What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Callahan is coaching in the NFL somewhere as an OC (I think). He probably would do as well or better than Riley has. The funniest part about Callahan was that he was their sixth or seventh choice. He wasn’t even on their initial board. Total screw up from day one on that hire. Let’s hope they do something similar this time.
he is the Assistant HC/Offensive Line Coach for the Washington Redskins

I think it is legitimate to question how good he is as a coach.
I hope you’re right, but I often wonder how bad a coach has to be to lose to Nick Saban. Seems like everybody loses to him, and then beats the snot out of each other. I tend to think he was caught up in a numbers game in the SEC West that he couldn’t extricate himself from.

But maybe he just sucks.

It's very relevant to be looking at Arkansas and Oregon State right now and asking ourselves if Wisconsin is 90% Barry Alvarez whether or not he's still the HC for football.
Point taken.

I’ll stop worrying about the nibletts hiring Bielema.

I hope you’re right, but I often wonder how bad a coach has to be to lose to Nick Saban. Seems like everybody loses to him, and then beats the snot out of each other. I tend to think he was caught up in a numbers game in the SEC West that he couldn’t extricate himself from.

But maybe he just sucks.

He did not get fired for losing to Nick Saban. He won 11 conference games over five seasons, that is not explained away by Saban.

Anderson's actually a real journalist at Bleacher Report. This isn't some pretend journalist writing for the Nebraska br site.

Anderson's actually a real journalist at Bleacher Report. This isn't some pretend journalist writing for the Nebraska br site.

Honestly, listening to his post game on the field, it was very obvious he is gone. He said the right things, but very much out the door.

The best thing that Nebraska can hope for is that Frost does win the AAC and is undefeated, and of course does not get selected to the playoff, because then it is obvious that no matter what he does for UCF, they cannot EVER win a National Championship. He did his job for the school and deserves to move on. There will be another good young coach that will get to continue that program. I hope it is Troy Walters because I do not want him on the sidelines next September coaching against us!!!

They said during the UCF game that Frost is going to be meeting with Florida this weekend.

Florida has had egg on their face this whole process tho so lol. Frost’s agent is doing a great job and going to get his man PAID.

I wonder if someone's going to take a chance on Neal Brown, HC at Troy. Only 37, but he'd already been OC at Texas Tech and Kentucky before taking the Troy job. 4-8 his first year followed by 10-3 last year and 9-2 so far this year.

Frost really trying not to make himself the story instead of his players during an undefeated season. I respect that. (And of course he or his agent are going to take a meeting with Florida.)

How much danger is Kingsbury in if he loses to UT and misses a bowl game again?

2 bowl games in 5 years, a .333 winning percentage in conference just right around .500 overall. Very similar to Tuberville's numbers at TT and he only lasted 3 years.
Yeah. And it looks worse if you take out that first season when he had Baker Mayfield and Davis Webb on the roster. He's really popular in Lubbock despite the record, though. And I think his buyout is pretty big still. That's why I wasn't sure. Seems like it could go either way.

ALl of those Texas schools have money, there is no reason to give him another year.

Edit: I wasn’t scared about Sumlin to ucla but is Kliff goes with him as his OC that would hurt us.

ALl of those Texas schools have money, there is no reason to give him another year.

Edit: I wasn’t scared about Sumlin to ucla but is Kliff goes with him as his OC that would hurt us.

Well in that case, let's hire Sumlin and Kliff ourselves, lol.

If Kliff is looking for a job, my guess is that he'd go straight to Memphis as soon as Norvell gets hired away, win 8-10 games per for 2-3 years, and then get another P5 HC job.

The Bielema to NU chatter screams they were so far up the ass of Frost they didn't have a plan B......and its hilarious.

FootballScoop doesn't seem so sure that Frost is going to Nebraska.

Nebraska: Lars Anderson of Bleacher Report notes tonight his source tells him Scott Frost to Nebraska is a done deal. Anderson holds himself out as having deep connections to Nebraska. For what it is worth, sources tell FootballScoop Florida officials feel very confident in their ability to secure Frost as their next head coach. All of this comes after many, many coaches told FootballScoop Chip Kelly plans to choose UCLA over Florida.

Back