What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2018 Fall Camp Thread

Amen, but with the Landman news, which I love, and then moving Lewis, doesn't that affect Falo and Callier, two guys that I have hardly heard a word about? Seems like both of those guys are studs and will be making a difference. I have preached about Lewis being as much a Buff Back as anyone on the roster, so it will be interesting to see the playing time splits and packages that they come up with all these interchangeable people.

What is the story on Callier and Falo? They are potential game changing PAC 12 players!!!
Callier and Falo will both play. But neither can play inside to compete with Gamboa, neither is a better football player than Landman, and there's no damn way that Lewis is not going to be on the field since he's one of our main playmakers (along with Worthington).

This should allow a lot of substitution to keep guys fresh along with situational moves. For situational, I think in a nickel type situation that Lewis will go back inside and Callier will be in to rush the QB in-line like Gilbert did in 2016.

Callier and Falo will both play. But neither can play inside to compete with Gamboa, neither is a better football player than Landman, and there's no damn way that Lewis is not going to be on the field since he's one of our main playmakers (along with Worthington).

This should allow a lot of substitution to keep guys fresh along with situational moves. For situational, I think in a nickel type situation that Lewis will go back inside and Callier will be in to rush the QB in-line like Gilbert did in 2016.
The best news about this is that the "buff backer" is gone or is back to being a heavy nickel/dime package instead of our base defense. Last year we had 2 linebackers and one pass rusher (Callier). We didn't really have a true OLB that could play 3 downs. So we just went small and hoped speed would make up for brawn, even when teams were running all over us. This year, we are now down to just one half of the problem (which we also had last year): no real proven pass rush from the OLB position. But at least we have depth there, and don't have to go small the whole damn time. Baby steps.

The best news about this is that the "buff backer" is gone or is back to being a heavy nickel/dime package instead of our base defense. Last year we had 2 linebackers and one pass rusher (Callier). We didn't really have a true OLB that could play 3 downs. So we just went small and hoped speed would make up for brawn, even when teams were running all over us. This year, we are now down to just one half of the problem (which we also had last year): no real proven pass rush from the OLB position. But at least we have depth there, and don't have to go small the whole damn time. Baby steps.

The next step might actually making in-season adjustments to the lineup. Pretty radical step though.

OLB or rush end in a true 3 4.
But we are probably only in the 3-4 on 50% of our downs (Adam mentioned 20%, but I think it's closer to half).

We are often in a 4-2 nickel package and then we have other packages as well. I think Taylor is a Rover, SS, OLB, BB, DE.

But we are probably only in the 3-4 on 50% of our downs (Adam mentioned 20%, but I think it's closer to half).

We are often in a 4-2 nickel package and then we have other packages as well. I think Taylor is a Rover, SS, OLB, BB, DE.
Either way, at least we aren't doing moeller and callier or moeller and a nickel on 75 percent of downs.

So, based on scrimmages and other information, are Falo and Callier having a good Fall? Lots of Koolaid fluff articles about a lot of players, but nothing yet about Callier, whom I thought and think is a dynamic player!

You’re going to see a big outside rush from Taylor and Lewis.

Back