What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

I only bring it up because Clay Travis was talking about it on his podcast today. He said Tennessee and Florida (he's a huge UT guy) are the best jobs out of those 10, by far, but admitted Florida probably isn't dumping McElwain. He said he believes Bob Stoops or Chip Kelly will be the HC at Tennessee next year.

Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
LSU
Mizzou
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Tennessee
Texas A&M
UCLA

All programs that could be looking for new HCs next year. Which is the best job?
Florida, but I honestly don't think McElwain is going anywhere soon.

I only bring it up because Clay Travis was talking about it on his podcast today. He said Tennessee and Florida (he's a huge UT guy) are the best jobs out of those 10, by far, but admitted Florida probably isn't dumping McElwain. He said he believes Bob Stoops or Chip Kelly will be the HC at Tennessee next year.
Did he happen to comment on boobs?

Why would Florida be ditching Sparkles?

I agree with Duff Florida is probably the best job on that list right now.

Agree also that Florida would be the best job but I also agree that unless things just fall apart they aren't going to dump him this year.

He has won the division each of the past two years and is 14-3 in conference. He has an excuse with the suspensions if they fall off this year but beating Food Cart this week already gave him a solid start.

Tennessee and Texas AM are mega jobs and it is amazing they have not been able to be in playoff chase. Unbelievable amount of fan and booster commitment. 100,000 seat stadiums that are always full. Great recruiting areas. Great ambassadors (Von Miller / Peyton Manning) Both of those jobs are far above any other jobs in terms of the right person could become a legacy coach!!! I am not sure if MM would ever get to this point, but if somebody thinks he is, then I would go there.

If there is one thing that all of us need to admit out loud as CU Fans is that while playing in Boulder at Folsom is special and is a tough task, we are barely getting a consistent 45,000 fans to games! All the other super powers have 70,000 - 100,000+ fans at every game no matter what. There is still a hurdle to cross right there.

Tennessee and Texas AM are mega jobs and it is amazing they have not been able to be in playoff chase. Unbelievable amount of fan and booster commitment. 100,000 seat stadiums that are always full. Great recruiting areas. Great ambassadors (Von Miller / Peyton Manning) Both of those jobs are far above any other jobs in terms of the right person could become a legacy coach!!! I am not sure if MM would ever get to this point, but if somebody thinks he is, then I would go there.

If there is one thing that all of us need to admit out loud as CU Fans is that while playing in Boulder at Folsom is special and is a tough task, we are barely getting a consistent 45,000 fans to games! All the other super powers have 70,000 - 100,000+ fans at every game no matter what. There is still a hurdle to cross right there.

Both schools have the resources to win a NC. I don't think either is in the elite level they think they are but the potential is there.

The HC who could lead either on to the NC, and it would only take one, would be never have to buy another meal or drink in his life. He could retire and make a good living off appearances and car commercials.

Eddy O made sure to negotiate hilariously high buyouts for this year (12.5m) and next (8m). Bielema also a high buyout iirc.

Orgeron was always going to be the case study on trying to win games through your coordinators. He feels like a strength coach who is all personality but not much for x’s and o’s and actual position coaching. Where someone like Dabo clearly has a knack for WRs even if he isn’t the brightest coach either.

Apparently Stoops has started following many UT recruits on twitter FWIW

https://www.heartlandcollegesports....arted-following-tennessee-commits-on-twitter/

There might be bias in this forum.
It is a great question, though. The dynamics are not the same as they used to be. I mentioned this when I called out Surveyor last weekend:

1) No more ability to accept less academically qualified students than other schools
2) No more connection to Texas for recruiting

Combine that with a myopic booster base and admin that fires coaches for consistently delivering 9+ win seasons year in and year out, and coaches with other options will, well, take the other options.

Les Miles’ son is a walk-on on the team and he feels like a B1G coach. Ferentz/Miles punting matchups every year would be LIT.

I think they’re going all in on Frost tho. I hate everything they stand for, but Riley showed they can still recruit. It’s a crappy job but a former player like Frost would get a better chance to succeed than anyone else.

They should be able to make a decent hire, but they might shoot way too high.
I thought that AD did a great job with the search/interview process last time, they just missed out on Bielma and Wittingham after interviewing them and were screwed. If he would have landed either of those two I think they would be in a way different spot right now. The biggest question is who is going to want to take over that AD, seems like a really tough job.

People on Twitter talking about Chip Kelly going there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to people wondering if Kelly would go to Georgia State if that job opens up.

Nebraska, as a program and a fanbase, just needs to stop living in the past and accept that they haven't been truly relevant in one and a half decades. The game has passed them by and they're not nearly as big and important these days as they think they are. The parallels between Nebraska and Liverpool FC are very, very striking.

Back