What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Are we really going to blackball someone over a single un-corroborated hearsay accusation? Is that what we do now?
yep. I was having a discussion with another poster on the politics board who stated with certainty that Bill Clinton was a rapist based on one person's accusation, even though that accusation contradicted an earlier sworn deposition. The poster was so confident, he even went on to state that he assumed "everyone knew Clinton was a rapist"

Doesn't everyone hate duke basketball? Their football inspires yawns.
in general I dislike private schools. specifically, I dislike religious schools.

I don't hate Duke.

their basketball fans are true fans. their football fans know better than to care. they graduate their players in all sports. Cameron is is old and venerable (vs being "old and outdated") and Wallace Wade once hosted the Rose Bowl.

yep. I was having a discussion with another poster on the politics board who stated with certainty that Bill Clinton was a rapist based on one person's accusation, even though that accusation contradicted an earlier sworn deposition. The poster was so confident, he even went on to state that he assumed "everyone knew Clinton was a rapist"
Pls recall the time between McQuerry and Schiano was eight years. That’s aged hearsay. Pitiful.

If Tenn fires Currie, they better get a NDA, otherwise they aren’t protected (according to McCann tweet)

My question though is this.

The NDA would protect them against Currie talking to the media or initiating contact with Schianos people. I am wondering though what value it would have should the case go into litigation.

A judge isn't going to accept the idea that a key witness can't testify because he signed an NDA. Again unless it is covered under professional privilege such as attorney/client, physician/ patient, or the confessional with an ordained religious clergy member you can't buy silence no matter what gets signed.

I haven't read the book I believe you're referring to (there is another one with a less negative slant), but to be fair, I hope you also hate Notre Dame, Stanford, Ivy Leagues, and well...just about all big time college sports, which the older I get, I definitely do at times.

Eighty (80) Duke faculty members signed a letter condemning the coach (who lost his job) and the program a week after the lying "victim" (who is currently in prison for later killing her boyfriend) made the accusations against the players. You can support any school you want to my friend but Duke is a corrupt institution in my opinion. This is not one of those "they all do it" type of events. BTW there is also an excellent 30 For 30 on it.

My question though is this.

The NDA would protect them against Currie talking to the media or initiating contact with Schianos people. I am wondering though what value it would have should the case go into litigation.

A judge isn't going to accept the idea that a key witness can't testify because he signed an NDA. Again unless it is covered under professional privilege such as attorney/client, physician/ patient, or the confessional with an ordained religious clergy member you can't buy silence no matter what gets signed.
An NDA is a legal civil contract. If you violate it, the contract spells out the damages that you may be liable for. An NDA does not exempt you from providing testimony when compelled by a court of law. Depending on the language in the NDA, you may have to provide notice to the other party that you are being compelled to provide the information. They may be able to petition the court to prevent the information from being disclosed but in the end, if the judge rules that the information must be provided, you will have to provide it or risk being held in contempt.

Hal Mumme is reported to be leaving his head coach job at Bellhaven and is interested in being a coordinator. With his background as a pioneer in the Air Raid system, would there be any interest in replacing Lingren with him?

Irony in that thread how UT fans suddenly concerned that no decent coach might go there. While apparently CU fans ready to move on from national coach of the year. Take about putting AD in position to fail!

Hal Mumme is reported to be leaving his head coach job at Bellhaven and is interested in being a coordinator. With his background as a pioneer in the Air Raid system, would there be any interest in replacing Lingren with him?
So, do we now need to worry that Bellhaven might make a run at HCMM?

already starting to feel like a typical CU football offseason. We are the AD and team that always shows up to the dance last. HCMM or RG needs to come out and have an end of season report and get the fans re energized. We need some kind of info on who to support? Is MM the guy? or not? If not? then cut bait and lets get to fishing. If He is the guy? Someone needs to shut all these rumors down and get to freakn work.

The fact that Jason Witten was even mentioned as a possibility tells you all you need to know about this search.
I used to think CU set the bar for mishandling a HC situation with GB, then HaLk, then Embree. Now I see UT was just biding their time, waiting; not to drop a grenade in their own foxhole, but rather an A-bomb.

Reset

Filled jobs:

fUCLA- They strike hard and fast, grabbing the brass ring and landing Chip Kelly. h/t Jens.
Oregon St. - Cal OC Beau Baldwin tapped for the job. A good hire IMO. h/t nik UPDATE: not so fast, they may still be looking. All AC's, except Cory Hall, fired and told to evacuate the athletic building.
UF- Mullen is in, per ESPN.
Ole Miss- Matt Luke it is. h/t nik.

Open jobs:

ASU- Graham out. h/t Jens, Pat Narduzzi rumored to be the man. Derek Mason now ramping up. (h/t nik)
NU- Riley out. h/t Jens. Apparently all in on Frost, after that, who knows? Campbell, Fuente,?
Arky- Bielema out, ****canned as he walked off the field. Malzahn still has remarkable traction, if not him, probably Norvell or Chad Morriss. LOoking tohire AD within the week and HC a week after that.
Kent St.- Paul Haynes out. h/t mdelpizzo
Ga. Southern- Tyson Summers out. Tee Martin has shown interest ( I forget who posted this, so h/t to somebody)
UTEP- Kugler out, Mike Price in for a repeat.
South Alabama- Joey Jones out
aTm- Sumlin out. Rumored to have offered Jimbo Fisher.

Probable-

Rice- Bailiff likely to be let go.

Secondary market:

Miss. St.- Mullen leaves for UF. Jeremy Pruitt, Manny Diaz and Brent Venables, Joe Moorhead, Chad Morris and Larry Fedora, although I can't imagine why Fedora would leave UNC for MSU.

In a category all their own:

Tennessee- After enduring Grudcon 1, Rocky Top suffers a case of Grudon dysfunction. Greg Schiano signs a MOU, Vols go absolutely ape**** with legislators, former players, talk show hosts and dog catchers protesting Schiano pedophile allegations. Schiano is told "no thanks" and Schiano's agent, in his best Ray Liotta voice from Goodfellas says "Screw you, pay me." Currie the AD, after having to **** backwards on the issue, is now searching, again. No way Gruden leaves his lofty perch to step in that collective pile of dog doo. Who would? A complete hot mess with a side of vitriol. Fun to watch, unless you are a Vol. Kiffin trolling them mercilessly. Food cart watching the city burn from afar.....UPDATE: Cutcliffe at Duke says no thanks. (h/t Ruckus). Now chasing Mike Gundy, who spurned them in 2012 (h/t Austin Cameron). I don't think they get Gundy this time either. Leach? Brohm? MikMac? I think anybody will think long and hard about taking this job.

Other news:
TCU- Extended GPat trough 2024 h/t nik
TTU- KliffyK safe h/t onealcd
KU- Beaty confirmed to be back next year.
Mizzou- Barry Odom set for extension.​

I used to think CU set the bar for mishandling a HC situation with GB, then HaLk, then Embree. Now I see UT was just biding their time, waiting; not to drop a grenade in their own foxhole, but rather an A-bomb.
It was a close race to prove who was more incompetent between CU and UT but UT is really determined to prove that they can set the standard.

Back