What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Why am I getting the feeling that Day had a handshake agreement to be HC then changed his mind

Because thats an extremely real possibility. We could theoretically get a deal all the way to the point where signature is the only thing left and then have Meyer retire after the game and the handshake becomes a reality. I hate that thats a possibility but I acknowledge it could go that way.

I'd be curious if Day will have an exception in his contract for tOSU job.

Because thats an extremely real possibility. We could theoretically get a deal all the way to the point where signature is the only thing left and then have Meyer retire after the game and the handshake becomes a reality. I hate that thats a possibility but I acknowledge it could go that way.

I'd be curious if Day will have an exception in his contract for tOSU job.
It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't. OSU has plenty of money to pay for a buyout and a lot of coaches don't want to leave the school out to dry. Like with Campbell this past offseason, he agreed to a higher buyout on his part with the extension even though he knew he wouldn't be around as long.

RG has been playing this extremely close to the vest. I like checking Football Scoop, but it's been clear from the beginning that they don't have any inside scoop on our coaching search. I think all they have is agents feeding them stuff. JL's agent is in overdrive trying to make his guy look in demand. I (still) trust in RG.
Scoop rarely scoops. They regurgitate. Then pile on at end and try to look smart.

Ohio State playing the keep Ryan Day game, UGGGHHH
Lake playing it cool and quiet, OK, I LOVE THIS GUY AND HE WOULD MAKE US BETTER
Tucker warming me up as a seriously good candidate, GREAT GUY, GREAT COACH, WE WOULD TAKE A HUGE STEP FORWARD
Mason out of the running, EXCELLENT
Leavitt on standby as the last option, NOT COOL AT ALL!!!

In summary Mr. Rick George, please wrap up Jimmy Lake tomorrow morning, or Mel Tucker on Sunday morning!!! Otherwise, depression will be setting in.

Ohio State playing the keep Ryan Day game, UGGGHHH
Lake playing it cool and quiet, OK, I LOVE THIS GUY AND HE WOULD MAKE US BETTER
Tucker warming me up as a seriously good candidate, GREAT GUY, GREAT COACH, WE WOULD TAKE A HUGE STEP FORWARD
Mason out of the running, EXCELLENT
Leavitt on standby as the last option, NOT COOL AT ALL!!!

In summary Mr. Rick George, please wrap up Jimmy Lake tomorrow morning, or Mel Tucker on Sunday morning!!! Otherwise, depression will be setting in.
No way on Leavitt. If we get stuck with him, I would have rather had MM one more year and get an upgrade after one more disappointing season. Leavitt will make me cry in my beer.

Oh why does this feel like it's falling apart!

hqdefault.jpg

At the same time, putting faith in RG's statement during the firing presser -
"Don't believe what you hear in social media forums regarding this process. When the decision is made, you will hear it from me." Or something to that respect.
I'm off to go breathe some oxygen now.

100% agree, but does Lake balk at being sloppy seconds? Oh why does this feel like it's falling apart!

Lake was always my #1, and should have always been our #1 because of the risk of the mighty Ohio State rising up and protecting its coach. That risk has always been there and Day's agent knows that. I feel like Day has been a smokescreen the whole time, and that we have an agreement with Jimmy Lake in place, with one major caveat.... Keep the pressure off him all week, so he can coach his kids and then he can tell them tomorrow morning that he is going, and everyone is happy for him and his new opportunity. If it comes out and Jimmy gets mad, maybe then it falls apart. RG is the master for counter espionage.

This is all part of my twisted imagination mind you, but it could be right?

Back