping bernardi makes little to no sense. It would be very easy to find someone to coach those two positions who will actually recruit. The best part about this is I can almost guarantee Adams will have more success recruiting offensive lineman than we have the last couple years.

So any insight into why this took so damn long in the end? Lol. Maybe we had other interested candidates?

Yeah I'm perfectly fine with hagan coming on as a coach but keeping bernardi makes little to no sense. It would be very easy to find someone to coach those two positions who will actually recruit. The best part about this is I can almost guarantee Adams will have more success recruiting offensive lineman than we have the last couple years.

Either Bernardi has pictures or he is M2s sounding board guy. Lousy coach but good friend. Not a luxury we can afford.

I like M2 a lot but if things don't turn around very soon he and Bernardi are going to be out of jobs.

Strange as strange can be. I don't even know what to say about this one...it makes no sense whatsoever.

Duff any response here?

Haha. Never fails, does it?

Anyway, keeping on Bernardi is a joke. That is a prime recruiting position. You can hire a true up-and-coming assistant for next to nothing. Instead, you are shifting the third highest paid coach on the staff to that position. WTF?

My read with exactly zero inside information, no one is willing to come on board with a coach on the hot seat. MM needed to do something and moved the pieces in the best way possible after he discovered his only options were left overs.

So they couldn't find an OL coach? Very strange to keep bernardi and have him as te coach?

Seemed to be some decent candidates for OL coach from the lists and posts seen here...

The issue is not moving Adams to OL. The issue is not finding a young recruiter for TEs coach. There are no excuses on that one which hold up.

Does not make sense in so many ways.

Wonder if M2 got turned down by somebody he thought he could bring in and ended up scrambling. No reason to believe that either but it makes as much sense as anything else happening.

My read with exactly zero inside information, no one is willing to come on board with a coach on the hot seat. MM needed to do something and moved the pieces in the best way possible after he discovered his only options were left overs.
Plenty of coaches would have taken the job if offered.

Have to think things were going on in the background for which Mac was waiting to see how things fell out. I'd almost bet this move was Plan B or even Plan C.

Bernardi coaching TEs: "Go practice with the wide receivers." "Go practice with the linemen." "Good job, you're getting better"
Rinse and repeat

I agree with many here but I believe Adams has been coaching out of position and advocated for him moving over.

Hagan doesn't have the off-field issues he had before. The RB situation was **** last two years. They needed a real coach there that understood the dynamics of rhythm for a RB. Hagan does and he can sell the Buffs like few others. It is an upgrade in recruiting. His Cali ties will serve him good to be more than just a face at the school.

Bernardi makes sense and doesn't. Agree going younger may have been better idea. But if you have heard him talk, he has a very strong presence. He has ST coordination experience and my guess is that will be one of his duties along with some input from Chev but Chev has enough on plate.

I think it also brings some continuity headed into spring ball. MacIntyre probably kicked the tires but didn't see an upgrade. If we would have seen Bernardi with his experience before at another school we would have said good move and made excuses why he struggled. I think a different POV from Bernardi may help him out.

If not, then we know where all these coaches but probably Chev and Leavitt will be asked to go, out of town.

Back