What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

TCU does not release his salary, but it is rumored to be well inside the top 10. No reason for him to leave now that TCU has firmly established itself in the Big 12.
What I heard is that if the SEC expands, they'll look to TCU and the DFW market as a main target if they can't get UT. They wouldn't want Baylor. So it looks like TCU will remain a really great job no matter what happens to the Big 12 down the road. With that, though, it's probably no coincidence that Patterson didn't sign beyond when the next media rights period hits.

I don't think they can keep him after lobbying so publicly for Frost. He may be their best option, though.

Doesn't seem to me like they have a backup plan-Mike Leach probably has a better job right now.......and he can keep coaching in Pullman as long as he wants.

Doesn't seem to me like they have a backup plan-Mike Leach probably has a better job right now.......and he can keep coaching in Pullman as long as he wants.
Yeah, the “Leach to Lincoln” speculation is a head scratcher. No idea why he would do that. Forget the obvious part about stepping into a dumpster fire. The offense he runs is antithetical to the type of offense that the nubs fans want. Talk about a horrible fit. He’s in his wheelhouse in Pullman. He can coach there for another 20 years if he wants to.

Yeah, the “Leach to Lincoln” speculation is a head scratcher. No idea why he would do that. Forget the obvious part about stepping into a dumpster fire. The offense he runs is antithetical to the type of offense that the nubs fans want. Talk about a horrible fit. He’s in his wheelhouse in Pullman. He can coach there for another 20 years if he wants to.
Not suggesting it's going to happen but the allure is that his longtime AD at Wazzu is now the AD at NU.

Not suggesting it's going to happen but the allure is that his longtime AD at Wazzu is now the AD at NU.
Thanks. I guess I knew that, but totally forgot it. I can’t see how that makes enough of a difference, but maybe it could. Leach in Lincoln just seems horrible.

To be honest, the coach Id like to see most there is Dan Hawkins.

I think Bill Callahan should be re-hired.
Callahan is coaching in the NFL somewhere as an OC (I think). He probably would do as well or better than Riley has. The funniest part about Callahan was that he was their sixth or seventh choice. He wasn’t even on their initial board. Total screw up from day one on that hire. Let’s hope they do something similar this time.

Was wondering the same thing about Riley. After the game or tomorrow but he is a dead man walking in that job. They probably end up with a worse option because my guess is Frost ends up in Gaineaville. Not many are going to be willing to head to Lincoln and it is dropping like a rock when you compare other coaching options.

Bielema, maybe, but that would rile the natives.
He’d be a good hire there, IMO. I hope they don’t hire him. I’m not sure what happened in Arkansas, but I always liked his Wisconsin teams. I’d really hate to see him reproduce that.

It would be a better fit for him than Arkansas (imo), but the AD might have a hard time selling it.
Why?

Just because of his record at Arkansas? If so, those people are dumber than a box of wet hammers.

No. Wait for it. Co-Head Coaches.
I like where you are going here.

Perhaps it is time for CU to do some innovation. They can implement an anarcho-syndicalist coaching commune where they have all the coaches take turns to act as sort of executive officer or head coach for the week. Of course, the game plan would need to be ratified at special weekly meetings and approved by simple majority. For recruiting decisions, it would require a two-thirds majority.

It could work.

I like where you are going here.

Perhaps it is time for CU to do some innovation. They can implement with anarcho-syndicalist coaching commune where they have all the coaches take turns to act as sort of executive officer or head coach for the week. Of course, the game plan would need to be ratified at special weekly meetings and approved by simple majority. For recruiting decisions, it would require a two-thirds majority.

It could work.
I order you to be quiet!

Back