What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

A close look at the rooftop terrace, and a good look onto the IPF and the garage underneath, looks like the floor of the IPF is starting to set.

[video=youtube;Az9Vm1CttJs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az9Vm1CttJs[/video]

The editing in that video should win an Emmy. Cliff I'm proud of you buddy.

Wow I had no idea they hit the bottom and started the parking garage. If weather is nice, that indoor facility will pop up so fast. I watched the Broncos facility go up and it is amazing how quickly they can build if things go right. I think the Broncos indoor facility was completed two months ahead of schedule.

It is going to be more like this:
und-indoor2.jpg

The track cuts the corners of the endzone. Vanderbilt's is similar.

If you look at Ted Miller's tweet from the Washington pro day you can see the indoor facility and I think that is what they are trying to do here.

If you look at Ted Miller's tweet from the Washington pro day you can see the indoor facility and I think that is what they are trying to do here.

Washington's is just a couple years old. Think our project will stack up very favorably.

[tweet]583407098563657729[/tweet]
[tweet]583698605329883136[/tweet]

New player auditorium and rendering, w/ added bros

[tweet]593056234149777408[/tweet]

Bit disappointed with the size and look of this one. However it will probably bring our film study tech to the 21st century, and the seats look to be big enough to fit football players unlike our current set up. It is not impressive to me, but it works. But if they were going to skip on one thing, I am most ok with them skipping and cost saving here.

compare to oregon's

AIOJRDYVNCQRHXM.20130730210631.jpg

Washington
DMYHRABLJXVEWFD.20130823222805.jpg

LLWUHGUWVEYPQYH.20130823223612.jpg

Utah
1073auditorium-02.jpg

Last edited:
I think you'll change your tune when our auditorium is finished and you're not looking at the cartoonish rendering of it.

Potentially, I work with construction renderings pretty much every day though, I am fairly confident in how the design choices will translate to actual construction. The finishes are fine. I am more concerned with the size of the room. Oregon and Washington look to be full 2 story rooms, like movie theaters.

Potentially, I work with construction renderings pretty much every day though, I am fairly confident in how the design choices will translate to actual construction. The finishes are fine. I am more concerned with the size of the room. Oregon and Washington look to be full 2 story rooms, like movie theaters.
Consider the ultimate point of the room: coaches working with players studying film. A long and narrow two story theater doesn't facilitate that nearly as well as a shallower, wider and rounder room does. Sure, the room may not "look as impressive," but I would rather have the most distant player 7-8 rows back instead of 20.

Big Al said on the radio that he went RG to the Washington game and their facilities changed his perception of the arms race in college football. It seem like they took a lot of pointers from that trip.

Bit disappointed with the size and look of this one. However it will probably bring our film study tech to the 21st century, and the seats look to be big enough to fit football players unlike our current set up. It is not impressive to me, but it works. But if they were going to skip on one thing, I am most ok with them skipping and cost saving here.

I love the shape of ours and look of the walls (more or less.) What stands out to me are those awful ****ing carpets compared to OU's wooden floors. Changing that would make it my favorite of all your photos.

Oregon's looks to be 10 rows deep and 17 seats across (170 seats for you idots). Didn't someone say ours was going to seat like 155-160? Are we really making a fuss because theirs seats a few more?

These facilities will be state-of-the-art when finished, but comparing ourselves to Oregon in every aspect of facilities is a losing battle. We aren't Oregon and we shouldn't try to be. We are the mother****ing University of Colorado!

Oregon's looks to be 10 rows deep and 17 seats across (170 seats for you idots). Didn't someone say ours was going to seat like 155-160? Are we really making a fuss because theirs seats a few more?

These facilities will be state-of-the-art when finished, but comparing ourselves to Oregon in every aspect of facilities is a losing battle. We aren't Oregon and we shouldn't try to be. We are the mother****ing University of Colorado!

Couldn't care less about # of seats, I am more concerned about the "wow factor". The facility IS going to be state of the art, and it IS going to be great for the future of colorado football. I was just expressing my own personal dislike for the particular room. It will probably be more functional than Oregon's, because as was pointed out the players will be 7 or 8 deep which makes it easier for "teachers" to keep the room focused on the lesson. The other rooms I posted just look more impressive to me. That's all.

As was stated UW look pretty similar, to what we are planning, but the ceiling and the space just look more impressive to me. Maybe it is just the flooring as Timmy pointed out.

It's been stated several times already, but I'll go ahead and say it again: We're not trying to build something that's comparable to Oregon. That's a fools errand. We're trying to build something that will allow a recruit to say "This works", not "This is the greatest thing I've ever seen". The film room looks great, and will be more than adequate for our needs. What we need to avoid is having recruits come in and say "this place needs a lot of work". They won't be saying that with what we're building now. At least, not for another few years.

Back