What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

I see frost struggling at nu and they wind up in the same situation we were in with Embree,.trying to fire one of your own. They will give him a couple of years though.

Coaches weigh in on whether Chip Kelly should go to Florida or UCLA

It looks like the unanimous thought is that UCLA is the better fit. He knows the Pac-12 landscape and with recruiting the prospects in the footprint will mostly come to him. But the biggest factor they bring up is that Kelly doesn't love the spotlight. In Los Angeles, he's one of many celebrities. He can go to dinner without having people rush his table for conversation and photos. In Gainesville, he is the biggest celebrity and everyone will want a piece of his time. He won't be able to have a private life. That doesn't suit him.

After reading that piece, I'm thinking that UCLA is the right choice for Kelly.

I see frost struggling at nu and they wind up in the same situation we were in with Embree,.trying to fire one of your own. They will give him a couple of years though.
Frost is far more qualified to run a P5 program than Embree ever was and he is a pretty good recruiter. Nebraska has been pulling in top 25-30 recruiting classes the last 2-3 years and is probably on pace to do so again this year, with freaking Mike Riley as their HC and marginal success on the field. I'm afraid that Frost would elevate their recruiting even more, while being a much better coach.

Frost to Nebraska is a 99.9% sure thing. There are lots of complications in that Scott really wants to finish this season in peace with UCF to make sure those kids have a very unforgettable season before he leaves. Do not be surprised to see Troy Walters trying to stay there and be the HC. As soon as this Saturday morning comes, Riley will be fired and unfortunately as much as everyone is in a hurry, they cannot announce Frost yet, so it will be interesting to see how Bill Moos handles it. Osborne and all the rest of the so called Legacy Coalition is pushing for this to happen. I do see a 7 year - $35 million dollar deal happening, and I think they will give him a lot of leash and a lot of patience for at least 4-5 years before judgement. Funny thing is that the idiots in Nebraska are already saying that a new coach can get the program COMPETING for a Big 10 Championship in 2-3 years!!! I do not think they realize how far away they are from being even relevant. The Husker Defense does not even have a single player that is NFL worthy, or 1st or 2nd team Big 10! Their roster is less talented than ours by a few steps. The best player on the team is JD Spielman, a slot receiver, who will likely get to the NFL since his dad is the Vikings GM. You will notice that not many of the other big time jobs are already not speculating on Frost because they know it is pretty much a done deal. He has endless amount of leverage with the Fuskers and the contract is life changing money win or lose. There is a .1% chance he stays at UCF though!!!

Is this opinion or do you have inside information? Just curious.

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Gallery/Coaching-Search-Hot-Board-10-Names-In-The-Mix-For-The-Ole-Miss-Job-110797208/

"We're hearing Bobo is more of a serious candidate for the Ole Miss job than one might imagine. Ole Miss likes him, and they like the fact he has an SEC pedigree.We think he has emerged as a top-tier candidate for the job, maybe even in the top three. He is someone to pay attention to."

Lmao, what?

Following the Ole Miss search is amusing as their targets get worse and worse. Doesn't sound like MacIntyre's a real candidate anymore, hard to sell his record I guess. If Norvell chooses Ole Miss, he's crazy, he can do better.

Union's post about Montana made me think of another former DII HC. Craig Bohl won 3 straight national titles at NDSU and is a former husker. Guy is winning, albeit not incredibly, at Wyoming, and seems to be a solid coach. I wonder if he is in line for a job upgrade after next year, and if Nebraska has him in sights - not this year, but for when they fire their next HC.

Union's post about Montana made me think of another former DII HC. Craig Bohl won 3 straight national titles at NDSU and is a former husker. Guy is winning, albeit not incredibly, at Wyoming, and seems to be a solid coach. I wonder if he is in line for a job upgrade after next year, and if Nebraska has him in sights - not this year, but for when they fire their next HC.
Will he still be alive then? He’s no spring chicken.

Not a P5 job but definitely very interesting....

Bob Stitt fired at Montana
Went 7-4, but lost to Montana State and missed FCS playoffs for 2nd straight year. His offensive ranks this year are the following:

Passing Offense - 11th/123 (305 ypg)
Rushing Offense - 60th (150 ypg)
Total Offense - 10th (455 ypg)
Scoring Offense - 17th (35 ppg)

Wouldn't mind him being brought in to replace Lindgren and coach QBs.

Went 7-4, but lost to Montana State and missed FCS playoffs for 2nd straight year. His offensive ranks this year are the following:

Stitt's offense: A River Runs Through It.

Delaney was his predecessor and at least made it to the playoffs. The last coach we all probably remember though is Pflugrad (before Delaney), who suffered from infractions from Bobby Hauck's tenure in addition to his own. The rape scandal happened under Pflugrad. If nothing else, people on these boards will remember his daughter, the Oregon cheerleader.

As long as you don't want him to recruit. He doesn't like doing it.

Stitt would be at the top of my list if CU decided to go in another direction at OC.

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Gallery/Coaching-Search-Hot-Board-10-Names-In-The-Mix-For-The-Ole-Miss-Job-110797208/

"We're hearing Bobo is more of a serious candidate for the Ole Miss job than one might imagine. Ole Miss likes him, and they like the fact he has an SEC pedigree.We think he has emerged as a top-tier candidate for the job, maybe even in the top three. He is someone to pay attention to."

Lmao, what?

Following the Ole Miss search is amusing as their targets get worse and worse. Doesn't sound like MacIntyre's a real candidate anymore, hard to sell his record I guess. If Norvell chooses Ole Miss, he's crazy, he can do better.
Interesting. Most of those names are not going to Ole Miss given the NCAA hammer hanging over the Rebels' head. I think one of the lesser lights will end up with the job there, Calhoun, Bobo, Hopson, Brown, and yes, MikMac are most likely.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the previous coach got fired for losing and Stitt had a winning record there?
Not sure how long he's been there but 7-4 the last three years including this year. And one of those losses each year is the annual body bag victim to an FBS team (this year it was Washington).

7-4 (or 3 depending how you look at it) is a pretty good record in my book. Either the Grizzlies have really high expectations (I have no idea if they are justified or not in having higher expectations), or something else is going on.

Not sure how long he's been there but 7-4 the last three years including this year. And one of those losses each year is the annual body bag victim to an FBS team (this year it was Washington).

7-4 (or 3 depending how you look at it) is a pretty good record in my book. Either the Grizzlies have really high expectations (I have no idea if they are justified or not in having higher expectations), or something else is going on.
Just some brief reading on it and missing the FCS playoffs two straight years, along with losing to Montana State two straight years is the biggest issue. First time they've missed the playoffs for 2 straight years since 1991 and 1992.

Just saw on the ESPNU ticker that Oregon State has contacted interim UCLA HC Jedd Fisch about the Beavers job.

Craig bohl was the defensive coordintor responsible for our 62-36 beatdown. Nebraska isnt hiring craig bohl.

Back