What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. USC Game Thread

Can you elaborate? I wasn’t able to have sound and was ay a wedding
Just very inconsistent with a lot of ticky tack stuff. Horrible roughing call on Landman and then nothing when Montez was knocked out. Horrible PI on a deep jump ball between Pittman and Abrams. Blatant missed false start on SC when they scored before half. They were terrible with the substituting management. Long list of issues. It was #Pac12officials at its finest

The good thing is we know we can compete with SC's third string.
Can you elaborate? I wasn’t able to have sound and was ay a wedding
The most egregious was when Montez got blasted out of the game by a guy who took 2 full steps before hitting him. We not only lost Montez, but not even a flag with a ref standing right there watching. This, after Landman was flagged when his momentum carried him into Klovis and he tried to hold up.

Let me respond to the "Blame the referees" stuff with a couple thoughts-One, we're a Pac 12 school people. The only team the officials AREN'T awful are when we're playing OOC games against teams who bring their own referees. Two, that's a ****ing losers lament. We were the better team last night and found a way to give the football game away.
I’m sick of the passive aggressive “it’s a losers lament” bull****. The refs killed us last night. It’s a ****ing FACT.

Let me respond to the "Blame the referees" stuff with a couple thoughts-One, we're a Pac 12 school people. The only team the officials AREN'T awful are when we're playing OOC games against teams who bring their own referees. Two, that's a ****ing losers lament. We were the better team last night and found a way to give the football game away.
I think it’s okay to note that the officiating was awful.

Could we have won the game in spite of it? Sure.

Did it impact the outcome? Maybe. For instance if you reverse the roughing the passer calls, it may well create a 14 point swing for the Buffs.

Blaming the refs? No. Not unreasonable to note, though, in my opinion.

Did it impact the outcome? Maybe. For instance if you reverse the roughing the passer calls, it may well create a 14 point swing for the Buffs.

You can make that argument for every game in every sport though. I'm just more trying to point out that.........I'm kind of surprised we're not accustomed to it at this point? We've been in this conference for almost a decade now.

What really cost us was the inability to get on fumbles.
It certainly didn't help. We flat gave this game away. Penalties and not taking advantage of opportunities, plus not going on 4th and short. Do that, and you see what you saw last night.

We just did not have enough plays in us last night. We need more talent. The team played their guts out but we have a ways to go. The refs were a factor but we should have been able to make the plays to win. They were there to be had

I haven't read the whole thread, so this has probably been expressed already.. I almost suspect we could have gone mostly wildcat Viska, with Stenstrom thrown in from time to time to hand it off, in the 4th quarter and won this thing.

Last edited:
Just very inconsistent with a lot of ticky tack stuff. Horrible roughing call on Landman and then nothing when Montez was knocked out. Horrible PI on a deep jump ball between Pittman and Abrams. Blatant missed false start on SC when they scored before half. They were terrible with the substituting management. Long list of issues. It was #Pac12officials at its finest

Did Mel say anything about having the conference review the hit on Montez after the game?

We also showed poor tackling, sometimes their runners looked like a pinball, bouncing off our guys toward the "line to gain." BTW, when did they start using that terminology instead of 1st down marker? That kind of snuck up on me a couple of years ago.

He spent the entire break between the 3rd and 4th periods in a pretty succinct “discussion” with three officials.

I saw them cut to the camera showing a glimpse of Tucker. He didn’t seem non too happy with whatever was going on. I think that USC will become a game that Tucker remembers for years to come...

Two things can be true. #ttcbt

Good one. If they catch an INT or fall on a fumble in Falos hands, CU wins. Not sure what’s controversial about that.
This is blatantly wrong. At that point there was still 5:00 minutes left SC had timeouts and it was just a three-point lead. So how exactly would a turnover have ended the game? CU would have still needed to go 35 yards for a touchdown to make it a two-possession lead. Too much time left to run out the clock and a field goal wouldn't have made a difference.

Back