What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

ESPN homepage is beautiful this morning.

I saw that article this morning. It was written in a most respectful way, but was mindful of the fact that if Frost can't get it done, no one can. They are doing OK in recruiting, but as time goes on it's a harder sell nationally for kids born in the 2000's who have who have absolutely no idea who Tom Osborne is/was. They are not set up to compete at the upper level of that tough conference for a long time.

I saw that article this morning. It was written in a most respectful way, but was mindful of the fact that if Frost can't get it done, no one can. They are doing OK in recruiting, but as time goes on it's a harder sell nationally for kids born in the 2000's who have who have absolutely no idea who Tom Osborne is/was. They are not set up to compete at the upper level of that tough conference for a long time.
The placement of certain comments in that story about Phillips was glorious

I reject the premise that if Frost can’t do it, no one can. He has shown very little to establish himself as an elite coach. His 3 year run at a lower level school has been done by many coaches that failed in P5.

Nebraska may one day find a better coach, but they’ve run off at least 3 that were better than Frost.

I reject the premise that if Frost can’t do it, no one can. He has shown very little to establish himself as an elite coach. His 3 year run at a lower level school has been done by many coaches that failed in P5.

****braska may one day find a better coach, but they’ve run off at least 3 that were better than Frost.

Wrong. The only coach in Fusker history who was better than Frosty the Coachman was this guy:
1573696978685.png

They are doing everything they can to set up Frost to win. That program has a lot of money and fan support. I just don't see them competing at the top level of the Big 10 anytime soon.

They are doing everything they can to set up Frost to win. That program has a lot of money and fan support. I just don't see them competing at the top level of the Big 10 anytime soon.
Problem for them is that they aren't doing okay in recruiting. They are doing okay if the goal is to beat Northwestern and Illinois more often than they lose but this is a program that imagines itself as one that competes for conference championships and even national titles.

They aren't recruiting close to well enough to come close to much less beat Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa and other B1G schools that compete for top 25 position every year. They have been getting beaten badly on a yearly basis by these teams. The talent they are bringing in isn't going to close the gap between them and those schools.

They don't have much chance of that recruiting getting much better. The article points out how few of this quality recruits Nebraska produces, it isn't coming from home.

The other B1G schools can recruit a core from their home states. Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania all produce multiple top P5 players each year. They also manage to effectively recruit Texas, Florida,Georgia, and even California.

Nebraska no longer has much appeal to kids in those states. They rarely play in California or Florida. They used to play in Texas every year but don't any more. When they aren't winning they hold no appeal to kids from warm-weather states and getting blown out more often than not on national TV isn't helping them. If you are a top prospect from a warm weather state going to Ohio State is interesting because they are going to the playoff. Go to Nebraska and you not only freeze but get laughed at while you are doing it.

Problem for them is that they aren't doing okay in recruiting. They are doing okay if the goal is to beat Northwestern and Illinois more often than they lose but this is a program that imagines itself as one that competes for conference championships and even national titles.

They aren't recruiting close to well enough to come close to much less beat Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa and other B1G schools that compete for top 25 position every year. They have been getting beaten badly on a yearly basis by these teams. The talent they are bringing in isn't going to close the gap between them and those schools.

They don't have much chance of that recruiting getting much better. The article points out how few of this quality recruits ****braska produces, it isn't coming from home.

The other B1G schools can recruit a core from their home states. Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania all produce multiple top P5 players each year. They also manage to effectively recruit Texas, Florida,Georgia, and even California.

****braska no longer has much appeal to kids in those states. They rarely play in California or Florida. They used to play in Texas every year but don't any more. When they aren't winning they hold no appeal to kids from warm-weather states and getting blown out more often than not on national TV isn't helping them. If you are a top prospect from a warm weather state going to Ohio State is interesting because they are going to the playoff. Go to ****braska and you not only freeze but get laughed at while you are doing it.

The best thing they could have done for themselves would have been try and ride our coattails into the Pac 12.

The best thing they could have done for themselves would have been try and ride our coattails into the Pac 12.
True but the PAC12 wasn't interested.

The Nubs would have been a better choice for the PAC from a financial standpoint but the league was more interested in a cultural fit. Utah doesn't generate the same kind of money as the nubs would but they are a regional fit, a better academic fit, and a better fit in non-football sports.

What wasn't expected is that Utah is a much more successful football program now than the nubs.

Best thing for them would have been to suck it up, figure out how to deal with the Texans and Okies, and stay with the B12.

True but the PAC12 wasn't interested.

The Nubs would have been a better choice for the PAC from a financial standpoint but the league was more interested in a cultural fit. Utah doesn't generate the same kind of money as the nubs would but they are a regional fit, a better academic fit, and a better fit in non-football sports.

What wasn't expected is that Utah is a much more successful football program now than the nubs.

Best thing for them would have been to suck it up, figure out how to deal with the Texans and Okies, and stay with the B12.

IIRC the B1G announced them as a member before the Pac 12 announced us.....so I'm not sure if they ever considered NU. All I know is this-the Post said when we made our move that UCLA, Stanford, and Cal in particular would not support any expansion that didn't involve CU.......so I think it probably could have happened had they not been making eyes for the Big 10. Utah-Colorado still is an arranged marriage (I apologize to the OP for the Mormon pun). I'd love to see NU and BYU as Pac 12 members (I know there's a certain amount of that fanbase who doesn't give a **** about the Holy War, but Utah's AD continues to schedule them) but that won't happen.

The landscape of college football is much different today than it was when they were relevant. Their problems are many and varied in nature. First, it’s a ****ty school. It’s a ****ty school in a ****ty location. These two factors make it difficult to recruit the kind of players that can win. The recruits they do get often leave shortly after they arrive. Next, and this is where it gets really dicey, their coaching staff just isn’t very good. They are playing well below where their talent should produce. They are soft, undisciplined, unfocused, and poorly prepared in virtually every game they play. Lastly, the expectations there are for a level of performance they simply are not able to provide. That makes them impatient, and a hard sell for any potential new coaches that might be considering a move there. The idea that if Frost can’t do it, nobody can has validity. Think about it- what coach worth a damn would want to step into the situation there? Sure, there’s a lot of money, but lots of schools have lots of money and don’t have all the rest of the baggage Nebraska has. Frost has ties to the program, so he’s more willing to put up with that bull****.

Their best hope is to find the next Urban Meyer and pay him handsomely to stay. Scott Frost is not the next Urban Meyer. They’ll have to have some patience though. That program is a tire fire now, and it’s not getting better any time soon.

IIRC the B1G announced them as a member before the Pac 12 announced us.....so I'm not sure if they ever considered NU. All I know is this-the Post said when we made our move that UCLA, Stanford, and Cal in particular would not support any expansion that didn't involve CU.......so I think it probably could have happened had they not been making eyes for the Big 10. Utah-Colorado still is an arranged marriage (I apologize to the OP for the Mormon pun). I'd love to see NU and BYU as Pac 12 members (I know there's a certain amount of that fanbase who doesn't give a **** about the Holy War, but Utah's AD continues to schedule them) but that won't happen.
It was almost the same time, but we left a. Day or two before Nebraska did.

A problem for the PAC12 is that a lot of the mentioned expansion candidates are in realtity non-starters.

Nubs aren't getting an invite. They have nothing to offer other than football and right now and for the forseeable future that isn't worth looking at.

BYU isn't happening. The California schools are not going to deal with the political fallout that would cause, they don't bring a substantial TV viewing boost, and they aren't a fit academically.

Boise isn't a fit academically (glorified junior college) and more importantly no way do they bring enough added revenue potential to justify giving them a share of the conference revenues.

UNM is a train wreck. Should be a candidate but can't figure out how to tie their shoes.

SDSU can't get the attention of sports fans, again would be a money drain.

UNLV and/or Nevada have potential for the future but the PAC already owns those media markets and those schools don't have enough fan interest. They do have potential for the future but not happening right now.

Some fans will cringe, with reason, but the most logical expansion would be Texas and Oklahoma. Texas has the academic reputation and would like the affiliation to verify it. They have been able to bully their prior conferences but I don't think they could get away with that in the PAC.

Oklahoma has been spending huge amounts of money to try to raise their academic standing. PAC membership would be welcomed as a reputation builder.

Those two would make the conference media package much more valuable by delivering the strongest schools in a huge and growing media region.

I have to travel to nub land at the beginning of December for a couple of days, suks for me - I have a shoe box filled with random University of Colorado stickers of all shapes and sizes. Me and my son will be placing these everywhere we go on everything. We are actually going to add some gorilla glue so they are even harder for fusker to remove.

Back