What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Pretty sure UCLA doesn't have the pull for Franklin, and Sumlin really? Did they miss that game earlier this season where UCLA was down by 50 to A&M and ended up winning? Surely someone at UCLA saw that UCLA game.

ac548c836e05137d3c4f3350e279afbc.gif

Reset, post-UCLA

Open jobs:

Florida- Jim McElwain out. Randy Shannon interim HC. Reports over the weekend Chip Kelly was hired. But then UCLA opened. UF still in play, but Chip got to the altar, and balked....Frost, Taggart, Strong and Gundy are names thrown about.
Ga. Southern- Tyson Summers out. Tee Martin has shown interest ( I forget who posted this, so h/t to somebody)
Ole Miss- Hugh Freeze out. Taggart offered, and said no. Mullen and Strong also mentioned, but IMO unlikely. MikMac and Troy Calhoun also mentioned.
Oregon St.- Gary Anderson out, Butch Davis is a name. Les Miles was supposedly in Corvallis recently. Beau Baldwin Cal OC and Jonathon Smith UW OC mentioned Bronco Mendenhall and Jim McElawin also. Do they have sharks in Corvallis?
UTEP- Kugler out, Mike Price in for a repeat.
Tennessee- Food Cart out (h/t 89Buff89). Gruden is the brass ring and has met with the AD Currie. Mullen, Fleck, Fisher, Frost, Leach (yes, you heard that right), Brohm, Schiano, Cutcliffe and the Petrino are rumors floating. This one is hard to follow.
UCLA- Mora out. (h/t Tractor) Chip Kelly holds the UF phone, Sumlin, Franklin, Babers mentioned.

Early list of probables:

KU- Beaty KU Pres. gives AD and Beaty the dreaded vote of confidence.
NU- Riley coordinates loss numero seven, eliminating the corn from bowl contention. Scott Frost, 7 years $35M (h/t AllStar Buff) the current rumor, though the golden boy denies. Moos? Leach? That would be weird.
Arky- Bielema lost to Miss St.. AD Jeff Long canned. (h/t DuffMan) Bielema is a dead man walking. Malzahn, Norvell, Miles, Aranda and Leach mentioned.
aTm- Sources are saying Sumlin is done and that aTm will pursue Jimbo Fisher, who is apparently tight with the aTm AD and allegedly Fisher is tired of Tallahassee. I'll believe that when I see it, but there it is. Gary Patterson TCU and Matt Campbell ISU mentioned.

I took Rich Rod (AZ), TGraham (Stripper U), Odom (Mizzou) off the list of probables. Also Malzahn (Aub.); the Tigers beat #1 UGA, if that (and/or beating Bama [suck it BuffedUp]) doesn't save his job, nothing will.

About half the reports are that Kelly wants to hear what UCLA has to offer, but still reading reports that the deal to Florida is done. Florida’s 247 guy is reporting the deal is done and they will announce it before too long. Who knows tho lol.

Mullen to interview for Tennessee.

About half the reports are that Kelly wants to hear what UCLA has to offer, but still reading reports that the deal to Florida is done. Florida’s 247 guy is reporting the deal is done and they will announce it before too long. Who knows tho lol.

Mullen to interview for Tennessee.
If the deal was done, it would be announced. Neither party has a reason related to this season to keep it under wraps and every reason to get a jump on recruiting. Therefore, it's not done.

I have seen the Fisher to aTm thing for a few weeks now. I can't see that one. It would be pure hilarity, but unlikely IMO. Mullen to Tennessee makes all the sense in the world. Mullen to aTm, Mullen to Arky do as well. He is probably in the best position outside Kelly and Gruden to call his shot.

Idk, it sounds like there was a whole process in order to get Chip. Not only did the SEC have to approve it, but there’s a bunch of ESPN stuff to get figured out as well as 49ers stuff. I hear ya, but Florida’s 247 guy is a lot like Adam, he doesn’t say **** just to get subscribers like a lot of Rivals guys do. If Adam was saying it’s a done deal but that there’s a little more to the process before they can officially announce it, I’d believe him. Especially when all of their commits are suggesting something lol.

I have seen the Fisher to aTm thing for a few weeks now. I can't see that one. It would be pure hilarity, but unlikely IMO. Mullen to Tennessee makes all the sense in the world. Mullen to aTm, Mullen to Arky do as well. He is probably in the best position outside Kelly and Gruden to call his shot.
I thought it made sense for him to go to LSU last year actually just to prevent things getting too stale.

Tennessee is going to get their Plan F coach. Easily the program which has lost the most with so many other jobs open.
As I said (and others said) at least a month ago: Tennessee's process is to spin its wheels courting Gruden until that falls apart and then scramble to find the guy they'll actually end up hiring.

Calhoun gets mentioned every year and one of these days he just might go, especially as his support at the AFA administratively tends to go up and down depending on who is wearing the stars down there at the time.

If he goes though he isn't going to go to a situation like Ol' Miss. He very much buys into the integrity ethos that is promoted at the Academy. He isn't going to go into a culture that has the kind of issues that they have at in Mississipi.

I don’t think Frost to NU is a sure thing. There are always a bunch of “sure things” and “done deals” that end up never coming to fruition.

Too many warning sirens in Lincoln right now. That’s a program in trouble.

a friend texted me - Fisher to UCLA is a possibility...not Jimbo but Jeff. If that's the case - ****.YES. I hate UCLA football since we've joined the PAC, and I would love for them to get another underwhelming, mediocre college coach. (I actually like Jeff Fisher, but think he'd suck in college)

I don’t think Frost to NU is a sure thing. There are always a bunch of “sure things” and “done deals” that end up never coming to fruition.

Too many warning sirens in Lincoln right now. That’s a program in trouble.

Frost to Nebraska is a 99.9% sure thing. There are lots of complications in that Scott really wants to finish this season in peace with UCF to make sure those kids have a very unforgettable season before he leaves. Do not be surprised to see Troy Walters trying to stay there and be the HC. As soon as this Saturday morning comes, Riley will be fired and unfortunately as much as everyone is in a hurry, they cannot announce Frost yet, so it will be interesting to see how Bill Moos handles it. Osborne and all the rest of the so called Legacy Coalition is pushing for this to happen. I do see a 7 year - $35 million dollar deal happening, and I think they will give him a lot of leash and a lot of patience for at least 4-5 years before judgement. Funny thing is that the idiots in Nebraska are already saying that a new coach can get the program COMPETING for a Big 10 Championship in 2-3 years!!! I do not think they realize how far away they are from being even relevant. The Husker Defense does not even have a single player that is NFL worthy, or 1st or 2nd team Big 10! Their roster is less talented than ours by a few steps. The best player on the team is JD Spielman, a slot receiver, who will likely get to the NFL since his dad is the Vikings GM. You will notice that not many of the other big time jobs are already not speculating on Frost because they know it is pretty much a done deal. He has endless amount of leverage with the Fuskers and the contract is life changing money win or lose. There is a .1% chance he stays at UCF though!!!

I’m under no illusions that he will stay at UCF. I just think there’s a possibility that he will end up somewhere not named “Nebraska”.

I’m under no illusions that he will stay at UCF. I just think there’s a possibility that he will end up somewhere not named “Nebraska”.
If Jimbo left Florida State and FSU offered, he'd be insane to take Nebraska.

Back