What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

I caught the 2nd half of that SDSU/Navy game. Talk about a snooze fest. Or maybe a pillow fight is more accurate. Two teams that looked terrible. It absolutely pains me that CU can't get to a bowl game when I see the level of play in some of these games. Atrocious.

Popeye's Bahama Bowl!!
WKU 21 Central Michigan 7 1st

I love the bowls and WKU has a pretty decent QB and WR.

Always kind of funny though the disparity in locations. Air Force has a great season for them, wins the CIC trophy and ends up in Boise, Navy who they beat ends up in San Diego, these two teams end up in the Bahamas.

Some of the bowls are known for lousy weather, the Liberty, the Independence. Some teams have even gotten the privilege of spending the holidays in sunny Detroit. Others get to go to southern California, Hawaii, Florida, and now the Bahamas.

I saw some penn state players walking around Manhattan last night. Was cold and wet as ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a last play by Central MI. going for 2 and the win. Incredible!

Holy crap! What an ending! 75 yard TD pass (with several laterals) on a play that started with 1 sec left in the clock. I applaud them for going for 2 but I'm not a big fan of the jump ball fade route. Still a great comeback and a fantastic finish.

Big deal, with the playoff this game was completely meaningless......
bah_humbug-e1269152112652.gif

Forgot the sarcasm font and was hoping Hokie would see it. Since the announcement of the playoff he thinks all games are meaningless and CFB has been destroyed.
Good to know hokie's thoughts. I have free tickets to the Military Bowl Saturday, less than ten minutes from my house, but this confirms that attending would be a waste of time. The best thing I can do is shred them so nobody else does the wrong thing?

More embarassment for the B1G with Louisiana Tech putting a beating on Illinois today. They did get a win with Rutgers beating UNC.
Tonight watching UCF vs. NC State. Score lopsided for much of the game but some good individual players.

Getting closer to when the good teams start to play.

SIAP, but how does the Pac-12 selection work? They only use conference records? Here are the tie-ins (Scout) and standings (SECSPN), but somehow ASU ends up in El Paso while USC gets San Diego.

Pac-12

If No. 1 isn’t in College Football Playoff
Note: The Rose is No. 1 in years when it’s no part of the playoff

1. Rose Bowl (in years when it’s not the playoff)
2. Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12 No. 2
3. National University Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten No. 6
4. San Francisco Bowl vs. Big Ten No. 7
5. Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. ACC
6. Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West No. 1
7. Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl vs. Big 12 No. 5

Pac-12 Standings
NORTH CONF OVERALL
Oregon 8-1 12-1
Stanford 5-4 7-5
Washington 4-5 8-5
California 3-6 5-7
Washington State 2-7 3-9
Oregon State 2-7 5-7
SOUTH CONF OVERALL
Arizona 7-2 10-3
UCLA 6-3 9-3
Arizona State 6-3 9-3
USC 6-3 8-4
Utah 5-4 9-4
Colorado 0-9 2-10

I believe that is the order the bowls get to pick the team they want, not necessarily the order of finish. IIRC, there are some protections, like a team cannot be skipped over more than twice based on order of finish.

The Sun, Las Vegas, and Cactus bowls have to go by standings and the others choose

Over the last handful of years, I dont think there's a team that gets me less excited for a game than Va. Tech. They're just the epitome of average football, which most likely includes a sh*tty, underachieving offense.

I hope Cincinatti kills em.

(Edit: Sorry Hokie)

Last edited:
Over the last handful of years, I dont think there's a team that gets me less excited for a game than Va. Tech. They're just the epitome of average football, which most likely includes a sh*tty, underachieving offense.

I hope Cincinatti kills em.

(Edit: Sorry Hokie)

Sounds subjective. I couldn't care less about Cincy, but I always root for Va Tech

What am I missing with Taylor Kelly? Never seems all that impressive when I watch him.

Not sure whether to root for Duke, because their turnaround is encouraging regarding the Buffs, or ASU, because they're PAC12. Better game than VA Tech/Cincy - maybe Miami/SC will be less boring.

Back