What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Or an Embree by hiring fellow alumns.

Austin
Held
Duval
Ruud

If in fact those four are UNL grads, then it is even more then what Embree did. I looked at Cubuffs.com and see three CU alums on Embree’s first staff: Bieniemy as OC, Cabral as LB, and Mcghee as DL coach.

Pattern recognition would indicate that Frost and the NU AD are making multiple rookie mistakes.

Nebraska fans are in fantasy land if they think that hiring Frost is going to restore them to the elite of college football. That program is no longer in a situation where that is in any way likely to happen.

With the size of his contract, his ties to the program, and the recent lack of continuity in the program though Frost will get a long rope. He will get time to find out if his assistants are up to the job and to replace them if they don't, and even at the size of the contracts they are giving the assistants if Frost says they need to go the boosters will find the money to make that happen.

This has all the makings of being very similar to M2 at CU with G5 assistants being in over their heads but there are two ways it could be very different.

First off MacIntyre's assistants didn't exactly light it up recruiting at San Jose either. The hit on a QB and a few others and developed a lot of kids, something that so far other than one year hasn't worked at CU. Frost and his staff recruited their butts off in Florida and he is leaving his successor with some very talented kids. When he was at Oregon he was a solid recruiter as well.

Secondly he also is likely much more willing to cut ties to guys who aren't cutting it on his staff. One of our well documented complaints with CU has been the unwillingness of MacIntyre to recognize that some of "his guys" aren't getting it done and replace them. Somehow I don't think Frost will be as hesitant to make changes.

Nebraska has a much stronger commitment to football than CU. It may be in crappy Lincoln, but they have the will to win. Will they consistently be in college football’s elite, probably not, but with their commitment they can be a very good football school if they have finally hired the right guy.

You read a lot about UNL. Hmmm.

Nebraska was a big part of our football successes and failures back 10-20 years ago and a lot of the guys Frost is associated with are familiar to me. I like to read articles about teams that we play in the next season, and I look at Nebraska in a different way, as my burning desire to beat those f**kers is pretty damn strong!!! I am glad that he thinks that a handful of local guys, and even more from his days at Northern Iowa are ready to bring the program back to life. I just want to make sure they stay crappy and we beat them. I could give a sh*t about them in 2020-2021, but right now, we need to beat them. Ironic that the past two COACHES OF THE YEAR will be meeting in that game, and their teams previous years records are 5-7, and 4-8. Should be a national TV wet dream!!!

Nebraska has a much stronger commitment to football than CU. It may be in crappy Lincoln, but they have the will to win. Will they consistently be in college football’s elite, probably not, but with their commitment they can be a very good football school if they have finally hired the right guy.

You are not wrong, but what happened back in 1994-1997 will never happen again for a team like Nebraska because so many things were in their favor. First and foremost, Oklahoma was going through a down time period, and thus were not the rival they once were. Also, there was no Oklahoma State with big money and a commitment to win, there was no Missouri, and besides Colorado and Bill Snyder's Kansas State, the conference was a guaranteed 4-5 easy wins. Also, Nebraska used to schedule the easiest OOC schedule and in 1994, the three teams they played were .500 teams and did not end the season they way they were predicted to win at the pre-season polls. Were those Nebraska teams really, really good, yes they were very legenday. But, the rest of the country was not as committed to Football as Nebraska was, and thus the opportunity to have great success with a very good coaching staff was had. The moment that Osborne quit, and the coaching staff started to have turnover, and the rest of the College Football world (mainly the mid to lower parts of each conference) became way more committed to this crazy college football world we now live in and thus, it will be a miracle if they could ever even sniff that kind of success. Also, the move to the Big 10 for them was a big mistake!!! No more Texas recruiting base, and they went from the top dog, to sucking on Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and even Wisconsin's teets. Also, Lincoln sucks!!! What Alabama and now Clemson are doing in today's game is unbelievable and I hope they both are cheating or something, so they can be knocked down from their penthouses.

You are not wrong, but what happened back in 1994-1997 will never happen again for a team like Nebraska because so many things were in their favor. First and foremost, Oklahoma was going through a down time period, and thus were not the rival they once were. Also, there was no Oklahoma State with big money and a commitment to win, there was no Missouri, and besides Colorado and Bill Snyder's Kansas State, the conference was a guaranteed 4-5 easy wins. Also, Nebraska used to schedule the easiest OOC schedule and in 1994, the three teams they played were .500 teams and did not end the season they way they were predicted to win at the pre-season polls. Were those Nebraska teams really, really good, yes they were very legenday. But, the rest of the country was not as committed to Football as Nebraska was, and thus the opportunity to have great success with a very good coaching staff was had. The moment that Osborne quit, and the coaching staff started to have turnover, and the rest of the College Football world (mainly the mid to lower parts of each conference) became way more committed to this crazy college football world we now live in and thus, it will be a miracle if they could ever even sniff that kind of success. Also, the move to the Big 10 for them was a big mistake!!! No more Texas recruiting base, and they went from the top dog, to sucking on Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and even Wisconsin's teets. Also, Lincoln sucks!!! What Alabama and now Clemson are doing in today's game is unbelievable and I hope they both are cheating or something, so they can be knocked down from their penthouses.

Texas was still good, and A&M was also very solid at that point. I don't know if it's that complicated there. I keep talking about how bad that fanbase is-and this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. If they're going to bowls yearly and contending for their division title more often than not, that fanbase should be pretty happy. They're not. Until they come to grips with what they are at this point, they're going to have a hard time.

SIAP, but look slike Dykes will be the next coach at SMU. Originally offered the job to Sumlin but he turned it down.

Back