What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Oregon's looks to be 10 rows deep and 17 seats across (170 seats for you idots). Didn't someone say ours was going to seat like 155-160? Are we really making a fuss because theirs seats a few more?

These facilities will be state-of-the-art when finished, but comparing ourselves to Oregon in every aspect of facilities is a losing battle. We aren't Oregon and we shouldn't try to be. We are the mother****ing University of Colorado!

The project manager said our will seat 170 as well.

Why is Oregon's so cool? Cause it is steep and the lights are off? This is a meeting room for god's sakes.

Couldn't care less about # of seats, I am more concerned about the "wow factor". The facility IS going to be state of the art, and it IS going to be great for the future of colorado football. I was just expressing my own personal dislike for the particular room. It will probably be more functional than Oregon's, because as was pointed out the players will be 7 or 8 deep which makes it easier for "teachers" to keep the room focused on the lesson. The other rooms I posted just look more impressive to me. That's all.

As was stated UW look pretty similar, to what we are planning, but the ceiling and the space just look more impressive to me. Maybe it is just the flooring as Timmy pointed out.

Fair enough. I think Timmy had a good point with the hardwood floors, for sure. That, mixed with the dark seats and room, gives that picture a nice sleek look.

Why is Oregon's so cool? Cause it is steep and the lights are off? This is a meeting room for god's sakes.

Thank you. It's basically a movie theater with comfortable CU logo chairs that a 300 lb dude can fit in.

I like what they're doing. Most important thing is the number of satellite meeting rooms to handle offense/defense meetings and position groups. That was lacking in the past. This part of the project is mostly about functional logistics, not "wow".

Corithian leather

badgeonleather.jpg

Oregon's facility looks like it could be Nike headquarters. It lacks character and ambiance.

My Nephew Patrick will be playing at ND as an incoming freshman OL this year. He is quite excited, cool stuff. Based on the weather up there.... Bonus! ;) Ha.

(per the rendering of the ND practice facility)

My Nephew Patrick will be playing at ND as an incoming freshman OL this year. He is quite excited, cool stuff. Based on the weather up there.... Bonus! ;) Ha.

(per the rendering of the ND practice facility)

cool story.

It's been stated several times already, but I'll go ahead and say it again: We're not trying to build something that's comparable to Oregon. That's a fools errand. We're trying to build something that will allow a recruit to say "This works", not "This is the greatest thing I've ever seen". The film room looks great, and will be more than adequate for our needs. What we need to avoid is having recruits come in and say "this place needs a lot of work". They won't be saying that with what we're building now. At least, not for another few years.
This!
Don't just build something to match Oregon because they'll just tear theirs down and outdo you the next year. Build a matching auditorium to Oregon? Phil's got them covered, and the next one will have seats made from only the finest baby seal eyes, tiger pelts, and ivory. He'll even stuff the seats with bits of rhino horn because some shaman told him it would give them an advantage.

Nice job putting a Rooskie chopper in with the Republik of Boulder party deck. Will be featuring Smirnov?

Politics aside, Rooskies engineers best captured the profile of a buffalo in their design, with that big hump behind the cockpit. The Mi-24 Hind attack and troop transport helicopter just looks like a big flying buffalo that is coming to kick P12 ass and take your 5* recruit.

Last edited by a moderator:
flagstone is taking awhile. would think they are close to starting east side. anyone know if north side is done?

flagstone is taking awhile. would think they are close to starting east side. anyone know if north side is done?

Doubt it. The flagstone at CU takes a long time. The campus architects come out and review every so many square feet of stone work and if it is not up to their standard they can have the contractor pull it down and start over. Its definitely a long process. It also has been raining lately, which makes stone work tough.

Doubt it. The flagstone at CU takes a long time. The campus architects come out and review every so many square feet of stone work and if it is not up to their standard they can have the contractor pull it down and start over. Its definitely a long process. It also has been raining lately, which makes stone work tough.
So they aren't applying it to precast panels? I thought that's what they'd do rather than laying it stone by stone. Hmm.

So they aren't applying it to precast panels? I thought that's what they'd do rather than laying it stone by stone. Hmm.

All stone at CU is laid stone by stone. CU does not use a precast stone veneer for the campus buildings. All of it is true stone and is from a quarry that CU owns, in order to keep all stone on campus consistent in color

Last edited:
Plus every single stone is hand chiseled, on site, to fit perfectly.

All stone at CU is laid stone by stone. CU does not use a precast stone veneer for the campus buildings. All of it is true stone and is from a quarry that CU owns, in order to keep all stone on campus consistent in color

I thought that quarry ran out? The newer stone definitely looks pinker than the old stuff (you can tell with the Atlas building)

I thought that quarry ran out? The newer stone definitely looks pinker than the old stuff (you can tell with the Atlas building)

Don't think so. May have. The problem with stone is that even if you get it from the same place its different. So as they break the rock, it may be really pink in some areas, orange in some areas, tan in some areas. It really is kind of a crap shoot. But the best you can do is mine it all from the same place.

Haven't noticed a difference with the new dorms at Will Vill or the basketball practice facility, all of which were built after Atlas.

Last edited:
Back