What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Ok. Rather than just a one word response followed up with the back and forth AllBuffs forum dance of asking 'why', why not save us all some time and and state it in your original post? #petpeeve
Tee Martin is a pretty good recruiter. I don’t think he is a good OC, not play caller. The new OC has to be a step up from Chiv and Tee Martin, who was relieved from play calling by Helton, appropriately so. Both would benefit from being under a seasoned OC.

Tee Martin is a pretty good recruiter. I don’t think he is a good OC, not play caller. The new OC has to be a step up from Chiv and Tee Martin, who was relieved from play calling by Helton, appropriately so. Both would benefit from being under a seasoned OC.
Thank you. While I do not agree with all your takes, I do appreciate your views as a stated independent third party.

I’m MFing giddy about this hire, folks. Is this a guarantee of instant success? No. Is there risk in this hire? There is in ANY hire. But there absolutely was not a better case scenario for our Buffs available. This guy is a monster as both a recruiter and a defensive schemer. Please stop with the negativity, and get on board. This mother ****ing laser death stare train is rolling and I am all ****ing aboard. Go Buffs!

Bill Snyder retirement, so I guess that puts to bed Jim Leavitt..
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-state-coach-bill-snyder-announces-retirement

KSU boards seem to be reacting to the idea of Leavitt the same way we have. Given Snyder's...uh...advanced maturity and experience, they don't seem real eager for the next guy to also qualify as an AARP member despite his energy. Not sure if its just message boards honing in on a guy they all like, but they seem to think its going to be Littrell.

KSU boards seem to be reacting to the idea of Leavitt the same way we have. Given Snyder's...uh...advanced maturity and experience, they don't seem real eager for the next guy to also qualify as an AARP member despite his energy. Not sure if its just message boards honing in on a guy they all like, but they seem to think its going to be Littrell.
How quickly they forget about the last "young gun" they hired.

How quickly they forget about the last "young gun" they hired.

Given that a certain young gun has panned out in Norman, why not do the same in Manhattan?

Given how much difficulty Les Miles and Mack Brown are having in filling their coaching staffs, I would think KSU would steer clear of Leavitt too.

Given that a certain young gun has panned out in Norman, why not do the same in Manhattan?
Given how much difficulty Les Miles and Mack Brown are having in filling their coaching staffs, I would think KSU would steer clear of Leavitt too.

But, they have their "young-gun-in-waiting" already on staff and in the family! haha. Sean Snyder inherited the team from his dad, right?

Grab the popcorn and watch how the Wildcat family implodes over this hire.

I would go all-in on Venables if I were them. He is still fairly young for a HC and he knows the DNA of K-State as well as anybody as well as how to build a winning program in a P5 conference without the KJSU-JUCO feeder system.

Just read on a Georgia forum that they are scared to death of losing both Tucker adn the OC over there.
Reports have him bringing the OC with him, which would lead to an exodus of their Florida recruiting class as well!

I think this would be a coup if we could get both Tucker ADN the OC...and maybe some recruits for good measure. ;)

Just read on a Georgia forum that they are scared to death of losing both Tucker adn the OC over there.
Reports have him bringing the OC with him, which would lead to an exodus of their Florida recruiting class as well!

I think this would be a coup if we could get both Tucker ADN the OC...and maybe some recruits for good measure. ;)
I think there is about a 100% chance he doesn't bring their OC with him.

Last edited:
UGAonline guy on the radio this morning said he would be surprised if Tucker brings ANY assistants currently on staff at UGA, but thought he might bring one quality control guy who was looking for a promotion.

UGAonline guy on the radio this morning said he would be surprised if Tucker brings ANY assistants currently on staff at UGA, but thought he might bring one quality control guy who was looking for a promotion.
It doesn't make sense for him to bring coaches from UGA, IMO.

Because that would include promoting position coaches to OC/DC most likely, and we need coaches that are familiar with Texas, California, Colorado, Arizona and Poly pipelines. There is no reason to put recruiting resources towards anywhere in the South.

Back