What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

A) You are right. I don't know if TC McCartney can recruit. I bring his name up for Director of Player Development as an option to be considered and discussed. I know he is about 1/4 Bill McCartney and he has extended family in the Polynesian community, which I consider both as positives. Don't worry I won't hire him without fully checking out his credentials. Actually, I won't hire him or anyone to the Buffs staff. If I had that ability Wickline and Locksley would be on the staff.
B) From what I have read Hagan has been filling in for the missing AC the last two years. I assumed that he wants to be an AC for the Buffs again, but I don't know that. Where have you heard that he doesn't want to be an AC?
I thought Hagan had tried the coaching gig before and wasn't particularly good at it.

I think Forman may be the kind of person who has some very innovative ideas but comes across as a madman trying to force others to do things "his" way. I'm a little surprised that with Forman's experience at Stanford that he didn't teach more of the Stanford way to develop our players. Then again maybe the results differ because of the superior type of player they recruit.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the type of player and all to do with his goofball ideas. If you want guys bigger, faster, and stronger, then you prepare a program for that. He wanted to be some physiological genius. Being innovative doesn't always work.

Maybe. We saw how he did with the near super bowl caliber OL.

Not sure if serious...

"In DeGuglielmo's first year on the job, the Patriots allowed just 21 sacks, fourth-fewest in the NFL, and the team won the Super Bowl. The offensive line, which suffered a string of injuries in 2015 and was playing with three rookies who totaled more than 50 percent of the snaps, contributed to that sack total's increasing to 38 this season."

Link

Not sure if serious...

"In DeGuglielmo's first year on the job, the Patriots allowed just 21 sacks, fourth-fewest in the NFL, and the team won the Super Bowl. The offensive line, which suffered a string of injuries in 2015 and was playing with three rookies who totaled more than 50 percent of the snaps, contributed to that sack total's increasing to 38 this season."

Link
Saw somewhere that he's been fired from 3 of the 4 teams in the AFC East.

Not sure if serious...

Link

Serious.

Tom Brady was hit more times against the Broncos on Sunday than I think he was in his entire career.

Saw somewhere that he's been fired from 3 of the 4 teams in the AFC East.

Hadn't seen that, thanks for sharing.

Serious.

Tom Brady was hit more times against the Broncos on Sunday than I think he was in his entire career.

Brady being hit on Sunday was never in question. At risk of taking this thread further off-track, I was questioning whether it was legitimate to refer to the Patriots' OL as "near Super Bowl caliber."

It may be semantics, but just because the team almost made the Super Bowl doesn't mean every position group was operating at that level...and I think in this case it's pretty obvious their OL was not.

A) You have no idea if he can recruit.
B) You want to move Hagan to a job he does not want.

But shouldn't the objective be to improve the program.
Brian Howell talked about DH on the Buff Chat Monday. He thinks Hagan would love the job. I am not trying to rip you, just wondering where you got the idea Hagan doesn't want a coaching job at CU?

Brian Howell talked about DH on the Buff Chat Monday. He thinks Hagan would love the job. I am not trying to rip you, just wondering where you got the idea Hagan doesn't want a coaching job at CU?
At one time he had family commitments that precluded him from working the necessary hours and spending the time on the road that being an AC requires. I have no idea if those circumstances are the same now as they were when he first moved out of coaching and into the "back office." I think he always loved coaching, but he definitely isn't the first husband/father to put family ahead of career.

I know we don't want a ST coordinator only but what about Bobby Hauck? Was HC St Montana and UNLV. Helps recruiting. Could throw him on TEs/OL to help out Bernardi.

Additionally Jake Cookus who kicked our ass last year from HI would be a decent get.

I haven't followed this thread enough so maybe I need to go back and see who everyone else has in the pool.

I think Hauck is one hell of a coach, and was surprised that he didn't have at least a little more success at UNLV.

However, I knew a guy that lived in Missoula when he was coach, and while the team was winning a lot, there were rampant talk about his program being dirty and him not being the cleanest, politically correct guy. Football isn't a sport full of angels, but the incidents with players on his team weren't smiled upon by Missoula...and he definitely didn't endear himself to the town/media during that time.

Not sure if he'd mesh well with HCMM, but I think Hauck has proven he can coach. It's all a moot point though, because I believe he was hired at SDState.

The never ending ex-Buff parade of potential coaches......

How about an up and coming Polynesian guy who is a good recruiter?

Dave Christensen will not return as Texas A&M's OL Coach & Run Game Coordinator.

Christensen was the guy behind that Mizzou offense that used to shred the Buffs as their OC. Then took the Wyoming HC job with mixed results. One year at Utah as OC/TE before leaving for aTm for the 2015 season.

3 jobs in 3 years is definitely concerning, but this is a smart coach. I'd look into him if I was HCMM.

Dave Christensen will not return as Texas A&M's OL Coach & Run Game Coordinator.

Christensen was the guy behind that Mizzou offense that used to shred the Buffs as their OC. Then took the Wyoming HC job with mixed results. One year at Utah as OC/TE before leaving for aTm for the 2015 season.

3 jobs in 3 years is definitely concerning, but this is a smart coach. I'd look into him if I was HCMM.

Also a confirmed asshole who's been underwhelming in recruiting and coaching since he left Mizzou in 2008. I bet Troy Calhoun would be happy to have him up the road in case he wants to throw down again.

I can't help but to remember last year about this time how Mac was bragging about players setting personal records in the weight room. Then, during the season, we got shoved around like Tonka Toys. How is the new guy going to change this trend?

Also a confirmed asshole who's been underwhelming in recruiting and coaching since he left Mizzou in 2008. I bet Troy Calhoun would be happy to have him up the road in case he wants to throw down again.

The guy is a total prick, that comes from a local kid who played at WY. The entire team mutinied and got him fired. It's hard to know if he was the brains at Mizzou or if it was Pinkel. Their offense hasn't been as good since Christenson left.
Utah didn't miss him and I think they were basically sick of him after one year as well. Then one year at aTm. Lots of bad signs.

The guy is a total prick, that comes from a local kid who played at WY. The entire team mutinied and got him fired. It's hard to know if he was the brains at Mizzou or if it was Pinkel. Their offense hasn't been as good since Christenson left.
Utah didn't miss him and I think they were basically sick of him after one year as well. Then one year at aTm. Lots of bad signs.
It's not hard to know. It was Pinkel. He needed an asshole as a right hand guy though. It's a crutch a lot of guys need, so it's not much of a knock on him.

Back