What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

Lawrence and Rose are Freshmen and Etienne is a sophomore so Clemson is gonna be a playoff contender for the foreseeable future.

Oklahoma is moving the ball, but both teams are playing at Bama's pace. Big advantage for Bama.

OU has had much more success than I thought they would especially considering their slow start. I'm surprised Bama hasn't thrown the ball more against this porous defense but at this point they're just looking to run clock.

OU has had much more success than I thought they would especially considering their slow start. I'm surprised Bama hasn't thrown the ball more against this porous defense but at this point they're just looking to run clock.
They started to control the game rythem from the freaking first quarter. This game is less close than the score showa

Better get your hands on with slants. Outside technique or not, pass them off. It does make it pass and catch, too easy.

I never said it was an end-all, be-all, but it would be a real effort to standardize scheduling at least.

That's fine but it becomes a gray area when you get the bottom 10-15 teams in P5 and the top 5-10 teams in G5, plus who you end up playing in your conference championship game. Assuming of course, you're actually IN a conference.

Alabama making alot of uncharacteristic mistakes for the 2nd game in a row and OU is finding some wide open receivers. Could make the national championship game interesting but I still think Bama wins by at least 2 scores.

Alabama making alot of uncharacteristic mistakes for the 2nd game in a row and OU is finding some wide open receivers. Could make the national championship game interesting but I still think Bama wins by at least 2 scores.

Clemson's defense looked much better but Sooners a better offensive team. Don't know, bama better come with a better d next week.

Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if #45 from OU hadn't inexplicably jumped on the onsides kick 2 yards ahead of where he should have.

I was surprised how undisciplined, and frankly, how cheap Alabama was tonight. It was totally out of character.

So let’s play out a hypothetical. Let’s say Clemson and Alabama continue to dominate the CFB landscape for, say, the next decade. They go undefeated or nearly so each and every year and play for the national title every year for the next ten years.

Who’s going to say, “hey, they’re the two best teams so I’ll watch and enjoy it” ? Count me out.

having alabama clemson there every year is getting ridiculous .. especially as clemson and alabama getting there every year has a knock on effect not only in recruiting, but also with them continuously getting the benefit of the doubt. due to their recent success alabama and clemson both will always get the benefit of the doubt over other teams if theres an argument to be made.

9 conference games should also be made mandatory or the other conferences should go back to an 8 game conference schedule if the sec and acc wont budge there.
I think the biggest reason I have for eight teams is that when the same 2-4 get in every year, it draws all the talent to those 2-4 teams. Or a lopsided amount. With double the teams, and a few upsets, maybe talent spreads out a little more. I still like getting the P5 CCG winners in and then top three ranked that are not already in, be it P5 or G5. And everyone just has to win the conference to have a chance.

I’d bet your in a small minority outside of Clemson and Alabama fans.
tenor.gif

I'm in favor of playoff expansion because the current format (with fewer slots than qualified teams) favors pedigreed conferences and programs.

However, the same two teams appearing head-and-shoulders above the pack year after year makes for an easy argument against playoff expansion.

I'm in favor of playoff expansion because the current format (with fewer slots than qualified teams) favors pedigreed conferences and programs.

However, the same two teams appearing head-and-shoulders above the pack year after year makes for an easy argument against playoff expansion.
That’s the problem though, they appeared head and shoulders over ND and OU. Georgia proved they could hang w Bama and Id be willing to bet tOSU would have put up a better fight than ND. The committee isn’t choosing the best teams.

Back