What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Bowl Games Thread

Our family group chat is discussing who was the team who came in overconfident last week, Michigan or Georgia.

???

What plucky 3* roster are you thinking of that won a title? Unless you're talking about last week against Michigan, but I don't think they're a majority blue chip roster.
I was referring to Michigan. I didn't do extensive research before replying, but I was under the impression that Michigan did not have an under 50% blue chip roster. And I was also under the impression that last week's game mattered. That's all!

I was referring to Michigan. I didn't do extensive research before replying, but I was under the impression that Michigan did not have an under 50% blue chip roster. And I was also under the impression that last week's game mattered. That's all!
Michigan is a very talented team and the game absolutely mattered. TCU did upset a more talented team last week. It's just that Michigan is not overwhelming talent like we see on a very few rosters which have been completely dominating recruiting.

Michigan is a very talented team and the game absolutely mattered. TCU did upset a more talented team last week. It's just that Michigan is not overwhelming talent like we see on a very few rosters which have been completely dominating recruiting.
2/3 of Michigan’s starters would not start at UGA. TCU and Michigan are actually pretty equivalent talent-wise.

Michigan would whoop TCU 8 out of 10.

Michigan would whoop TCU 8 out of 10.
Youre Wrong GIF by BET Plus

Well, there are only a handful of teams that are more talented than Michigan year-in year-out.

Players in the NFL

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 6.03.45 PM.png

Every once in a while you get an upset, a team with substantially more talent losing to a team with less talent. Think it's fair to say that happened last week with Michigan.

There is a reason they are called upsets and they are rare. Sometimes it happens once, very rare that it happens twice.

TCU did a great job getting here but the Cinderella story ends tonight. They are playing a Georgia team that is much more talented and isn't making the mistakes that give TCU a chance.

Well, there are only a handful of teams that are more talented than Michigan year-in year-out.

Players in the NFL

View attachment 57792
Michigan has been good for a while. TCU’s roster this year is the best it’s been at least since when they were undefeated (and probably better). Their roster was comparable to all of the top teams. The top end talent at UGA and experience playing major dividends today.

Did not do well last week. If UGA closes this thing out, we will finish strong. I honestly should just stop after the first six weeks of college football. The lines are so sharp.

Players in the NFL

View attachment 57792
It's not just about the NFL talent. It's also about the fact that almost everyone on the roster has the measurables of an NFL player.

But pretty much, it's Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, LSU and Clemson which have been at a different talent level than everyone else.

Harbaugh even said that his strategy to finally beat OSU was that he knew he couldn't out-talent them so he focused on out-toughing them. His OT talent, for example, is elite.

It's not just about the NFL talent. It's also about the fact that almost everyone on the roster has the measurables of an NFL player.

But pretty much, it's Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, LSU and Clemson which have been at a different talent level than everyone else.

Harbaugh even said that his strategy to finally beat OSU was that he knew he couldn't out-talent them so he focused on out-toughing them. His OT talent, for example, is elite.
Nice post, flounder

Every once in a while you get an upset, a team with substantially more talent losing to a team with less talent. Think it's fair to say that happened last week with Michigan.

There is a reason they are called upsets and they are rare. Sometimes it happens once, very rare that it happens twice.

TCU did a great job getting here but the Cinderella story ends tonight. They are playing a Georgia team that is much more talented and isn't making the mistakes that give TCU a chance.

Great effort by TCU last week and they had an answer every time time Michigan started to come back. But they also got 2 pick-6's, a Michigan fumble on first and goal, and Michigan failed to convert on a 4th and goal.

Michigan has been good for a while. TCU’s roster this year is the best it’s been at least since when they were undefeated (and probably better). Their roster was comparable to all of the top teams. The top end talent at UGA and experience playing major dividends today.
TCU roster this year is complete ass compared to the Boykin led teams.

If you're going solely off star rating, I don't know what the stats say on that, but this team would get boat raced by the Boykin led TCU teams.

Back