What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

If you all don't get tickets to the game because of a lack of priority points we can always start to buy out other sections. Plenty of nubs always sell.

I need to ask my wife where in that toilet bowl our seats are at. I’ll relay the info on here to see if some grannies with over the ear radio headphones in red kool-aid sweatsuits can be displaced by buff fans that will clean up the joint to make it classy for at least one Saturday!

Won't help our fans with tickets but will help keep the fusker's fans in check for another year.
No it won’t. They’re drowning in the Scott Frost koolaid right now. They could lose to some backward ass nobody team like Northern Illinois and it wouldn’t change their perspective.

All I know is the Fuskers have two QB options that on paper are better than any we have....both had multiple SEC offers including Alabama....NU Has far more 4 stars on their roster than we do...worried about this game. To me...this game is defining for MM....has he put the program in a position after 6 years to beat a decent program on the road.

QB
Two 4*s. Gebbia looks solid, makes pre-snap reads and is accurate. Small frame and not athletic enough for Frost’s system tho. Martinez looked real good against guys who can’t hit him and won’t be starters anyway. I agree he’s a good recruiting win for Frost but I also don’t fear him yet.

RB
One 4* and a bunch of mid to lower 3*s. The 4* may medically retire after having chronic knee issues. Pretty much universally known that he won’t be the same back he once was, unfortunately. A few JAGs here and nothing to worry about unless you simply fear Frost’s system.

WR
Their best position by far, led by two 3*s. 4*s McQuitty and Lindsey are real good too tho. I’d put ours right there with Nebraska WRs tho and think ours are bigger and stronger. They don’t have anyone like Winfree or Shenault.

TE
All 3*s and nothing to worry about at present.

OL
A whole lot of softies. Some 4*s here, but most have been passed up by harder working 3*s. Been a constant source of disappointment from this position under Riley and I expect this will take a couple years to rebuild. Their starting RT is solid from what I hear but it sounds like he’s dealing with our struggle in that he can’t seem to get over 290.

DL
I don’t think they have a single 4* here. All 3*s and several guys who are caught in between the recent switch to a 3-4. They looked solid in the scrimmage but it’s, again, hard to say how solid when they didn’t play against other starters.

LB
Avery Roberts is a 4* who I definitely considered a win in recruiting under Riley. But his position coach called him fat (free read) and said he needs to buy in and have a strong summer. Every other player here is a 3* except for Breon Dixon, a transfer from Ole Miss who isn’t expected to be eligible. Even if he is, he’s converted from corner and is even small for our Buff Backer lol.

DB
The most 4*s with the least production in the country iyam. Riley and his staff ruined Lee and Avery Anderson, both guys who haven’t done anything their whole careers there (Lee played last year but was regularly exposed in coverage and Anderson hasn’t played). 4* Lamar Jackson gives little effort in tackling and is the posterboy for their coverage issues. A bunch of 3*s here, no one worries me. Our WR/DB battle makes our guys better in practice, theirs doesn’t.

In total: no, there’s nothing to be scared of, yet at least. Certainly not because of recruiting rankings - they’ve whiffed on a ton of recruits who made it to campus and lost a ton to attrition. Coupled with new coaching systems and deadweight and it’s easy to see why the coach of the year was given an O/U of 5.5 from Vegas.

Already checking with Fusker fans selling. After market will be strong if you're willing to cough up a couple bills per seat. If I don't get tickets through CU I'll be coughing frequently

QB
Two 4*s. Gebbia looks solid, makes pre-snap reads and is accurate. Small frame and not athletic enough for Frost’s system tho. Martinez looked real good against guys who can’t hit him and won’t be starters anyway. I agree he’s a good recruiting win for Frost but I also don’t fear him yet.

RB
One 4* and a bunch of mid to lower 3*s. The 4* may medically retire after having chronic knee issues. Pretty much universally known that he won’t be the same back he once was, unfortunately. A few JAGs here and nothing to worry about unless you simply fear Frost’s system.

WR
Their best position by far, led by two 3*s. 4*s McQuitty and Lindsey are real good too tho. I’d put ours right there with Nebraska WRs tho and think ours are bigger and stronger. They don’t have anyone like Winfree or Shenault.

TE

OL
A whole lot of softies. Some 4*s here, but most have been passed up by harder working 3*s. Been a constant source of disappointment from this position under Riley and I expect this will take a couple years to rebuild. Their starting RT is solid from what I hear but it sounds like he’s dealing with our struggle in that he can’t seem to get over 290.

DL
I don’t think they have a single 4* here. All 3*s and several guys who are caught in between the recent switch to a 3-4. They looked solid in the scrimmage but it’s, again, hard to say how solid when they didn’t play against other starters.

LB
Avery Roberts is a 4* who I definitely considered a win in recruiting under Riley. But his position coach called him fat (free read) and said he needs to buy in and have a strong summer. Every other player here is a 3* except for Breon Dixon, a transfer from Ole Miss who isn’t expected to be eligible. Even if he is, he’s converted from corner and is even small for our Buff Backer lol.

DB
The most 4*s with the least production in the country iyam. Riley and his staff ruined Lee and Avery Anderson, both guys who haven’t done anything their whole careers there (Lee played last year but was regularly exposed in coverage and Anderson hasn’t played). 4* Lamar Jackson gives little effort in tackling and is the posterboy for their coverage issues. A bunch of 3*s here, no one worries me. Our WR/DB battle makes our guys better in practice, theirs doesn’t.

In total: no, there’s nothing to be scared of, yet at least. Certainly not because of recruiting rankings - they’ve whiffed on a ton of recruits who made it to campus and lost a ton to attrition. Coupled with new coaching systems and deadweight and it’s easy to see why the coach of the year was given an O/U of 5.5 from Vegas.
QB

RB

WR

TE

OL

DL

LB

DB

Which books have released season win totals? I have not seen anything like that.

QB

RB

WR

TE

OL

DL

LB

DB

Cue Surveyor in 3.....2......1.......

Fusker fan response, "But they looked great in the spring game, we now have a legacy in charge, we are Nebraska, we are special, you just don't understand."

Ahh, DSI... I don’t check them anymore because a card I used for a small deposit on their site had an attempted use in Russia the day after I played on their page! Will be interested in seeing what other books end up doing for totals. This is the earliest I’ve seen by a good margin.

Remember when a Nebraska offer was like gold? Now a kid gets a Nebraska offer and his stars don't rise.

Remember when a Nebraska offer was like gold? Now a kid gets a Nebraska offer and his stars don't rise.
Actually they do big time raise the stars. There's more Huskers paying for that "ratings crap" than any about any other program, so it moves the needle for $$$ reasons.
If the ratings services fail to excite the fan bases, subscriptions fall quickly, so the theory goes.

All I know is the Fuskers have two QB options that on paper are better than any we have....both had multiple SEC offers including Alabama....NU Has far more 4 stars on their roster than we do...worried about this game. To me...this game is defining for MM....has he put the program in a position after 6 years to beat a decent program on the road.

You are sadly WRONG! The CU QB room is so much more impressive than what is in Lincoln right now. Nebraska will be a good team again in 3-5 years. Right now, the roster is poisoned and needs a complete flip in order to accomplish what Frost did at UCF. Also, you see UCF sending a lot of guys to the NFL, but if we are all smart enough to realize that you must be at least 2 years of college experience, then all the UCF players that went pro are NOT Frost's recruits, rather they are FAST Florida kids and a few transfers that were at bigger schools and moved down to UCF when they ran afoul of their former teams. As I said, Nebraska should be better in 3-5 years, but I am so glad we are playing them these next 2 years and it would be great to go 2-0 and beat their asses.

You are sadly WRONG! The CU QB room is so much more impressive than what is in Lincoln right now. Nebraska will be a good team again in 3-5 years. Right now, the roster is poisoned and needs a complete flip in order to accomplish what Frost did at UCF. Also, you see UCF sending a lot of guys to the NFL, but if we are all smart enough to realize that you must be at least 2 years of college experience, then all the UCF players that went pro are NOT Frost's recruits, rather they are FAST Florida kids and a few transfers that were at bigger schools and moved down to UCF when they ran afoul of their former teams. As I said, Nebraska should be better in 3-5 years, but I am so glad we are playing them these next 2 years and it would be great to go 2-0 and beat their asses.

This same coach took a team to Salt Lake City last November and lost to a 6-6 team by 3 touchdowns in a winner goes to a bowl game. My expectation is a win in Lincoln, but I wouldn't bet on it. MM has a lot of prove if he wants to be the coach who gets us from 5 wins a year to consistently 8

While we're on the subject of Cornhusker legacy........Does Chris Brown still hold the record for most TDs scored by one player against NU.......or did somebody from Ohio State break that in one of several beatdowns they've put on the Cornhuskers?

Awesome speculation. No report he had any interest or even interviewed. Allbuffs rumormill

You had their people during the Egg Bowl starting Mike MacIntyre to Ole Miss rumors and those rumors continued into our game........let's put it in the "Where there's smoke, there's fire" category.

IIRC, it wasn't so much that he had actually gone to Oxford to interview (highly doubt that would be the case during the season), but multiple people stated there was mutual interest, which was followed by speculation that he had actually been in talks with them or had interviewed. Most likely, there were conversations with his agent and maybe MM, himself, had a conversation about it, but I seriously doubt there was any kind of in person or even formal phone interview.

Back