What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

It was more than just mindless speculation. Was it ever serious? Who knows.

But would it really shock you if MM was interested in the Ole Miss job? You seem a tad defensive here.
It’s just a way for Mac haters to jab at him. Do I care? Not really. I just hate unfounded speculation. It’s stupid.

It’s just a way for Mac haters to jab at him. Do I care? Not really. I just hate unfounded speculation. It’s stupid.
It wasn't really mac haters though. Multiple people in the media reported he could be gone but he didn't end up getting the job in the end. Even Football scoop reported, in his own words, that he REALLY REALLY wanted the Ole Miss job. It's really not a big deal though, him leaving or looking at other jobs is okay and it is dumb that fans get mad about that sort of thing. He is probably a better fit at Ole Miss than CU anyways.

Duff stated that it wasn't just mindless speculation, and your response is that you don't really care because you hate unfounded speculation. (y)
Sources? All I saw were local bloggers speculating and then certain posters here using it as proof he wanted out and interviewed. When it probably was just a list put together speculatively as people would do when s coaching position is open.

Sources? All I saw were local bloggers speculating and then certain posters here using it as proof he wanted out and interviewed. When it probably was just a list put together speculatively as people would do when s coaching position is open.

Please specify...

While we're on the subject of Cornhusker legacy........Does Chris Brown still hold the record for most TDs scored by one player against NU.......or did somebody from Ohio State break that in one of several beatdowns they've put on the Cornhuskers?
There was a guy from Wisconsin (Gordon I think) who lit them up like a pinball machine.
Edit I looked it up Gordon had over 200 yards and Ball had 4tds. So no records there. But it was a great game that I throughly enjoyed because I was surrounded by nubs including my new boss who I was just beginning to realize was a horrible human.

There was a guy from Wisconsin (Gordon I think) who lit them up like a pinball machine.
Edit I looked it up Gordon had over 200 yards and Ball had 4tds. So no records there. But it was a great game that I throughly enjoyed because I was surrounded by nubs including my new boss who I was just beginning to realize was a horrible human.

Gordon ran for I think 400 something in that game......and that held until Samaje Perine ran all over Kansas. I just looked at their record book-We still hold the record for most rushing touchdowns in one game against Nebraska.......and Chris Brown does still hold that record! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gordon ran for I think 400 something in that game......and it might still be the NCAA record for most rushing yards in a game. I just looked at their record book-We still hold the record for most rushing touchdowns in one game against Nebraska.......and Chris Brown does still hold that record! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I was at that game in Madison. It was glorious. Unfortunately, Samaje Perine from OU broke that rushing record again the week after.

This thread is worthy of the largest pile of nonsense award.
I won't have to bookmark it for future reference. CU fans around here have a Nebraska Football fetish. Strange!

Last edited:

I know those were all highlights, but the Wisconsin OL's dominance was outstanding. They were pushing Nub DL 3-4 yards off the line before Ball even broke the line of scrimmage.

Says the Nub fan who has been a member of a CU football fan board for 10 years... Who has the fetish again?

I'm just amazed Surveyor isn't like the Husker turds on the UCF board.......trying to get us all to worship at the altar of the guy who tried to half-ass an argument against what I think was the greatest team in the history of this sport in Tom Osborne.

I like to think MM was so butthurt over the way the admin handled the Tumpkin fiasco that he basically checked out for a year. Maybe not consciously, because I think he’s more professional than that. Subconsciously, though, I could see him wondering why he was putting a lot of effort in to a school that clearly would cut him loose at a moments notice over a ridiculous policital issue over which he had very little control.

I also like to hope that’s behind him now and he is more dialed in this year.

I like to think MM was so butthurt over the way the admin handled the Tumpkin fiasco that he basically checked out for a year. Maybe not consciously, because I think he’s more professional than that. Subconsciously, though, I could see him wondering why he was putting a lot of effort in to a school that clearly would cut him loose at a moments notice over a ridiculous policital issue over which he had very little control.

I also like to hope that’s behind him now and he is more dialed in this year.
2015 was sort of like that for a different reason. He spent that season on his last nerve, going after refs and assistants on the sideline. That was the year he had family members in really bad health.

Eh, last year's team just wasn't that good. The defense lost 3 coaches and 8 starters, and the offense lost its leader and the most talented players, outside of Phil, felt they had "arrived" and didn't need to work. The Tumpkin controversy and subsequent contract extension drama played out and was resolved well before the 2017 season. I think we can stop using that as an excuse.

Eh, last year's team just wasn't that good. The defense lost 3 coaches and 8 starters, and the offense lost its leader and the most talented players, outside of Phil, felt they had "arrived" and didn't need to work. The Tumpkin controversy and subsequent contract extension drama played out and was resolved well before the 2017 season. I think we can stop using that as an excuse.
Last years team was not good. However, if there was ever a schedule to set up a team to at least win 6 games, that was it. There were a lot of issues and one of them seemed to be the head coach.

Last years team was not good. However, if there was ever a schedule to set up a team to at least win 6 games, that was it. There were a lot of issues and one of them seemed to be the head coach.
I'm not excusing the coaching by any means. I'm just saying that MM being mentally checked out because of the Tumpkin situation is a pretty large excuse.

I'm not excusing the coaching by any means. I'm just saying that MM being mentally checked out because of the Tumpkin situation is a pretty large excuse.
The only game I can really point to is the Utah game. That team was extremely unprepared. Now, some of that had to do with the senior class (except for Lindsay) that just wanted to be done.

I'm just amazed Surveyor isn't like the Husker turds on the UCF board.......trying to get us all to worship at the altar of the guy who tried to half-ass an argument against what I think was the greatest team in the history of this sport in Tom Osborne.
I'll take that as a compliment. I think?

I'll take that as a compliment. I think?

I wouldn't-you're still trolling on the board of a team that your beloved Huskers will go nearly eight years without playing. By the way.......I was looking at some of the out of conference schedules your championship teams played-Does Pacific play football? This thread just gets me more and more stoked for this year-we may be mediocre, but we still get to take all the optimism that currently is running rampant in Nebraska away after we embarrass NU this year.

I wouldn't-you're still trolling on the board of a team that your beloved Huskers will go nearly eight years without playing. By the way.......I was looking at some of the out of conference schedules your championship teams played-Does Pacific play football? This thread just gets me more and more stoked for this year-we may be mediocre, but we still get to take all the optimism that currently is running rampant in Nebraska away after we embarrass NU this year.
Dear Ahoel:

Thank you for allowing me to bouce around in your head. So much space to play in.

Sincerely,

A Nebraska Fan

Back