What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Bowl Games Thread

I hope those of you with second screen watching capabilities have had Pac 12 MTN on during the Rose Bowl. We just finished 62-36 and are now watching that year’s Big 12 Championship Game against Texas. So delicious.

As an aside, I now know why I don’t mind as much watching from home. The TV view wasn’t any better than middle 2nd deck back then…

I stand by my comment after the Pac-12 CCG that no one has done more damage to the Pac-12 brand over the last decade than Utah.

Give them props to what they do in the conference, but they make us look bad out of conference.

If you're gonna suck in the OOC, at least do it like us and suck in the conference too.

Utah’s absolute peak took a historically terrible P12 lining up with their best coach in program history and they’ve only netted 2 losses in the Rose Bowl. Bad bowls and bad OOC, floated by the weakness of the Pac.

Many of their fans have delusions of grandeur, but Wittingham’s retirement will open their eyes to what they really are.

It’ll be enjoyable to see Utah come to terms with a resurgent Colorado. A team with real football history and a ceiling higher than a win in the Holiday bowl

Can’t wait for even the nicest of fans to complain that we’re not for real, we’re a fake social media program, etc.

Utah’s absolute peak took a historically terrible P12 lining up with their best coach in program history and they’ve only netted 2 losses in the Rose Bowl. Bad bowls and bad OOC, floated by the weakness of the Pac.

Many of their fans have delusions of grandeur, but Wittingham’s retirement will open their eyes to what they really are.

It’ll be enjoyable to see Utah come to terms with a resurgent Colorado. A team with real football history and a ceiling higher than a win in the Holiday bowl
The problem with Utah is they just don’t have much high end talent. That is what wins in the highest levels of college football. Kudos to them for beating more talented, but soft teams in the pac through the years. I think they have a major regression in their future.

I've heard Schlereth talk about this a lot in terms of the Broncos-Have an identity. Know what your guys do well on both sides of the ball and scheme to it. Whatever the hell you do, don't force a scheme on your roster (you see this more in CFB-Embree and Dorrell both did it here I'd argue) Utah knows what kind of program they are. I saw signs of this from Tucker when he was here.

Prime might be the first guy who has come in here knowing exactly what he wants to build and knowing how to exploit the portal to get it. ****......the guy is so competitive he probably watched USC and thought "I can do what Riley did there more effectively and at a program without the advantages that USC has." #2 portal class in the country, and we only have 35 commits lol.

I haven't been this excited about CU football since 2001.

Alex Grinch had head coaching opportunities and didn’t take them. When he gets fired in the off-season, he will have cost himself $25 million by not taking one of those opportunities.
How did he ever become so popular?

How did he ever become so popular?
He took a 99th ranked Washington State defense to 16th.

He could’ve had several jobs, including WSU and possibly Texas Tech, but he held out for a blue blood. It’s a cautionary tale, and why fans should understand than any assistant coach is potentially “getable”. There are only 65 jobs.

All the performance of the conference in bowl games tells me is there's an opening for Prime and this program right now.

I mean, I believe that there is an opening, especially with USC and UCLA leaving. I don't believe in Oregon's coach at all, if we can close the talent gap to a manageable distance, I think they are beatable. We'll see with UW. OSU is going to be trouble as long as they can hold on to their coach though.

Still, after the Rose Bowl, I wouldn't put any stock in bowl game performances. Guys used to care even if they were in the Weedwhacker Bowl. Now, outside of the CFP and the NY6, so many players are in the portal or skipping the game altogether that a lot of teams aren't even close to the level they were during the season.

It sometimes work out though - Iowa's QB1 was hurt and their QB2 hit the portal, so they had to go with a walk-on who had never taken a snap. They had their best offensive output of the season, lol.

I mean, I believe that there is an opening, especially with USC and UCLA leaving. I don't believe in Oregon's coach at all, if we can close the talent gap to a manageable distance, I think they are beatable. We'll see with UW. OSU is going to be trouble as long as they can hold on to their coach though.

Still, after the Rose Bowl, I wouldn't put any stock in bowl game performances. Guys used to care even if they were in the Weedwhacker Bowl. Now, outside of the CFP and the NY6, so many players are in the portal or skipping the game altogether that a lot of teams aren't even close to the level they were during the season.

It sometimes work out though - Iowa's QB1 was hurt and their QB2 hit the portal, so they had to go with a walk-on who had never taken a snap. They had their best offensive output of the season, lol.
The Utah and USC games stick out-USC at least I kind of saw coming. Utah I expected to win that game.

One of the main changes Kliavkoff can make starting in 2024 is dropping a conference games. We do this to ourselves by playing an extra conference game.

The Utah and USC games stick out-USC at least I kind of saw coming. Utah I expected to win that game.

One of the main changes Kliavkoff can make starting in 2024 is dropping a conference games. We do this to ourselves by playing an extra conference game.

I'll give Utah a break in that Rising got hurt, but that would have just made the score closer.

Utah proves that good coaching and physical play can beat better talent that is softer and less well coached. They're rarely going to beat a blueblood school that is also well coached and physical, because they're never going to have better talent.

I'll give Utah a break in that Rising got hurt, but that would have just made the score closer.

Utah proves that good coaching and physical play can beat better talent that is softer and less well coached. They're rarely going to beat a blueblood school that is also well coached and physical, because they're never going to have better talent.
Oh, sure. I thought Utah was better than PSU. They might just be the K-State under Snyder of the PAC. They're not playing the OOCs that we do, but they're going to turn out teams that get to bowls and win conference titles.......without ever winning a natty or making a playoff.

This year's an exception-but they're typically ABC in how they schedule. They play Florida at home, go to **** Bailer, and then host Weber State.

Back