What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

What's up with the turf there? The returner on the muffed punt looked to have lost his footing, the play prior to that the UCF QB appeared to slip while trying to set his feet prior to the sack.

Don't know that it has favored either team but why do we see games this big played on a surface that isn't up to standard.

UCF would have probably been the 2nd best team in the ACC this season. They'd be a quality P5 program.

What's up with the turf there? The returner on the muffed punt looked to have lost his footing, the play prior to that the UCF QB appeared to slip while trying to set his feet prior to the sack.

Don't know that it has favored either team but why do we see games this big played on a surface that isn't up to standard.
Grown outside. Wheeled inside.

UCF would have probably been the 2nd best team in the ACC this season. They'd be a quality P5 program.

I don't buy it.

It is one thing to get up for some individual games against top competition, it is entirely different to play against bigger, faster, stronger players every week. On a one game basis UCF is probably upper half in the ACC and would beat multiple teams in each of the other P5 conferences. In a week after week schedule they would wear down and get beaten up.

You can make an argument that if UCF were in the ACC they would quickly recruit up to that level but this team is not. Same goes for the Boise teams, the Fresno teams, and all the other G5 Cinderellas over the years.

Not sure if this is the issue but they said it's only the 2nd time this field has been played on, so maybe the turf is still loose.

I don't buy it.

It is one thing to get up for some individual games against top competition, it is entirely different to play against bigger, faster, stronger players every week. On a one game basis UCF is probably upper half in the ACC and would beat multiple teams in each of the other P5 conferences. In a week after week schedule they would wear down and get beaten up.

You can make an argument that if UCF were in the ACC they would quickly recruit up to that level but this team is not. Same goes for the Boise teams, the Fresno teams, and all the other G5 Cinderellas over the years.

Not sure they would be the second best team in the ACC, but they would be a solid bowl team.

They have serious speed on that roster to compete with many P5 teams.

Not sure they would be the second best team in the ACC, but they would be a solid bowl team.

They are getting blown up on both sides of the line of scrimmage by a team that is missing multiple front line linemen. If they faced that week after week it would get ugly.

Yea that sounds about right. Just because they beat Pitt who played in the ACCCG doesn't mean they would be the 2nd best team. It's different playing against even mid-level P5 teams week in and week out and UCF needed 2 big comebacks just to beat mighty Memphis.

I'm critical of UCF but that doesn't mean I don't think they'd be a pretty good team if they played a legitimate schedule. I think they'd go 8-4 give or take a game.

It amazes me that after the success Utah has had in the Pac-12, TCU & WVU have had in the Big 12, and Louisville has had in the ACC that the questions about the top of the G5 still being good if they moved up persists.

Houston, UCF, Boise State and BYU would all be good programs if they moved up. Probably also true of USF, Temple, SDSU and Cincinnati even though they're a level below. .

It amazes me that after the success Utah has had in the Pac-12, TCU & WVU have had in the Big 12, and Louisville has had in the ACC that the questions about the top of the G5 still being good if they moved up persists.

Houston, UCF, Boise State and BYU would all be good programs if they moved up. Probably also true of USF, Temple, SDSU and Cincinnati even though they're a level below. .
No need for reason around here.

In Utah's best year in the P12 they still lost 3 games and have lost 4 games twice and more a few other times. Is that good? Sure, and that's about what I think UCF would do.

Not every team is LSU, Mtn.

No but this isn't exactly vintage LSU, and this is the game for UCF.

UCF with 2 first downs in the half, both on penalties before this drive.

My point is that give UCF a week after week schedule and they would get beaten down. Not saying they aren't a good team who would win a lot of games but they are not close to being competitive for P5 conference championships.

Now just like Utah and Louisville if they became a member of a P5 conference I have no doubt they would recruit to competitiveness fairly soon.

No but this isn't exactly vintage LSU, and this is the game for UCF.

UCF with 2 first downs in the half, both on penalties before this drive.

My point is that give UCF a week after week schedule and they would get beaten down. Not saying they aren't a good team who would win a lot of games but they are not close to being competitive for P5 conference championships.

Now just like Utah and Louisville if they became a member of a P5 conference I have no doubt they would recruit to competitiveness fairly soon.
Based on recruiting grounds, I'd expect them to be more like TCU.

Kentucky football sure shows what is possible with brinks trucks of SEC money backing up to campus.

The SEC money and SEC envy factor isn’t nearly repugnant enough, though, to pull for pedo state.

I’m going to start posting under a new name so I can be free of this ****
4e51d514-b896-4eb8-8fd2-ddb2abb6c663_text.gif

well, I was their for their last loss in 2016-my nephew was a trainer on that Cure Bowl team-those streaks don't last forever. They are still a great story. back to back undefeated regular seasons with 2 different head coaches. A fun and affordable place to go see a season of college football. I wish the Buffs had their problems...

I'm a sucker for the Rose Bowl setting and the pageantry even in years like this where I have no rooting interest.

I think OSU wins this game by double digits.

Back