What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Arizona State Game Thread

Are you like 14 years old? I’m sincere in this question. Because your posts read like someone who is just learning the game and really doesn’t have a good understanding of it.
Fair question, I always assumed he was foreign the way he structures sentences and like you said not a very deep understanding of the game.

Sitting here drinking my coffee and eating my oatmeal contemplating what I’ll do both short term and long.

I’ve got season tickets but don’t enjoy watching us get our asses kicked. It isn’t fun. It won’t be fun sitting among all the inevitable usc fans cheering their team to yet another victory.

And I’ve been a season ticket holder for ten years. There have been a few great moments like beating ****braska and our 10 win season. But I’m 67 and I don’t see any hope that CU will compete within the next 10 years with the changes in the college sports landscape.

I’ve gone from being a rabid fan to someone who’d like to see us win but when we don’t I don’t lose sleep anymore. I’m retiring next year. I don’t need to be spending $900 for season tickets. Especially when no one wants to go.

Only one thing could change my mind. Some sort of move by the CU AD that shows a commitment to winning.
You should send a letter to the AD saying exactly this.

Fair question, I always assumed he was foreign the way he structures sentences and like you said not a very deep understanding of the game.
See, I always wonder if English is VK Berlin’s first (or even second) language.

What were they running last year when thing looked a lot better?
Again, as much as people want to **** on Noyer, I think he had a better presence in the huddle as a leader and could fire people up. There is literally no one offense who does that this year. Additionally, he had better football knowledge and I think he was able to see that either a certain play wasn’t going to work or recognize it breaking down and be able to extend it, gain some yards, and keep drives moving rather than just step into a collapsing pocket and take sack after sack. Probably to his own detriment (see shoulder surgery), but that ****er had grit and made some things happen. Thumbs down all you want, but that’s how I see it.

Wow okay lol.

I always think he was a foreigner. That does sound a little bit xenophobic.

CU should continue to grind. A certain section of doom and gloomers grumpgy people doesnt reflect the entire fan base. Most of us will always think CU can win and will get better. Not happy about the current state of affairs. But will continue to support my team like a true fan. Give out constructive criticism. But continue to support my team.

Also, and as much as I love Brou - I feel like he knows he’s pretty good now, resting in his laurels, and trying to be too showy. I see lots of spin moves and decisions that I didn’t see him make last year. This year it looks like he thinks he can do anything, get through anything. Last year it looked like he improvised a little more to make some cuts away from blocked homes, but kept his shoulders square and his feet churning - just like he did on the first drive of the second half last night.

Wow okay lol.

CU should continue to grind. A certain section of doom and gloomers grumpgy people doesnt reflect the entire fan base. Most of us will always think CU can win and will get better. Not happy about the current state of affairs. But will continue to support my team like a true fan. Give out constructive criticism. But continue to support my team.
No, not most. You are dead wrong. Again.

Yeah, I am having trouble believing most fans have any faith in this team winning many games right now.

Last night was better, I guess, and it still was not competitive in the fourth quarter. Not even close really.
If I squint hard enough I guess I can see a couple conference wins if we run the ball like yesterday and play defense like we did against A&M and the first 3 quarters of Minnesota.

Even a marginal improvement in the passing game would also go a long way, but I need to see it before I put any stock in it happening

This is about as optimistic as I can go

Wow okay lol.

If lying to myself about the state of the program makes me a "true fan", well I guess I'm not a true fan.

Your thinking reminds me of myself before I quit drinking. Refusing to accept there's a problem and rationalizing why there isn't.

Quit lying to yourself, and quit claiming we aren't "true fans" because we aren't willing to lie to ourselves any longer.

Watching the **** show of CU football this year is painful. But if I dig deep, realizing 75% of our roster is freshmen/sophomores, and the fact that the O/U on us was like 1.5 this year:
- I’m not sure if it’s more painful to Buff fan, which I equate to someone that can’t swim, being thrown in the water, struggling and eventually drowning…
- Or USC, Clemson, UNC, Washington, Iowa State, Wisc, FSU, etc fan- having concrete blocks tied to your feet and then thrown in the water.

Watching the **** show of CU football this year is painful. But if I dig deep, realizing 75% of our roster is freshmen/sophomores, and the fact that the O/U on us was like 1.5 this year:
- I’m not sure if it’s more painful to Buff fan, which I equate to someone that can’t swim, being thrown in the water, struggling and eventually drowning…
- Or USC, Clemson, UNC, Washington, Iowa State, Wisc, FSU, etc fan- having concrete blocks tied to your feet and then thrown in the water.
Where did you get that the O/U was 1.5? That’s not close to correct.

Also, on the last part, what?

It was 4. This is on having to play a QB who isn't close to being ready to play at this level-3rd straight sub 100 yard passing game. Turned it off well before halftime.

i turned it off at 14-0. poured a drink, and watched a movie. best.decision.ever.

there is no plan to be competitive, let along successful. from the regents on down, CU proves quite conclusively it doesn't give 2 ****s about football as long as the program isn't "embarrassing" to them in some way unrelated to competitiveness.

after the gb debacle, i feared this is where we would end up. the death convulsions were slow but ultimately predictable.

i am done. at least for awhile, with CU football. having been a die-hard fan for over half a century, it surprises me to type those words.

i turned it off at 14-0. poured a drink, and watched a movie. best.decision.ever.

there is no plan to be competitive, let along successful. from the regents on down, CU proves quite conclusively it doesn't give 2 ****s about football as long as the program isn't "embarrassing" to them in some way unrelated to competitiveness.

after the gb debacle, i feared this is where we would end up. the death convulsions were slow but ultimately predictable.

i am done. at least for awhile, with CU football. having been a die-hard fan for over half a century, it surprises me to type those words.
I'm not renewing my subscription to sling. I'll catch the games if they happen to be on ESPN U or fs1 or something. I'll probably pick it back up once basketball season starts.

Back