What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

I'd have preferred a more "finished" ceiling than the exposed pre-cast panels. But I guess they are low maintenance.

The stone work on the exterior has really picked up pace recently. The stadium side of the facade is nearing completion. Also they have begun erecting steel for the IPF. Appears they are going to putting up a large mobile crane to take down the tower, in the near future. It will probably stay on site to lift the steel for the IPF. Looking better every day

Question for the construction people out there.

Now that the parking structure is beginning to come together, how quickly do you think they will have it finished to the point that we will start seeing the IPF start to take shape?

Question for the construction people out there.

Now that the parking structure is beginning to come together, how quickly do you think they will have it finished to the point that we will start seeing the IPF start to take shape?

They have a lot of concrete work to do for the parking surfaces before we see anything go vertical. As they progress towards the north, I bet we will be able to see more steel columns be placed, but I wouldn't anticipate any roof construction to be done until the parking structure is completed.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see it take another month or so until it starts to look like an IPF

Will the parking garage be under the entire IPF or just what you see now - a U type shape? Curious as to why they are building it that way rather than just South to North evenly.

Will the parking garage be under the entire IPF or just what you see now - a U type shape? Curious as to why they are building it that way rather than just South to North evenly.

I am assuming it will be the entire floor. My best guess to the methodology is that it is necessary to build that way to move heavy equipment around.

Haven't done this in a while, so here is a progress update from what I can see

progress 05-13(2).JPG

Gray: Can see the bridge tie in to Dal Ward. Stone hasn't been done around the bridge but has been done on the rest of the lower wall
Orange: Framing, and stone work being done on "chimneys"
Yellow: stone work outlining bridge connection. Looks like those worrying about the bridge connecting to the east side box can relax
Green: Continuing stone work

Overall: Stone is moving rather quickly. The rest of the field facing facade looks to be done with the exception of the areas mentioned already

progress 05-13.JPG

Red: Stone work beginning on eastern facade.
Blue: Steel for the IPF going in. Not a lot at this point, but good to see some results on this part of the project

Big mobile crane in the pit. Not sure why, but it may be used to pull down the tower crane soon. It will likely be the crane that is used to fly the steel in place for the IPF
Two new elevator/stair shafts on the west side of the pit. Again not much to see, but it is good that there is progress
Can't tell much else on this side because of the trees.

Trees, and leaves!

hqdefault.jpg

Just watched the timelapse of the project from both angles. Wow - amazing to look back at what we started with and what it looks like now. Can't wait to see the finished product and be able to walk through it and experience it on Saturdays!

Here's a snapshot from 11 months ago and today.

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 1.47.29 PM.png

Last edited:
Keep up the good work. Give us some insight on your new gig - how do you decide what to research/write about each day?

Keep up the good work. Give us some insight on your new gig - how do you decide what to research/write about each day?

I have a few ideas in my head, so right now I've been just using those when I feel appropriate. Forums like this one and places like twitter help me to get a gauge of what I think the fans want to read about.
That being said, I'm always open to suggestions and requests, in the end it's all about you guys.

I have a few ideas in my head, so right now I've been just using those when I feel appropriate. Forums like this one and places like twitter help me to get a gauge of what I think the fans want to read about.
That being said, I'm always open to suggestions and requests, in the end it's all about you guys.

So, the stories aren't about what's best for you? What a novel concept. Keep up the good work RK. Rep.

Hookers, blow and CU football.

I just shed a little tear.

Back