What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have ZERO potential. The school and the city are absolutely the bottom of the barrel. Want to watch your football team get rolled by 60, get solicited by a meth head AND have your campus apartment broken into all in the same night? Then ABQ is for YOU!

If they're getting to bowls regularly like they were during the last years Rocky Long was there, that's their ceiling. I said this last night-If I'm UNM, I'm going HARD after Rich Rodriguez.

They have ZERO potential. The school and the city are absolutely the bottom of the barrel. Want to watch your football team get rolled by 60, get solicited by a meth head AND have your campus apartment broken into all in the same night? Then ABQ is for YOU!
ABQ has problems, parts of the city have poverty and crime issues, the public schools are weak and again in the bad parts of town make Pueblo look good.

They like a lot of poor cities have drug problems and other societal issues. They also though have an increasing number of middle and upper middle class people moving in for retirement or pre-retirement living. Many of the neighborhoods are very nice and comparable in safety to similar neighborhoods anywhere else.

The school historically has had good support from the state and is not far from being a good school. Will it happen, maybe not but they aren't as far as some think from being decent.

The football program as well has problems but also potential. They are the only game in town for a growing metropolitan area.

Find the right coach who can connect with the city and win a few games and they could take off. They are a long way from Boise but they aren't far behind a number of the MWC schools.

UNM is fun to rip on but they aren't far from being a decent place to coach.

Albuquerque is a dump. Truly one of the most depressing places in the US, IMO. The best thing that ever happened to that city was a show about a high school chemistry teacher who built a meth empire there.
I was just down there for a conference, it's all pretty sad. I used to like going down there.

Young talented graduates immediately leave the state for greener pastures, and the more affluent retirement age population is leaving because of the state's tax policy on social security among other things. Tucson apparently has had an influx of Albuquerque retirees. Richardson was able to raid a few permanent funds, but those have started to sunset. Not a lot of good options down there.

Albuquerque is a dump. Truly one of the most depressing places in the US, IMO. The best thing that ever happened to that city was a show about a high school chemistry teacher who built a meth empire there.

I once dated a girl who lived there that I met in Denver who was eventually moving here. I flew/drove down 6-7 times over like 6 months. Albuquerque ****ing sucks.

No thread-jack intended here, but I will offer up a small platter of Oakland, CA and Gary, IN.

This was absolutely true 35 years ago. Has it really not changed?
The crime is worse than it was back then and the government is just as screwed up about not addressing it. Everyone I grew up with that stayed is trying to get transferred somewhere else. It really is sad that such a beautiful and historic place keeps having the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back