What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

My guess is that all of this is being leaked by all of these coaches agents. They are playing this game masterfully and Tennessee is the puppet.

Lol. Tee Martin's wikipedia page says he's the current coach at Tennessee.

I don't see how in the world UT can hand the reins of an SEC FB program to a guy who has never been a HC at any level, local legend or not. But, I am sure it is equally true, if Tee Martin isn't the hire, a large section of the UT fan base will riot. Good times.

The risk is other things like, QB play. You see a place do what Mac did, insert a true frosh QB in desperation and ride that growth.

That is true in part. Mac kept Aunese as his starter throughout the season and played Hagan in spot duty. Of course it backfired in the bowl game playing Hagan as his poor play allowed BYU to get the comeback victory. But boy-oh-boy did Mac ever “ride the growth” with Hagan starting the next season.

I don't see how in the world UT can hand the reins of an SEC FB program to a guy who has never been a HC at any level, local legend or not. But, I am sure it is equally true, if Tee Martin isn't the hire, a large section of the UT fan base will riot. Good times.

To steal a line from Duff's playbook: If he didn't go to UT, would they want him?

:ROFLMAO:

My guess is Tee Martin is offered next.

That unfortunately has to be there only choice I should think. No one high profile is going to accept after the Schiano debacle. So, only an alum and or former program player can accept without getting roundly booed and harassed. At least not until the middle of the 1-10 season....

That unfortunately has to be there only choice I should think. No one high profile is going to accept after the Schiano debacle. So, only an alum and or former program player can accept without getting roundly booed and harassed. At least not until the middle of the 1-10 season....

usatsi_9774370_168381516_lowres.jpg

This guy would probably take that job..........

Vol co-worker is convinced it is Sumlin/Chavis. So basically aTm's staff (who has a below .500 record in the SEC over the last 5 years). Pretty weak if that is who they get.

Kelly keeping 3 offensive assistants at UCLA. Jimmie Dougherty (WR), DeShaun Foster (RB) and Hank Fraley (OL). Have to think Helfrich is on the way in as OC/QB.

Kelly keeping 3 offensive assistants at UCLA. Jimmie Dougherty (WR), DeShaun Foster (RB) and Hank Fraley (OL). Have to think Helfrich is on the way in as OC/QB.

Why would Helfrich take 2 steps back from HC to a QB coach? No way anybody other then Chip Kelly is going to run the offense regardless of position titles.

Jim Bob Cooter played at Tennessee. He was convicted of whatever charge you get for climbing through a woman's bedroom window in the middle of the night with nefarious intent is when he lived in Knoxville.

He stripped to his underwear and got in bed with her.

If they hired him, it would sort of negate the Super Moral tennessee fan base argument.

Last edited:
Back