What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but I think he is going to be really hard to replace

Let me harken back to my other post in this chain in this thread-he needs to get to multiple bowl games before we start even THINKING about this. There were allbuffers who were concerned about losing FHCMM to LSU, Texas, or somebody else who ran a search in 2016-17 after he won 10 games and did he even get a look at any opening that year?

Let me harken back to my other post in this chain in this thread-he needs to get to multiple bowl games before we start even THINKING about this. There were allbuffers who were concerned about losing FHCMM to LSU, Texas, or somebody else who ran a search in 2016-17 after he won 10 games and did he even get a look at any opening that year?
The difference is that FHCMM had a great senior class in 2016. HCMT is building something sustainable

The difference is that FHCMM had a great senior class in 2016. HCMT is building something sustainable

Again, that's going to take 2-3 recruiting classes MINIMUM and a run of success we've not seen around here since Barnett was in charge. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Also, Tucker said he was only looking for one job, the right one. He could be here a very long time.
And if we are winning big and going to bowl games the donors will be back and the money will be there to pay him what he needs to stay.

How many head coaching jobs will be open west of the Mississippi River this year?

It may just be USC and New Mexico directly (although some may come open later on the carousel).

How many head coaching jobs will be open west of the Mississippi River this year?

It may just be USC and New Mexico directly (although some may come open later on the carousel).

Ive got a few others-UNLV is almost certain to come open. CSU could make a change. UTEP and New Mexico State may come open too.

Probably going to see UNLV come open. Tony Sanchez hasn't had a winning season in five years and is winless in conference this year. His buyout is only $600,000.

Can UTEP keep Dana Dimel much longer 2-19 in a little less than two years?

Ive got a few others-UNLV is almost certain to come open. CSU could make a change. UTEP and New Mexico State may come open too.

Oh yeah, UNLV definitely.

I think Bobo is safe for one more year at CSU.

Does Dimel only get two years at UTEP? They should’ve never hired him, everyone knew that, but may not have the cash to cut him so soon.

New Mexico State doesn’t register without a conference.

Does Dimel only get two years at UTEP? They should’ve never hired him, everyone knew that, but may not have the cash to cut him so soon.

Bobo would cost $5.5 million to buy out. CSU doesn't have that kind of cash. They are hoping he ends in some kind of bowl to take the pressure off.

Two years at UTEP is short but 2 wins with their schedule is epically bad. Fans are starting to not pay attention. Don't know what his buyout is but they have to be looking at replacements.

NMSU was in a bowl two years ago, a huge accomplishment for them. Martin bought himself some rope with that one. They also get no conference media money as an independent. They may not have any money if they wanted to.

I hope Bobo does enough to stay through 2024 lol. Same with Frosty. UTEP is about as interesting as NMSU is.....but those two may fight each other for the services of Eric Morris (former TTU WR who coaches at Incarnate Word).

Is Kevin Sumlin in any trouble in Tucson? That's the kind of firing nobody sees coming that could happen. That program's a mess and Khalil Tate's leaving.

Names from Clay Travis for Arky: Norvell, Leach, Kiffin, Freeze. Threw out Joe Brady as a wild card there.

Those guys were ****ing morons. Mike couldn't motivate himself without tears, and a Pepsi swilling DC. Mel is rolling. Relentless.

Arkansas musings.

Arky is similarly situated to kNU. Only game in the state, huge fanbase/support, monster AD budget, top notch facilities, premium conference. Lives off recruiting neighboring states. For some reason, neither can recapture the glory.

I thought Bielema would do well there, Arky can bring in the bigs and RB's aplenty have rolled through there. He bombed. I thought Morris, with his high flying offense would do well there. Arky lands top shelf athletes. No go. IMO, it will take a real special HC to bring them back. Arky has the cash to "go big"

So who will it be?

Malzahn is the obvious splash hire.
I would steer clear of Norvell.
Leach could work, but he would be a 7-8 win a year guy, and they will be disappointed if they go there.
Sonny Dykes could also be a fit.

If it were me, I would look at Blake Anderson.

Also, Tucker said he was only looking for one job, the right one. He could be here a very long time.
Mel loves it here! Saw a chance to build something special. Could see a raise and extension at the end of 2021 which would be smart for recruiting and momentum if the results are there. If and when he is successful, there is only 1 job I worry about him wanting and that is WISCONSIN!!!
I do not think any other job sways him.

I think Harbaugh might have bought himself another year at Michigan with that win over Norte Dame. Things could always change with a blowout loss to Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back